Multi-Class Series Final Standings & The Future

MCS R0.png

After four rounds of hard racing the Multi-Class series is at an end! There were four drivers in contention for the P2 class going into the final round, but with a clinical display PurgerUK won the race and with it the P2 championship. In the GTR 3 class it was a race for "best of the rest", as the championship win had already been sealed with a dominant campaign by KO41. A hearty congratulations to our class winners!

And very well done to all who took part in the series over the last few weeks! There was excellent racing in every round and the series would not have been a success without all of you. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and are looking forward to our next little series, but more information on that below. First up, the results!

FinalStandings.png

The Future

As you can see, there is a poll attached to this thread for the class you would like to see in the next R3E series. I have deliberately limited the choices because leaving it totally open would result in twenty suggested classes with one vote each! I have tried to select classes with a proven record of providing close, competitive racing in our regular club events. You can vote for as many classes as you like, and your vote can be changed at any time.

Remember that each series is only four races long, so even if your favourite class isn't in the mix this time, it may very well be next time! Please also remember that these series can only be a success with the support of our drivers, so it would be great to get as many people involved as we possibly can!

The poll will remain open for a week or so. During that time we'll have a regular club event or two while I await the results and do the planning. Then it'll be back to the action, and I hope to see you all on the grid when the time comes! :cool:

Like to see.
FR US Cup.
Road America.
Indianapolis GP.
Laguna Seca GP.
Daytona. If released by then. If not Salzburgring.

I do prefer an open-wheel car despite not being very popular. But I have suggested the FR US as I do believe are not used very often, and it would be nice to see it on the tracks I have mentioned. A very American theme but I do think an excellent combos like bread and butter.

GTR1
Salzburg ring.
Slovakia Ring.
Twin Ring Motegi. RC. Or Daytona if it's out by now.
Sonoma Raceway, Sprint.

As for the GTR 1 well they just drive well. So much fun to drive on any circuit. A right balance of cars where any one of them could be upfront. A friendly bunch of cars for the race rookies. But not the best, by any means.

Last edited:
I would also recommend a x2 wear...
To be honest, I'm not really a fan of introducing "artificial" fuel use or tyre wear. I don't like things which force people into driving differently than they normally would, playing to the strengths of some rather than others. We can use mandatory stops to introduce pit strategy if desired without affecting the actual on-track racing itself.

I do prefer an open-wheel car despite not being very popular.
That's the strange thing though. Whenever I run open-wheelers in the club, they get barely any sign-ups making them look decidedly unpopular. Yet in this poll they were leading from the outset and are now one vote behind the leading class. How does that work? :O_o:

How does that work? Well, having sat in a car and driven a single-seater car and I must say it's one of the finest and strangest driving experience I've ever had on a track day I've ever had. Why some people are scared to push them even in a sim is beyond me. Ok scared is probably not the right term, it's perhaps chicken.
Once you've had a bucket, you just can't handle anymore. The ultimate racing car is sitting in the middle, four wheels at each corner. Plenty of grip goes like hell. One in a lifetime experience that should be repeated in any form, any shape as much as possible. Who would have thought driving a fast car in a sim would be so much a problem for so many Cluck Cluck Cluck drivers? :roflmao: Incidentally, I've seen a lot of cluckers in front-wheel-drive cars, which explains a lot.:laugh:

I think if you can somewhat master an open-wheel car. Let's say the FR 3, for Instance.
I mean Mark Webber did quite well. He and his teammates pretty much dominated FIA World Endurance Championships in 2014. With 14 podiums 8 or 9 of which were wins.
So to me, if you can get proficient in an open-wheeler, you going to be pretty damn good in anything else. Open wheelers are naturally grippy and teachers you a lot how to get it and how to get more.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back