AC Multi Brand Road Cars @ Imola Mon 9 Jun 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
15 mins left in booking.

Hope you can make it in time Saleem, I had to reset the server because it said there was 60 mins booking, and change the track to Imola.

Great race guys - I had a blast racing with Michael Hornbuckle for the first seven laps until I lost the back-end coming out of the last chicane. I would have rather been passed and been able to continue the battle but, Michael was a little quicker and more consistent. Pushing hard to try and catch up meant more mistakes on my part.

It was really fun listening to all the chatter and laughter as well - makes it hard to concentrate without having to stop and roll around on the floor for a bit - loved it! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry Ryano had to drop out although, totally understandable. We'll get 'em next time. :)

I apologize to all those I collected with my goofs...
I'm still not quite used to racing with other people around. I tend to get into a part of the track I am not used to and end up goofing up.

Things to work on:
1) hitting the throttle while fully on the astroturf is not good
2) Even at low speed, a tap of the brakes with that roadster without moving straight will send you into a spin.
3) don't downshift in a turn.

That roadster is really fun. I need to work in tyre pressure/camber/toe for that car because it is really oversteery. Had the one delta apps going, and somehow I was able to correct twice on the same lap the back stepping out. After the second step out, I was like 1.5s faster than my better time. I had turned something that could have been bad into a nice power slide. Now if I could do that on purpose when needed :) Unfortunately I ruined that lap at that downhill turn at the end where it seems to be impossible to find the right brake point.

I apologize to all those I collected with my goofs...
I'm still not quite used to racing with other people around. I tend to get into a part of the track I am not used to and end up goofing up.

Things to work on:
1) hitting the throttle while fully on the astroturf is not good
2) Even at low speed, a tap of the brakes with that roadster without moving straight will send you into a spin.
3) don't downshift in a turn.

That roadster is really fun. I need to work in tyre pressure/camber/toe for that car because it is really oversteery. Had the one delta apps going, and somehow I was able to correct twice on the same lap the back stepping out. After the second step out, I was like 1.5s faster than my better time. I had turned something that could have been bad into a nice power slide. Now if I could do that on purpose when needed :) Unfortunately I ruined that lap at that downhill turn at the end where it seems to be impossible to find the right brake point.
I find the Roadster to be a bit unstable under braking so I try to do the majority of the braking early while in a straight line. Slowing in curves is done with very light braking or only conservative engine-braking. I think this is made easier with a good set of pedals too.

Yea, I kept late braking or downshifting too late and was trying to wrestle the car into the turn and failed. Need to learn there are times where the 5s penalty is better than spinning out and facing the wrong way :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%