AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Bathurst, Wednesday 13th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, I don't mind because I see it as an opportunity to learn the GT4 and especially tyre management but I'm OK to switch to the Nissan if it stays that way.
Suggestion: if at 15 min before the event starts, we have less than 4 GT4 participants, we will switch to GT3? I won't practice beforehand with the Nissan though.

It's maser vs the mountain for me on sunday! If there are other cars there all the better :laugh:

Hi Taj,

You're right about the front tyres but I discovered at some practice laps on Bathurst that you as a driver have a lot of influence on that in this car. So I'm planning to use these races to get better on tyre management. I hope it will help me with preserving tyres with GT3's also.

Some lads have jumped straight into the 911 GT3. If I had plans to try and drive the 911 GT3, which i might, i will maybe spend some time in the cayman beforehand.

911s and porkers are a weird car. Can create bad habits if you aren't familiar with the odd things they do.

Last edited:
Four sign ups now! let's GT4!!!!:):):)

5 now :coffee:

Thanks to @Kek700 for the switch... I saw you were going Lambo!! Brave!

The maserati is the same front rear layout as the BMW GT3. Has all the same behaviors. It's just a little harder to tame. For some reason Maserati decided to not avail of the abs and tc which are allowed in GT4. I would say any bmw driver would really benefit from driving the maser on occasion. Fine tune the pedal muscles!

Just my impressions, as the 911 and bmw have been popular for some folks on sundays. It feels like there are benefits from starting in the cayman for a few months before going to the 911.

Last edited:
Some lads have jumped straight into the 911 GT3. If I had plans to try and drive the 911 GT3, which i might, i will maybe spend some time in the cayman beforehand.

911s and porkers are a weird car. Can create bad habits if you aren't familiar with the odd things they do.
In fact, the Cayman is a mid-engined car and behaves very differently from the 911 GT3 (rear engine). For example, the Cayman eats the front tires and the 911 burns the rear tires. They're both a little under-steery, but the 911 suffers from deadly snap oversteer, which in the Cayman is only a little and quite manageable. Of course with my driving style :(.

In my humble opinion, the Cayman is not a great car to move up to the 911GT3 but more to other GT3s.

5 now :coffee:

Thanks to @Kek700 for the switch... I saw you were going Lambo!! Brave!

The maserati is the same front rear layout as the BMW GT3. Has all the same behaviors. It's just a little harder to tame. For some reason Maserati decided to not avail of the abs and tc which are allowed in GT4. I would say any bmw driver would really benefit from driving the maser on occasion. Fine tune the pedal muscles!

Just my impressions, as the 911 and bmw have been popular for some folks on sundays. It feels like there are benefits from starting in the cayman for a few months before going to the 911.
OK Brian, you have sold it to me, I have switched to the Massa, that's a fair number of GT3 to GT4's now! :)

Last edited:
In fact, the Cayman is a mid-engined car and behaves very differently from the 911 GT3 (rear engine). For example, the Cayman eats the front tires and the 911 burns the rear tires. They're both a little under-steery, but the 911 suffers from deadly snap oversteer, which in the Cayman is only a little and quite manageable. Of course with my driving style :(.

In my humble opinion, the Cayman is not a great car to move up to the 911GT3 but more to other GT3s.

Very true Han! I thought they were the same as the 911's. That's even better that it's mid engined. Ideal for warming up to any of the MR GT3 cars.

Thankyou @HF2000 Han after seeing your times in the Porsche there is not going to be a breeze of a race for me,:D:D what with brian flying, constant wall's looming, constant GT3 whizzing around the GT4's.

I shall return to the

"I know my place GT3"

4724181.jpg

There's an app? :confused:
I'm sure I had some app or icon in the launcher drawer on my android phone. I long-tapped and it gave me the option to "Uninstall" like it was a regular app, but I don't know how to get it back, I can't find it anywhere.. :O_o: Actually, it didn't do much more than opening am instance of the browser inside the app, but it was convenient to have it as a separate app :cry:

I'm sure I had some app or icon in the launcher drawer on my android phone. I long-tapped and it gave me the option to "Uninstall" like it was a regular app, but I don't know how to get it back, I can't find it anywhere.. :O_o: Actually, it didn't do much more than opening am instance of the browser inside the app, but it was convenient to have it as a separate app :cry:
Hmm, weird. Is it possible that it was just a shortcut to the web page, rather than an actual app?
If it really was an app, then Google Play should list it in your app list (I think the section is called "My apps" or similar) even if you have uninstalled it. This particular feature is probably designed to make it easier to install the same app on multiple devices you own I guess.

Hmm, weird. Is it possible that it was just a shortcut to the web page, rather than an actual app?
If it really was an app, then Google Play should list it in your app list (I think the section is called "My apps" or similar) even if you have uninstalled it. This particular feature is probably designed to make it easier to install the same app on multiple devices you own I guess.

Actually, I was able to save the shortcut on the launcher home page and it has the same appearance and behaviour of what I called the app, so you are probably right. However, it is useless as it doesn't work anyway (still that ring going round and round)

Actually, I was able to save the shortcut on the launcher home page and it has the same appearance and behaviour of what I called the app, so you are probably right. However, it is useless as it doesn't work anyway (still that ring going round and round)
Well, I'm baffled about what might be causing it to play up, esp. given that you've cleared the cache :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%