AC Multiclass Abarth 500/Mazda MX5@SVEG Raceway, Wed 23rd November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Interesting what Han said about the wall, I was thinking after my first off.
I could see the problem rearing its ugly head, but for some “bizarre” reason my foot did not want to lift.
My brain was saying you can make it, take the gamble, even though obviously I could not.
All I needed was a tap on the brakes?

It was just like I was tempting fate, for that “buzz” of just getting one over on fate. ( obvious bleeding fate was on to a certainty )
Then you spin, leaving you with that sinking feeling of, stupid idiot, you just had to tap the brakes.
Then it is all compounded by every man and his dog sailing past.
:(
Will I ever learn, NO, I will repeat it again.
I feel it is a criticism, but it is just a story of the human race since, “ ever “, never learning from the past. So perhaps it is just that I have to accept, being a stupid human, I am not alone, irrespective of intellectual status.

Went all serious at the end, just looked at world affairs before writing this.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That was a a great car and track combo. Sadly, I hadn't had time to practice and while I was okay on pace, I didn't have the consistency to stay involved in the battles.

After a great start where I was ducking and diving to make up places, I managed to spin at the S-bend and had to wait for everyone to go past before being able to rejoin safely. Callum had a similar issue at the last corner but he was faster and able to catch the pack up.

Driving round on my own for a bit I pitted early and it become clear the race for 'not last' was between Colin and myself. With clear air I gained about a second per lap and came out just ahead of Colin, who seemed to be having similar issues to me.

So great car and track combination but my lack of consistency meant it was a bit of a quiet one at the back.

Last edited:
Yup David, comfortably won the wooden spoon for this race.

Not had much time to practice and a scrappy race was inevitable. Able to get into the 3:13s - but no consistency. Had a good dice with Thomas for a while so I still had some fun - in spite of the reducing apex corner that I couldn't get right :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back