AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Road America, Wed 24th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hank,

We have now once a month the Track of the Month that will be chosen by you (the participant) by voting. Is that enough for you or do you rather have every other week a classic track?
I know about the voting. I think that's good. As Carsten mentioned it takes time to learn a new track. That's sometimes too much for me.

My suggestion would be to alternate every two weeks. classic / new / classic / new.....

I'm not aging well. I know I am a midfielder regarding yearly laps around the sun in our little racing club but man, last night's race got me knackered... after 4 weeks away from the rig and zero practice ahead of the event one race was enough to show my lack of simracing fitness. :( Today I struggled the whole day with energy and concentration. But it was a fun race so my complaints will stop there.

It was great fun to race with y'all again. :) I managed to compensate for the lack of weekend practice by watching other's onboards the first 15 min. of practice time. That was enough to recall the racing line, braking points and gear shifts, as I got myself on track for some rubber time... I managed to reach a pace that was consistent and had a decent qualifying in the midfield. Followed with a solid start and it looked like a good lap 1 until someone else's incident I could not dodge put me on the back foot, literally. A recovery race followed and I managed several passes on track through the length of the race. I witnessed a few good scraps around me (Robert and Andre provided more fun than F1's race at Baku, until I had to pit) and had a few battles of my own so it was a fun race overall. The last laps were a bit lonely after I had a little off-road adventure trying to get my place back from Thomas and lost sight of him, but I was pleased I reached a consistent pace again after a month away. I am happy to be back and will surely put more time into practice for next wednesday's race throughout the weekend. :thumbsup:

Thanks for organising Han and a big congrats to the winners and podium finishers... it was great to have so many new names on the grid, you guys did great and hope you stick around and become regulars. :coffee: I'll see you lot in Aruba... hopefully our pings will hold better on that race. :D

Last edited:
Hank,

We have now once a month the Track of the Month that will be chosen by you (the participant) by voting. Is that enough for you or do you rather have every other week a classic track?
Tough job for you Han:( ...a classic is (likely) different to each of us, so how can you do 'the classics'?:unsure:; I could (would, lol) say Sebring, another's could be Spa, Brands,.... and on and on.

Run the events as Bernie Ecclestone would; 'no committees here' :roflmao: (jk ! )

hi all;
yeah, what can i say that was a hell of a race. loved the track, has such a great flow. great to see a nice full grid too.

incredible that everyone here just keeps getting faster all the time. even the so-called 'rookies' were flying out there. congrats guys, nice driving. competition is getting real ;-0

lacking natural talent, and being still relatively new to simracing, i find i have to make up for it with practice. unfortunately, i just don't have the amount of time needed for practice just to keep up with the back of the pack! i'll keep at it though, and try to participate as opportunity allows.
i do enjoy the battles with that yellow miata driven by my amigo Jose though and you had a hell of a pace going yesterday. as per my usual strategy (which is still not working, and i should abandon) was trailing at the back, waiting for Ricardo, Jose or Aleks (Raul was nice enough to drop through for a visit for a couple of laps) to make a mistake since you guys were all racing together quite closely. there was warping going on all over the place so i was convinced you guys were gonna take each other out. alas, when i was finally able to get around Jose, try as i may, i just wasn't able to shake him off my tail. in the meantime, i saw him glitching back and forth and getting very close to me. started feeling nervous, and surely enough, felt a bump and got spun off the track. it happens i suppose, and it was all good fun while it lasted.

after that, lost the rythm and a bungled pit stop (overshot the stop slightly), was the last nail that sent me to the back of the pack... oh well, try to dust myself off and give it another go.
keep on rolling!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back