AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ BrandsHatch, Wednesday 7th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This Wednesday we are going to try something new with a multiclass event on BrandsHatch in Kent, England. You are all invited to join! With a full grid it promises to be a dynamic event but still quite relaxed as of the nature of both types.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!

By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

There's some more information in the 3rd post.

Brands-HatchGP03.42809908430a6663c97b2ee38cce2ca7.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Brands Hatch GP
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Important: s.gp servers are configured to start up only if at least 6 persons have registered.
So with less registered drivers the event will automatically be canceled at startup time.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Some extra (background) information for this event.

First, it's never done before with these cars as far as I know. I tried it with AI with 12 Audi's and 12 MX5's on Portimao. So doing this with humans is an experiment. We will evaluate afterwards.

I've chosen the Audi TT alongside the MX5 because it's a faster car but still easy to drive and also with only a few setup options more than the Mazda. Therefore it's suitable as a intermediate car in a learning path towards the GT3's. It has front wheel drive and that can be considered an advantage as well as an disadvantage. It's good to get experience with that kind of drive but it differs from the GT3's in that aspect.

A multiclass event not only doubles the podium places (the more winners, the better) but also gives more learning opportunities, especially with overtaking and defending within traffic.

But most of all I hope it will give everyone even more fun than the mono MX5 events.

It works best if both classes have a fair amount of participants. If you as a joiner will take that into account when you sign up, it would be great. As for me, I will change class just before the event starts to the class that has the fewest participants.

Last edited:
I am in with the TT please @HF2000, Brands Hatch was the first race I did with this club back in January and I was truly awful. It was a crash course (quite literally) in online racing with real racers, I think I got lapped twice by the front runners that day! I have been looking forward to going back there since and hopefully making some kind of amends! :unsure:

I am in with the TT please @HF2000, Brands Hatch was the first race I did with this club back in January and I was truly awful. It was a crash course (quite literally) in online racing with real racers, I think I got lapped twice by the front runners that day! I have been looking forward to going back there since and hopefully making some kind of amends! :unsure:
That race was my first GT3 practice also, though I didn't participate in the race - I'd like to see how far I've come since then, if at all :)

I like the idea of a mixed class race, but is this the best circuit for it?
Probably not the best track indeed but doable and it's a 'thank you' gesture to Chris Down so that the last race he organizes with the GT3's can be on his favorite track.

I think it's common knowledge within our community that Brands is my least favorite track but I think with MX5 it will be OK. I didn't try the Audi there yet.

Last edited:
Nice idea, I'll also wait with my registration to equal out cars. How much difference in pace is there you think?

Nice idea, I'll also wait with my registration to equal out cars. How much difference in pace is there you think?
At Portimao it was about 10-12 sec/lap for the AI. You have to be very fast with the MX5 to finish in front of the slowest Audi.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, front runner TT race pace is about 1:31, frontrunner MX5 race pace is about 1:39 or so, so it will take about 11 laps (or just under half race distance) for the TT front runners to reach the MX5 front runners.
You're an elephant, memorywise :confused: !

Maybe it's better to register now but swap just before the start. There are only 24 slots. I don't know how popular this is going to be.

I see Brands, I sign up :) This will be my first multiclass race but I'll run a few offline races to flush the nerves. Boy, I'm really looking forward to this! :D
Hi Logan. Glad you like it. Don't worry. In the slower class car the only thing you have to do, is stay on the racing line when getting a blue flag from the faster car class. That's different with a blue flag from the same class where you have to lift on the straight to let the guy behind pass.

In multiclass it's totally the responsibilty of the faster class car to pass you. Being held up by a slower class car is part of the game and the excitement and the fun. Every fast class car driver will have the same problem. So it's a good choice of you to start in the MX5 to see how it goes and learn from it. Save the replay and analyse some moments that you were overtaken by an Audi. I hope this experiment will be a succes so that you get your chance in the future to be in the faster class car when you feel ready for it.

Last edited:
I'm in! Didn't know the TT was a FWD :redface: so for both being a backmarker and the disastrous outcome of my one an only FWD race (though in a totally different car) I'll stick to the MX5 :rolleyes:

I'm in! Didn't know the TT was a FWD :redface: so for both being a backmarker and the disastrous outcome of my one an only FWD race (though in a totally different car) I'll stick to the MX5 :rolleyes:
Hi Omar, good choice! When you feel comfortable in this multiclass events, you can try the Audi. I find it one of the most easy FWD cars to drive so don't let your negative first experience with FWD stop you of trying it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%