AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ Barbagello, Wednesday 21st July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Of course I´ll chime in to the general sucking up to this nice group of fairminded racers ;)

Exactly the problem of poor driving standarts is what spoils the fun for me in the open lobbies.
As Colin says I´m by no means a talent and have to work hard to be a halfway decent driver. So if you put in the work and get taken out regurelarly it just creates frustration.

And in this group it´s not problem at all, we all do our best not to be "this guy" :thumbsup:

And regarding to equipment:

of course I´ve crossed the threshold of price to performance a while ago.
( I justify it with the fact that simracing has helped keep me sane in the last 1,5 years.)
But as a single male with a decent job and no dependants it´s my responsibility to help out the struggling economy:cool: ( and frankly i just diverted the car playing funds to the sim playing funds.)
For which the car just today has punished me, a few hours ago my clutch assembly blew. And only 130k km on it :mad:
So forget the new Asher wheel, a clutch assembly it will be. :cautious:

MFG Carsten

I've got a triple screen setup cobbled together with two extra monitors I could find around the house.
View attachment 490177
They are only 60hz so my frame rate is limited to 60fps. Seems ok. Does the extra frame rate look much better?
That's very similar to my setup. I have a 27 inch middle monitor and two 24 inch outers. They are also 60Hz. In AC I don't use vsync so that gets about 120fps. For me it's not so much about absolute fps but smoothness and avoiding glitches.

In ACC I have it locked to 80 fps and it's all good, although I have not tried night or rain driving yet.

interestingly, well I think it's interesting, raced colin Mcray Rallye on a PlayStation 1 with a hand controller.
I used to be very good at it, I played inside my head, got so immersed I was actually there driving the car.
Never, whatever the situation have I ever even got near that feeling of immersion.
Yes I know it is an age thing, long gone are the days when I picked up a pencil and it miraculously became a light sabre. Now it is just a bleeding pencil.
I have got to the stage in life where everything is just factual.:inlove:

My point, I really believe our equipment quality is meaningless, it is what is inside your head that really makes all the difference, be it a Logitech DFGT and kitchen stool, and a 1950's CRT TV; what makes you good at this malarky comes from your attachment to those little pixels and how your brain and body create's a reality from that.
Hope I have not wandered too much off-topic, I am prone to becoming bewildered of late.:roflmao::roflmao:
1424005094_9.jpg

You are right Ernie! It realy doesnt matter what Rig you have!

As Raul knows, my dream has allways been to compete in a racing class like the Clio Cup or something simular. But it seems it's never going to happen so my loving future wife said, "you have to do what you want to do to get the closest to this."

In our garden we were building a Photostudio and I took into calculation to build a seperate little section to make my "simulation room".

For me one thing is most important, I don't want to be distracted by anything while racing. No woblly pedals, cracking steeringwheel, smoking graphics card of overheating computer. So I got myself informed and bought and build my rack.

1111111.jpg

333333333.jpg

4444444444.jpg

And this is the Photostudio
5555555.jpg
6666666666666.jpg

7777777777777.jpg

Attachments

• 1111111.jpg
    1111111.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 44
  • 4444444444.jpg
    4444444444.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 51
You are right Ernie! It realy doesnt matter what Rig you have!

As Raul knows, my dream has allways been to compete in a racing class like the Clio Cup or something simular. But it seems it's never going to happen so my loving future wife said, "you have to do what you want to do to get the closest to this."

In our garden we were building a Photostudio and I took into calculation to build a seperate little section to make my "simulation room".

For me one thing is most important, I don't want to be distracted by anything while racing. No woblly pedals, cracking steeringwheel, smoking graphics card of overheating computer. So I got myself informed and bought and build my rack.

View attachment 490289

View attachment 490290
View attachment 490295

And this is the Photostudio
View attachment 490291View attachment 490292
View attachment 490293
That's more than very nice!!!! So jealous now...

I wrote a **** short story once comparing sim racing to the real world.

The short of it all :-
It ends up after 8 hours of racing in a le-man car, all the sounds and smells and the euphoria have long gone.
The high g force loads mean nothing, you now don’t even notice them.
Now you are just staring up the road, waiting for the next braking point, then looking for the apex.
Your gaze is not on anything now, except the small focus point in the centre part of the dirty screen.

At that point, is there that much difference to sim racing?

Ihave triple 24,s 60hz,tried VR but i get sea sick on a rowing boat so was no good to me,Thrustmaster RS500 which Denis Betty gave me,after my G27 died on me..V3 pedals with home made button boxes,GT Omega pro cockpit,Sparco Wheel,i like it,thinking of up grading screens,motherboard,gpu next....
Hopefully GPS will return to sensible prices soon. I am giving my old (but still good) rx580 to my nephew so he can build a gaming pc. If I didn't do that the whole build would be twice the price.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back