AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Barcelona Moto, Wednesday 29th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, that was 40 minutes of intense racing. In qualifying I did a once-in-a-lifetime lap that put me in 2nd place, just 0.1 from Chris (normal 2.5s). I had a good start and was able to stay 2nd, but Thomas was constantly looking for an opportunity to overtake. I didn't get a gap with him and on lap 2 or 3 he passed me on the straight with p2p when my exit wasn't so good. But then Neil got a better pace and soon came into target range. We fought on all through the race, first for 3rd and when Thomas got his freeze problems, for 2nd. I defended hard (and hopefully within the rules) and hoped for a break as we lapped the Mazdas. When I finally got lucky with a Mazda overtake, I got a 2 second gap with Neil. But then I relaxed too much, lost my concentration and made some small mistakes so that Neil could get back on my tail. On the last lap, I was a little distracted by a Mazda going off track and missing my turn-in point in the mid sector. Neil took advantage of that and we went side by side in La Caixa and Banc Sabadell, but he was on the inside and in Europcar he took the lead. I thought I had lost 2nd then, but he went into the last corner too fast and ended up with two wheels in the sand. I was able to pass him in what were the last meters of the race.

Very happy with 2nd but races like this cost me years of my life (and a soggy T-shirt).

Congrats to the other podium guys and thanks all for racing, especially the Mazda drivers for their great behavior while being lapped by the Audi's. Under the constant pressure of Neil I might have done once or twice an overtake that wasn't very nice for them. My apologies for that.

To have a break from the GP/GT circuits and because we love it so much, we going next week to the Nordschleife.
So no blue flags situations but enough opportunities for battles within the class.
Practice server will be up tonight.

Last edited:
What a shame, had a decent qualy and and a good race start following @HF2000 Han closely. Could overtake him for second position with push to pass on the straight. After that he made lots of pressure and it was close race between Hand, Neil and me which was good fun. Unfortunately after around 10 minutes I got several screen freezes and I went off. Sorry Paul for contact at about 10 minutes, this was result of screen freeze as well. After that I had a good fight with Ernie @Kek700 and Paul which was fun as well. Sorry Paul for pushing you wide later on that race, wasnt on purpose.
Later on more screen freezes so I retired. PC runs fine several hours and all of a sudden this ****in problems occur, actually only playin AC. Need to try several things and hope to get rid of that.
Despite the problems had good fun with very close and fair racing.
Congrats @Chris Down, Allan and thx @HF2000 for organizing another great event.
cu next time
No worries Thomas, I was having a battle trying to catch Colin while defending from Ernie at the time we caught you.
I guessed you were having CPU issues after the first knock ( I ended up on the F1 chicane with that contact) as when I was behind you later I could see that you were all over the place. But when you joined us it made for some very interesting racing particularly when the Mazda’s came into play.

I hope you can get your CPU sorted, thanks to Han for organizing, well done to the podium guys. and thanks to the Mazda guys for managing the 12 wheeler Audi train.
Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_barcelona_30-8-121-9-1-27[1819].jpg

A lesser performance than I was hoping for. @Douglas Aird I spun trying to pass you in T1, I had made it far enough up the inside of your car to make it a viable move but I caught to much of the inside curb trying to give as much space as I could. Straight to the back. @stigs2cousin I just couldn't pass you. I was a little faster but you have the better racecraft and clearly more experience, your defending was really good. I got frustrated and made a silly move that caused the little nudge, sorry about that! Eventually I worked out that good exit onto the main straight would be the only way to pass and finally made it work, you nearly caught me at the end though where I lost concentration a bit and slowed down a bit much for the Audis.

Last edited:
What i thought would be the closest racing yet in these little MX-5 beauties, sadly ended after the first corner:cry:..In qualifing i think there was only 1 1/2 tenths between myself,Axel and Andre..WOW..Had a great start in pole actually shouting at the Audis.,to get a move on :whistling::whistling:,clear up to the first corner then in my mirrors Axel and Andre were kissing.:redface:.erm i mean touching.:unsure:.Ohh god i mean coming together :cautious:,,oohh they crashed :roflmao::roflmao:..First corner syndrome struck again which was unfortunate,which left Doug upto 2nd..:thumbsup::thumbsup:..Once in my rhythm i started to pull away and found myself 10+ seconds leading,the Audi boys were great ,to say some were really having a battle,Han flew past but neil was that close up his ass :cautious::cautious: i never saw him as he whizzed past inches away...Then distraction saw me in the gravel which lost me roughly 7 secs so Andre was on it,my tyres starting to go off...Then.......... fuel gauge on red..............Crossed the line with .3 of a litre fuel left..:rolleyes::roflmao:...Another awesome nights race..Han you are the Man,till next time guys..Stay safe....................

A lesser performance than I was hoping for. @Douglas Aird I spun trying to pass you in T1, I had made it far enough up the inside of your car to make it a viable move but I caught to much of the inside curb trying to give as much space as I could. Straight to the back. @stigs2cousin I just couldn't pass you. I was a little faster but you have the better racecraft and clearly more experience, your defending was really good. I got frustrated and made a silly move that caused the little nudge, sorry about that! Eventually I worked out that good exit onto the main straight would be the only way to pass and finally made it work, you nearly caught me at the end though where I lost concentration a bit and slowed down a bit much for the Audis.
I'll need to check that part of the replay, I didn't realise that you had actually made a move there, hopefully I didn't cause your spin. If I did then apologies, I think we would have had a race long battle given our similar pace.

I'll need to check that part of the replay, I didn't realise that you had actually made a move there, hopefully I didn't cause your spin. If I did then apologies, I think we would have had a race long battle given our similar pace.
No, we didn't touch or anything, nothing to do with you, I managed that by myself . Yeah, I thought the same as I watched you all dissapear. Had some fun with Carsten though.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 399 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 269 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 258 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years