AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @Black Cat County, Wednesday 24th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, that sucked royally :cry:

Qualified third, came in dead last.

And for the Audist who buttended me in the starting grid,
you better pitch in "Dinner and a Show", Mr :cautious:

Han, your starting grid pranks are getting old.
is there a chance to not do that next time??

Thanks to all, respectfull driving

carsten

sorry I had to withdraw but I clearly had a ping problem once all the cars were together. I am waiting for a line fault to be fixed but it hasn't caused an issue before tonight. Hope I didn't mess anyone's race up if so, humbly apologize.
btw @HF2000 I am already on Discord with other groups. Navigating to that channel if I try to join it I get a message telling me to Ask to Join.
Did you try the Discord link in the first post? That's the way to get registered to the RaceDepartment discord.

I got a drive-trough penalty I think due to something that happened at the start, I might have moved my car accidentally before start or something? But only noticed the penalty after I got disqualified
Yes I saw you in my mirror way too early leave. At the top of your screen you get the message that you have to serve the drive through penalty within two laps or so.

I got a drive-trough penalty I think due to something that happened at the start, I might have moved my car accidentally before start or something? But only noticed the penalty after I got disqualified
From my point of view it looked like you jumped the start by several seconds. Your car drove through mine while the red lights were counting up. Did you see the five light go out?

Then suddenly I was alone on the grid for a second before everyone was back. With a couple of cars pointing the wrong way.

I seem to remember that we had also jump starts when the other glitches were. Don't know if it was with every event.
But the coding on S.GP for jump start is wrong anyway because as I configure the jump start penalty to 'Drive Through' it will be 'Teleport' and vice versa. So maybe there's another error in that part of the code. I have reported this also.

Last edited:
sorry I had to withdraw but I clearly had a ping problem once all the cars were together. I am waiting for a line fault to be fixed but it hasn't caused an issue before tonight. Hope I didn't mess anyone's race up if so, humbly apologize.
btw @HF2000 I am already on Discord with other groups. Navigating to that channel if I try to join it I get a message telling me to Ask to Join.
You also need to associate your Discord account with your RD account here on the website. I'm sure there are proper instructions somewhere for doing that but I can't instantly find them (cough).
However, this post should give you the basic idea.

I seem to remember that we had also jump starts when the other glitches were. Don't know if it was with every event.
But the coding on S.GP for jump start is wrong anyway because as I configure the jump start penalty to 'Drive Through' it will be 'Teleport' and vice versa. So maybe there's another error in that part of the code. I have reported this also.
Han, I think the jump starts happen because people mistakenly react to the other cars disappearing glitch even though it makes no sense (this is definitely what I did a few races back, so I speak from experience!). Hence I suspect the glitch isn't actually causing 'false' jump starts per se but of course the glitch is very annoying and can sometime completely ruin someone start and race if they reappear on top of someone else resulting in a crash (I've seen that happen!) so it definitely needs fixing. In the past it seems to have happened with a high load (20+ cars) so surprising and disappointing that it's now occurred with only 13 cars.

Han, I think the jump starts happen because people mistakenly react to the other cars disappearing glitch even though it makes no sense (this is definitely what I did a few races back, so I speak from experience!). Hence I suspect the glitch isn't actually causing 'false' jump starts per se but of course the glitch is very annoying and can sometime completely ruin someone start and race if they reappear on top of someone else resulting in a crash (I've seen that happen!) so it definitely needs fixing. In the past it seems to have happened with a high load (20+ cars) so surprising and disappointing that it's now occurred with only 13 cars.
Yes you could be right although I definitely remember two times where a car had a jump start before the other cars disappeared. Anyway, Bram has forwarded it to the development team so fingers crossed that they will fix it now.

Can you inhibit the gear selection before the last red light goes out, not sure what you can about manual gearbox’s and the clutch though.
I suppose it is no real difference to the limitation that a rolling start puts on some competitors.
I am assuming ( if I interpret the above correctly ) this is due to the computational load put on the server from the Mazda jump start.

Can you inhibit the gear selection before the last red light goes out, not sure what you can about manual gearbox’s and the clutch though.
I suppose it is no real difference to the limitation that a rolling start puts on some competitors.
I am assuming ( if I interpret the above correctly ) this is due to the computational load put on the server from the Mazda jump start.
Interesting point about the possibility of the Mazda jump start causing a high server computational load - I guess it's possible especially as it apparently drove through at least one other car on the grid (based on Lars comment above - I didn't even know this was possible but I guess it's similar to driving through other cars in the pits).

Been caught in the glitch at the start and had to recover lots of positions. At least I was the first Audi to have to get past the Mazdas, that makes my kind of proud :roflmao:
Other than that, I made a stupid thing just before the start (changed the diff settings in search of better grip) and couldn't find any pace until the end of the race when I almost equalled my (alone) practice pace (2.54ish). By that time, and considering the initial glitch, I was quite far from the Audis so it was another lonely race for me..

See you all in Assen, I remember having found a good pace there with the Mazda last time, not for the lead but it was quite a funny race. I'm thinking about switching back to the jap car for a while..

Been caught in the glitch at the start and had to recover lots of positions. At least I was the first Audi to have to get past the Mazdas, that makes my kind of proud :roflmao:
Other than that, I made a stupid thing just before the start (changed the diff settings in search of better grip) and couldn't find any pace until the end of the race when I almost equalled my (alone) practice pace (2.54ish). By that time, and considering the initial glitch, I was quite far from the Audis so it was another lonely race for me..

See you all in Assen, I remember having found a good pace there with the Mazda last time, not for the lead but it was quite a funny race. I'm thinking about switching back to the jap car for a while..
I now know how to do a restart so if we have another glitch, I will do that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%