Multi-Class Series Final Standings & The Future

MCS R0.png

After four rounds of hard racing the Multi-Class series is at an end! There were four drivers in contention for the P2 class going into the final round, but with a clinical display PurgerUK won the race and with it the P2 championship. In the GTR 3 class it was a race for "best of the rest", as the championship win had already been sealed with a dominant campaign by KO41. A hearty congratulations to our class winners!

And very well done to all who took part in the series over the last few weeks! There was excellent racing in every round and the series would not have been a success without all of you. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and are looking forward to our next little series, but more information on that below. First up, the results!

FinalStandings.png

The Future

As you can see, there is a poll attached to this thread for the class you would like to see in the next R3E series. I have deliberately limited the choices because leaving it totally open would result in twenty suggested classes with one vote each! I have tried to select classes with a proven record of providing close, competitive racing in our regular club events. You can vote for as many classes as you like, and your vote can be changed at any time.

Remember that each series is only four races long, so even if your favourite class isn't in the mix this time, it may very well be next time! Please also remember that these series can only be a success with the support of our drivers, so it would be great to get as many people involved as we possibly can!

The poll will remain open for a week or so. During that time we'll have a regular club event or two while I await the results and do the planning. Then it'll be back to the action, and I hope to see you all on the grid when the time comes! :cool:

Interesting! I'm quite happy to see an open-wheeler leading the vote at the moment. And the FR 3 too... fairly forgiving under the limit, close racing guaranteed. But the vote is not over yet! ;)

This was definitely a good thing. Having points to fight for certainly gave it a better feeling, even though I didn't quite enjoy the car I was driving. But I stick to it as it gave me the feel of actually being in a championship, instead of switching to a car that was better for the specific track.

Everyone has a say, hence the public vote. People can even suggest classes for future series with their reasons in this thread if they want to, and all will be considered. But for this series the options are the four in the vote.

But why no GTR3 option?
Did you check out the previous series that ended on Saturday? We literally just used the GTR 3s and I have little interest in repeatedly using the same class again and again. One of R3Es main strengths is it's wealth of content, and variety is the spice of life. GTR 3s will no doubt come around again given their popularity, but we should give some other classes a chance to shine too. :)

I’m desperate to find some decent clean racing and I’ll put the hours in on practice to ensure I’m not a liability !
Well, you'll definitely find that in the R3E club. Also, nobody is a liability and all ability levels are more than welcome. You can put all the hours in you like but the best racing practice you can get is... to race! That's what our clubs are all about, a relaxed and friendly place to learn your racecraft and have some fun. :thumbsup:

... I’m desperate to find some decent clean racing and I’ll put the hours in on practice to ensure I’m not a liability !
So I’ve voted
@groove200 , I've raced in the EU club event a few times and regularly in the US club events. I am always a lap or two (usually two :() down but it is always great fun. Even though I am way out-classed I've never felt that I wasn't welcome to race with the group. It's a great environment to increase your racing experience.

Cheers guys ..... I main iRacing , although only running the BMW GTE M8 series currently in D Class , sitting 40th in my div of 1500 or so , so im not a racing noob per se , I’ve still got a lot to learn But as much as love the racing when it’s good I also get equally annoyed at being penalised for others mistakes The handling model baffles me at times so I’m looking to branch out .... and RR has always been the one where I’ve thought proper racing would be epic . I’m a big fan of championships and leagues as they give me that pressure to practice and perform with a goal in mind , it’s what separates sim from game for me

Everyone has a say, hence the public vote. People can even suggest classes for future series with their reasons in this thread if they want to, and all will be considered. But for this series the options are the four in the vote.

Ok, no problem! :)

Did you check out the previous series that ended on Saturday? We literally just used the GTR 3s and I have little interest in repeatedly using the same class again and again. One of R3Es main strengths is it's wealth of content, and variety is the spice of life. GTR 3s will no doubt come around again given their popularity, but we should give some other classes a chance to shine too. :)

Yeah I saw that you were racing the GTR 3s in the previous series. Did not think it automatically disqualified the category to be used again, sorry. I see you point though.

Another thing, talking about variety, would it be possible to consider another weekday for the races?

Another thing, talking about variety, would it be possible to consider another weekday for the races?
Not at the moment, I'm afraid. We used to run three times per week but current numbers just don't justify more than one race now. Saturday was chosen because of the availability of the host (me), because it's a time when the most people are able to join in the EU, and because it allows for US drivers to join us as well. This is quite important as we do rely on our American friends to help keep the numbers up in our events.

Maybe with regular series like this we'll see an increase in interest and numbers, but we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed!

I can't help, but I think if my vote would have gone elsewhere if I knew the circuits. I feel I would look at the pros and cons of each combo. Do the FR 3s better than 50% on those tracks or does the GTR 4s etc. I suppose you could say you better be careful what you wish for. :roflmao:
Despite me thinking and knowing the circuits which would ultimately dictate the type of car used through the direction and common sense would influence the final verdict. As I know, it doesn't matter it's half the fun not knowing and making the best of what you get.
As it stands at the moment, the two front runners run pretty well on any track anyway so, so it's all good.

Last edited:
I think this voting thingy thing has gone on long enough now. There have been more votes then there is going to be drivers so, Let's call it. Not a lot of practice time for this one as it is... let's get this cracking let's go let's go let's go.
Either that or post the circuits, all of them.
Well, it might be worth holding out for the last one on the hope that Daytona will be available by that time, which would be cool.

I think this voting thingy thing has gone on long enough now. There have been more votes then there is going to be drivers so, Let's call it. Not a lot of practice time for this one as it is... let's get this cracking let's go let's go let's go.
There's ample practice time because this series is not going to start until the 16th earliest, probably more likely the 23rd. Everything will be announced at least a week before it begins. :thumbsup: I'll end the vote this Saturday, to give it a full week and ensure everyone has had a chance.

Surprisingly few suggestions for future series after the next one though. I can of course come up with the next list of potentials without any input, but it'd be good to get some idea of what people want to see as opposed to what I personally think would make a good series.

Surprisingly few suggestions for future series after the next one though. I can of course come up with the next list of potentials without any input, but it'd be good to get some idea of what people want to see as opposed to what I personally think would make a good series.

Was going to leave it to those with a bit more experience, but I do like the idea of trying open-wheelers at some point.

Maybe a 3-date series rather than 4, so that it doesn't take up too much space in the calendar for those who don't like it. But we could compromise (and make the format a bit more beginner-friendly) by having two 20 or 30-minute races, rather than a whole hour (no need to reverse the grid for Race 2 - it's just to give everyone who spun into T1 another bite of the apple :) ) - so it would be points from 6 races in total that would count to the championship.

Again - in terms of making it a bit more beginner-friendly perhaps (but also fun), we could go with short, fast tracks - 2.5k ish? I'm thinking courses like:

Zandvoort Club
RBR Spielberg National
Scandi Raceway South
Mantorp Park
Gellerasen GP etc

Maybe even Falkenberg or Hockenheimring Short?

Could do the FR-3s but even the Juniors could be OK? - they're free which would help as there might be tracks to buy for people. Hopefully a good dose of close fun racing? Anyway. Just ideas.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%