AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ BrandsHatch, Wednesday 7th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Omar, good choice! When you feel comfortable in this multiclass events, you can try the Audi. I find it one of the most easy FWD cars to drive so don't let your negative first experience with FWD stop you of trying it.

Isn't the TT AWD? I though it was the same Haldex system as the TTS?

Hi Omar, good choice! When you feel comfortable in this multiclass events, you can try the Audi. I find it one of the most easy FWD cars to drive so don't let your negative first experience with FWD stop you of trying it.

Actually this was one of the (if not just "the") very first experiences in Assetto Corsa when I first started playing it. It was both the beginning of my journey into this beautiful sim and the (obviously failed :roflmao:) attempt at qualifying for the MINI virtual challenge held by MINI last year as a replacement / companion to the real on track challenge. I'll be in a very god mood and once this is race will be finished I'll also try to double check how my lap times improved since then by doing some practice offline in the MINI

I am happy to swap to the MX5 just before practise starts if the balance needs evening out.
That would be great! Andreas and I are doing the same so let's see how it goes. I just found out that you don't have to cancel your registration and register again. There's a kind of pencil icon on the right of the car. If you click on it, you can swap to the other class. But you can't choose the livery in that case.

Or maybe only admin's can do that. I can change it for the other participants too, I see now.

Last edited:
OK, guys, count me in.

( with the "hairdresser Porsche" as we call it in Germany. Well, I´would have owned one since the NA, but they don´t come in "men´s sizes" :()

MFG Carsten

OK, guys, count me in.

( with the "hairdresser Porsche" as we call it in Germany. Well, I´would have owned one since the NA, but they don´t come in "men´s sizes" :()

MFG Carsten
:D I know the feeling. Started racing in VR a few weeks ago. When I first drove the MX-5 (and the classic Mini) I had to virtually lower my seating position. Otherwise I would have had the strut (windshield frame? how do you call that?) blocking my vision and in the Mini I always had the feeling, my head is touching the ceiling :D

This is going to be interesting. Full grid now, 12 cars in each class :)

Just to get this right, I can ignore the blue flag and the TTs can find there own way past?

To all participants,

We have a full grid now which is great!
But therefore I will ask you to cancel your registration as soon as you know you not going to make it to give others the chance to take your place.

Qualify will be split into the first 10min for the Audi's and the second half for the Mazda's. This is not facilitated so it's based on a gentleman's agreement. I hope that everyone will be on Discord so you can hear me explaining this in the pre race chat.

This is going to be interesting. Full grid now, 12 cars in each class :)

Just to get this right, I can ignore the blue flag and the TTs can find there own way past?
Yes, if the car behind is an Audi, you can ignore it but don't defend either. Just stay on the racing line in order to be as predictable as possible.

If the car behind with blue flag is a Mazda, you have to apply to the blue flag rules as normal.

All Audi drivers shouldn't divebomb on Mazda's. Accept some time loss in the turns when behind a Mazda. It will be the same for everyone.

I'm keen to race this one too so if anyone decides not join please do cancel the registration. BTW, it says there is one place available on simracing.gp but it wouldn't let me select either of the cars.

Last edited:
I'm keen to race this one too so if anyone decides not join please do cancel the registration. BTW, it says there is one place available on simracing.gp but it wouldn't let me select either of the cars.
Did you send Bram Hengeveld a mail for access to s.gp?

Did you send Bram Hengeveld a mail for access to s.gp?

Yes, I can enter other races normally, using the 'Choose' button next to the car. I just can't access what looks like a spare place for Wednesday's race. It's possible it's because there isn't actually a spare slot of course.

Yes, I can enter other races normally, using the 'Choose' button next to the car. I just can't access what looks like a spare place for Wednesday's race. It's possible it's because there isn't actually a spare slot of course.
There are 23 participants. I will cancel my registration. Can you try it then again?

There are 23 participants. I will cancel my registration. Can you try it then again?
I can see the extra available slot (thank you!) but still not access it sadly. Suggesting it might be a system issue. Below is a sdcreeshot showing the available spaces but not the ability to 'choose' them.

Thanks for your help Han!

dave

Attachments

• sgp.PNG
    sgp.PNG
    236.6 KB · Views: 43
I have been racing the Audi TT in the Monday Rookie races. When I saw this I thought it was a great idea so I have signed up. I think I am ready for a longer race and the challenge of racing with different powered cars.

I have chosen the Audi as I feel I am quite dialled in and can be somewhat competitive. I tried the MX5 around Brands and enjoyed it but I would not be up to speed for Wednesday. I might be up for future MX5 races as I need the RWD practice.

As this is over subbed :whistling:. The base setup i posted makes this a very similar drive to an mx5 cup.

Hope you all have a good week :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, if the car behind is an Audi, you can ignore it but don't defend either. Just stay on the racing line in order to be as predictable as possible.

If the car behind with blue flag is a Mazda, you have to apply to the blue flag rules as normal.

All Audi drivers shouldn't divebomb on Mazda's. Accept some time loss in the turns when behind a Mazda. It will be the same for everyone.

At least its easy to recognize the ugly mug äh front fascia of an Audi in the mirrors :O_o:

Let´s have fun Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back