Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we visit the city of the Holy Family, better known as the Sagrada Familia, the famous cathedral of Antonio Gaudi. In other words: Barcelona, capital of Catalonia.

This time we use the Moto GP layout which has a long fast right-hand handler instead of the chicane at the end of the lap. That means you can take a lot more speed into the long straight from start/finish and therefore braking in T1 can be a challenge at what the maximum speed of your car will be.

So join us for another exciting race and:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Barcelona-Bike-2021.a4009a3e108e28ddcae739735d57e446.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from an Audi, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the Audi by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The Audi driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any Audi. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Barcelona Moto, Spain
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 30C air/41C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Is this only for premium members?
Yes. It's only 14,99 euro/year. This gives you access to a lot of content downloads on RaceDepartment (mods, setups, tools....) but also to two or three AC events a week, single or in a championship which are organized and hosted by a staff member to make sure that the racing is clean and respectful, following the guidelines and rules of the RD community. And that is very different from the public servers.

In the first post is a link where you can upgrade your account to premium. If you have done that, you can go to the link (also 1st post) to get the password that you can use to sign up for this event on S.GP (again link in 1st post).

Hope to see you on track!

BTW: if you do, please make sure you read our rules and register your real name in your account, account details, field Real Name.

The Good :

my working later was postponed to tomorrow :)

The Bad:

since I wouldn´t need my rig today I had it dismantled to change out the integrated monitor stand to a standalone.
Got it back together, then the monitor settings acted up, suddenly its 5750x1071 instead of 1080 (WTF)
Everything to the horizon looks like crap and gives you eyecancer. ( Jaggys everywhere)

The Ugly :

Now i can race but am completely stressed out...

Enjoyed that race. My best performance for a while.

Inherited 4th when Thomas when off ahead but I'll take any place I can :)

Some real pressure from Ernie at the end but glad to say we survived it without any incident.

Thanks, as ever, to Han for organising. I don't know where I'd race if this didn't exist!

Great race guys!

First my apologies to Axel. I tried to outbrake you but then came on the curb and bounced off.. sorry Axel

Later on managed to pass axel and gained at Allan who was thinking about his groceries for the next day... he made a mistake and we ended up within 3 secs from aech other.

Good race guys

After a couple of poor races tonight was a return to some form.

In qualifying I was sweating on the last lap as I didn't have a clean lap before that. Thankfully I pulled it out and jumped up to 4th, behind the AAA of Allan/Andre/Axel.

Got a decent start then inherited P2 when Andre and Allan had their coming together. Tim was close behind and faster in a couple of places. After a lap or so of taking defensive lines Tim had a spin behind me, not sure what happened.

Then I got my head down and tried to keep Allan honest, only losing a tenth or two per lap. Once the Audis started overtaking I lost a bit of time and suddenly I had to defend from Axel.

Managed for a lap or so but I went deep into Seat, got it stopped and heading to the apex but Axel was heading for the same spot and we collided. It cost Axel a little time and 8 seconds for me, getting out of the gravel. I think it was a racing incident, having watched the replay.

Andre got past while I recovered and I then tried to hold the gap to AAA ahead and Raul behind, which I managed to do for a P4 finish.

Happy with my race pace but more time to find, of course.

Congratulations to the podiums and thanks to Han for organising, I really enjoyed this one.

What a shame, had a decent qualy and and a good race start following @HF2000 Han closely. Could overtake him for second position with push to pass on the straight. After that he made lots of pressure and it was close race between Hand, Neil and me which was good fun. Unfortunately after around 10 minutes I got several screen freezes and I went off. Sorry Paul for contact at about 10 minutes, this was result of screen freeze as well. After that I had a good fight with Ernie @Kek700 and Paul which was fun as well. Sorry Paul for pushing you wide later on that race, wasnt on purpose.
Later on more screen freezes so I retired. PC runs fine several hours and all of a sudden this ****in problems occur, actually only playin AC. Need to try several things and hope to get rid of that.
Despite the problems had good fun with very close and fair racing.
Congrats @Chris Down, Allan and thx @HF2000 for organizing another great event.
cu next time

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%