RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as much fun as you'd expect.
Figured out that it wasn't my drivers that was causing the crashes, but my poor GPU was simply overheating.
So I took the subtle approach....And removed the side-cover on the PC. :D
Temps dropped 5 degrees, and stability ensued.

Now all I have to do is learn to relax a bit when the race starts so I don't spin out in the first few corners......:rolleyes:
Still, ended up having a nice little battle with LuckyLive.
Granted, it was for the glory of who'd come last, but hey....Racing is racing. ;)
Tons of fun, and work permitting I'll be back for a rematch Wednesday.

This race went up and down like a roller-coaster, both in my own frustration and the track it self (damn it is bumpy!). Start was meh, but got away and had some fair contact with a Lada, think it was @LuckyLIVE. Then started chasing @Paul Jeffrey but I had no chance, and got a penalty which in the first chicane. Then @Francis76 started catching me and we fought for the rest of the race. Also, sorry for that crash I caused, was a little too slow on the brakes and as you know, you cant steer these cars when you brake :p Also, you did a really late line swap in the same corner on the second to last lap, had to lock up and spun out. No big deal, just wanted to point that out ;) But the one thing that made me extremely frustrated was the corner cutting. Here are 2 pictures, one in corner #2 and one in the second first chicane.
01QRAoq.jpg

This gave me a 3.5 second penalty, truly unfair and unreasonable.
xsNiMf8.jpg

This gave me a 0.3 second peantly. How is that possible? This I gained way more than in the first picture, and I'm almost a cars width of track! Zolder really needs some update. I dont say i didnt cut, because I really did, but 3.5 seconds for a wheels width but 0.3 for a cars width? Now that ain't fair at all.

Anyways, great race, and don't forget to sign up for tomorrows race (92 Dtm and TC :D)

Classic track with these cars, however I cannot guarantee that I will be able to be present. If I am home in time, I will join, albeit more likely towards the end of the qualifying session...

@Francis76 I did see you but very late on. Your line was very shallow in to the corner and I gave you a car width but with your shallow entry you were washing out as my car was pointing in and through. Sorry that the contact sent you round but I had track position at the time and had already committed to the corner by the time that you were there.

Well that was a good run in the Chevy. First time in the car and honestly I think I will move to it fully in these 14' WTCC races as it suited me far more than even the Honda does.

Qualifying was painful. I was testing the track limits a lot and finding that most of the time my laps were invalid. I think I did 3 clean laps with my last one being just enough to see the pole away from @Matej Lakota.

Start was business as usual. Car barely moved and I was having to throw all kinds of block on Jan and @Paul Jeffrey at the start. The blocking paid off as I got the over under done on Jan straight away and held the fort through 2,3 and 4 down to the chicane. Jan stuck to me like glue for a lap or so but I popped in a low/mid 31 and started to pull out the gap, didn't really get to see how that would have panned out in the long run as Jan then got a 3 second penalty and the pressure was somewhat off. I didn't get any slow downs during the race. I knew from quali what the game deemed legal and when I saw everyone else suffering I drove at 9 tenths to make sure I didn't fall foul of any track limits violations. My wheel came slightly off of my desk at one point causing me to tap a wall and spin losing around 6 seconds, it left my gap to Jan at 11 seconds which yo-yo'ed out to just over 12 by the end.

Shame to see all the penalties for the cutting. I'll say to start that even skipping the chicane you wouldn't gain 3 seconds and in that regard the penalties were far too harsh. That said it was possible not to get any by staying on the track and playing it a little safer. Tip for the future : use practice and qualifying to test the boundaries of the track at each corner and complex as it is not a uniform thing in R3E. That track knowledge will be invaluable when looking to improve on your consistency in a racing situation.

See you all next time out,

Oscar.

Very true said @Oscar Hardwick, not many more to add.
In advance you was the benchmark today and fastest driver out there, that's a fact. Thumbs up for it!
As you mentioned the track limits in Zolder are difficult to estimate, got 2 huge slow downs in turn 1 for a "max" thousands advantage in the amount of 7s but the joke is that in reality it costs you more than these 7s because you lost completely your speed. Anyway for sure the second mistake was stupid but okay, we'll see what the devs can do for the future.
Had a nice chase at @Paul Jeffrey, you pushed me to absolut limit to reduce the gap. During this I overdo it a bit with my tyres but anyway you did unfortunately got aswell a stupid slow down that destroyed our announced fight. Also a big praise for your performance.

At the end I'm not so unsatisfied expect my penalties because the speed was for only 8m practice really decent but for a better setup and flow you need easily more time to practice.
Was aswell really hard to jump instantly from Virtual DTM Cup race straight into a WTCC car, because these adaptation needs always time.
Anyway was good fun this evening and see you soon back on track.

Greetings from Germany
Jan

Haven't driven at this track before so was still learning at the end of quali.

Didn't manage a lap without penalty in qualifying mostly because I was trying to find the limit too quickly! :roflmao:

Race went ok, like others on here I picked up about three of four large time penalties on the first two laps which hurt me badly, anyway managed to make my way through the field and a respectable finish.

I was catching those in front of me towards the end so I at least know my pace is ok.

Sorry for the bit of contact with @LuckyLIVE I was on the inside of turn one, outside of turn two and we barely made contact, but being front wheel drive the Lada got into a slide. Sorry matey, not my style just ran out of race track on the outside line.

Well done to the podium :thumbsup:

... Still, ended up having a nice little battle with LuckyLive. Granted, it was for the glory of who'd come last, but hey....Racing is racing ...

The battle was nice, intense and fair but what could have happened if there was no "meet & greet" with P2 ... ;)

... Start was meh, but got away and had some fair contact with a Lada, think it was @LuckyLIVE ...

Don't worry, everything is allright ... that is racing ... and I like it.

... Sorry for the bit of contact with @LuckyLIVE I was on the inside of turn one, outside of turn two and we barely made contact, but being front wheel drive the Lada got into a slide. Sorry matey, not my style just ran out of race track on the outside line ...

All good ... there was some kind of a concentration fail on my side s well because you pushed it really hard on me ... but that's OK ... :D

Last but not least I have to thank you all for an evening of great entertainment and I like to present you the linkt to my recorded livestream ... just the first minutes of our race because of a nice start ... the rest is history and just me driving slowly ... :D ... so just a short sequence ...

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/639996

Have fun ... see you next time ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back