AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Barcelona City, Wed 11th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The day before Barcelona i was practicing on the rig in a pair of slippers. When i got out i had this horrendous pain travel from my left heal to the top of my leg with a focus on my calf muscle. Was not sure if i could race on the day.
!Warning! Cristal Ball diagnosis incoming :cautious:

Sounds to me like you had to overextend for to long, so I suggest to have a look at your pedal angles.
Best practice would be to sit in your rig with relaxed legs, no muscle tension needed to keep the feet in position 1mm over the pedal.
At WOT/full braking the ankles/knees should not overextend.

After a knee injury my left (braking) knee is very problematic with rotation, which I fixed by sliding brake and clutch to the left and keeping the leg straight with a kneepad at the left upright.
Now I can "drive" several hours without problems which I also attribute to my orthopedic seat.

On the question who age and prior neglect influence my ability to race I have only one word for you:

!LAWYER !

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
I also wonder how you can squeeze into an MX5 and drive comfortably :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
That´s actually way easier in the Cup than in a street car;)

I´m in a similiar fighting wheigt class as Allan, though "distributed differently":redface:

In the street version the roof pushes onto my head and the center console and the wheel pinch my leg.

The first two are missing in the Cup, the wheel is smaller and detachable which enables me to sqeeze into the containment seat.

MFG Carsten

I don't know how many of you watched Le Mans Virtual until the end. There is a lot of criticism going on (see below) especially with what Verstappen said after his team got disconnected from the server for a third time and lost laps before being able to rejoin. Team Redline decided to retire the car instead. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I noticed there's a thread on the RF2 forum about this, this was my reply there (sorry for the double post):

I enjoyed watching the race although it was a true shame (and a big lesson) that two server fails and other gremlins cast a shadow on an event that is supposed to be a very important hallmark in simracing. The fact that MSG holds an iron grip on the Le Mans franchise but fails to improve the platform where it runs it says a lot about their focus. I call it "monetizing nostalgia". Because rFactor 2 is a beloved sim but it's obvious it cannot hold up to the required hosting and broadcasting needs of a simracing event of this magnitude. There is a lot of noise about moving these events to iRacing, and that surely may be better with regards to netcode and broadcasting, but I believe we are too much in love with these ageing sim titles to realise we need a new platform that can hold up to the needs of such events in the current age of streaming. And when I say needs I mean not just the stability of the netcode and enough cameras to provide commentators with material to talk about, but also a more free and participatory way to enjoy the race for those of us watching. An example of what I mean is the F1TV Pro app, it allows users to play about with all available input, from data to cameras. I don't have to wait for the broadcast to show me something, I can click somewhere and I get on screen what I want to see. Of course it can be done better (their UI is still cumbersome) but it is this kind of personalisation what takes the experience of watching a race (or any other event) further than the current 'old school' broadcast format. I would very much advise the guys at Rennsport to take notice and make this a priority, because simulating cars and tracks is not where the edge lies for new simracing titles anymore, IMHO. I believe the edge lies now on how good a title can get races organised and broadcasted, allowing viewers a degree of freedom in the way they can watch those events. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
An example of what I mean is the F1TV Pro app,
A bit funny to take F1TV as an example after I missed 3 races in 2021 due to streams not working :roflmao::poop:
Verstappen with 1 speak got many people fired . i dont have much respect in that . for me its more ok to say there is alot of things to change instead of saying fk this game dont buy it with big influence in that
Yeah agreed.. Although they had it coming with the same issues year after year after year :(

A bit funny to take F1TV as an example after I missed 3 races in 2021 due to streams not working :roflmao::poop:

Their streaming is certainly not perfect, I had several hiccups and a few disconnects at the beginning of the season, it got more stable with the following updates. It's more about the (still limited) freedom it gives me as a viewier, for example allowing two onboard cams next to each other to watch a duel. I was watching the end of the race on Jimmy's channel and he had a good point, when the top three LMP2 cars crossed the line race control behaved as it all was done and dusted, meanwhile the GT cars (Jimmy's team among them) were still racing... I would have liked to switch to those cars instead of watching LMP2 burnouts.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%