Resource icon

Apps Multi Function Display for assetto corsa 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
DontCodeAndDrive submitted a new resource:

Multi Function Display for assetto corsa - On screen app for in-car management using only d-pad

Hi all, this is my first app and it is still in development. This app is a basic version of a multi-functional display similar to the one in ACC or the blackbox in iRacing.

The app works by navigating up and down to menu with your dpad and clicking left/right will trigger key to be press.

IMPORTANT: You will need to bind the control to your keyboard and/or change the keybinding.py file. I have provided some screenshot of the default configuration. For now I have hardcoded...

Read more about this resource...

Instructions clear but still you might want to mark the "high/low beams" too, I didn't skipped it but someone surely will :D

Also I'm not alone.. You are the only person I ever seen that bind horn to LS other than me lol

haven't tried it yet but wilco in 5 mins ^^

ah also, I checked the codes a bit; can you able to bind handbrake and clutch as a axis on xb1 controllers?

Last edited:
Instructions clear but still you might want to mark the "high/low beams" too, I didn't skipped it but someone surely will :D

Also I'm not alone.. You are the only person I ever seen that bind horn to LS other than me lol

haven't tried it yet but wilco in 5 mins ^^

ah also, I checked the codes a bit; can you able to bind handbrake and clutch as a axis on xb1 controllers?
Nice catch, forgot about the high low beams in my pic. Ya, I don't know why I binded my horn to that, I think I was messing around with my friends :D

I think you already can bind the axis to handbrake and clutch on xb1 controller. In content manager if you change your input method to wheel, the option should be available under the Axis section
2R80D8UfDC.png

Last edited:
I accidentally press the LS while aggresively entering corners and if there is anyone else is there too usually that scare the **** out of them lol (they are my friends and those are not races)

I know and using that right now, trying to adapting to be honest. But the lack of rumble vibrations are kinda I don't know feels deadish for me as no reply if I'm on the edge of spinning or not.

Also I use this; definitely you should try; https://github.com/araghon007/X1nput/

Alright, that's good to know. I personally didn't felt the need for an analog clutch/handbrake and always just use buttons anyway. I think for the app per say I won't (for the near future anyway) implement that since it was for "in-car management" stuff and I don't think clutch/handbrake fits that.

Hi, for some reasons this apps causes me massives drops in framerate. I don't know how this could be possibile, but with the app installed I get 20/30 fps, while if I remove the app from the AC folder I run smoothly at 110/120 fps. It's really strange, any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hello, I've fully setup the MFD and its on my screen but my d-pad doesn't go around inside the menu. Nothing that I've tried works and it just sits there. I do not have my d-pad binded to any other use in the game.

DontCodeAndDrive updated Multi Function Display for assetto corsa with a new update entry:

V2.0: Better performance

Hello,

Haven't played AC for a while. Finally got back to it and made a few fixes to the app. Messed up the threading in the past and it resulted in massive fps drop. Move the key pressed logic to another thread so things should run better now.

The app stills assume that you have to use the d-pad. At some point, I'll probably add a menu or something to customize controls...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years