Mudrunner American Wilds

I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion here. I personally believe they should have focused on expanding the Russian theme instead of trying to catch ATS buyers. That is what made Spintires so great, an original concept and setting compared to all the other driving simulation games. Plus there are a lot of promised things that still didn't make it into the game, like tracked vehicles which are still not officially supported, and with a new game coming next year it seems like they will never be.

As far i remember, American Wilds were annunced before Oregon (and its wood chain industry). More than tracks, a 64bit version of the game should be a better update. But who knows, maybe we'll got all those things (and a bit more power on trucks) with Mudrunner 2.
The american community is the second market buyer of Mudrunner, both dev and publisher were more focus logically on this target (most of recon cars are american). American trucks aren't made for off-road, but they go more often than you think in reality (even a lot more in Australia) on really dangerous tracks.
Second, russian industries doesn't give official licenses, on that side is more restricted. Spintires got the right truck fender grill, Mudrunner got the fictional ones. So that's why we got Murica and not Mother Russia.

Second, russian industries doesn't give official licenses, on that side is more restricted. Spintires got the right truck fender grill, Mudrunner got the fictional ones. So that's why we got Murica and not Mother Russia.
The Oshkosh HEMTT, the vehicle I'm talking about, is not Russian, but an American military truck, and the western modern counterpart of vehicles like the D535. It's the kind of vehicle that would have fitted this DLC perfectly, even if they didn't go for a licensed version. There are a couple of vehicles in this new DLC that aren't licensed, I think.

I'm just glad it ended up a DLC afterall. There were talks of making this standalone for awhile wasn't there? I won't be diving right in as I don't have it installed at the moment, but I very much look forward to the extra content next time I feel like getting dirty. SpinTires has been a unique ride through the years in more ways than one.

The Oshkosh HEMTT, the vehicle I'm talking about, is not Russian, but an American military truck, and the western modern counterpart of vehicles like the D535. It's the kind of vehicle that would have fitted this DLC perfectly, even if they didn't go for a licensed version. There are a couple of vehicles in this new DLC that aren't licensed, I think.

where i said Oshkosh is russian? i cut that part from the quote exactly for that.
Second, i have no clue about logging usage of HEMTT, i saw some M911 on logging places, but it's more common see a 6x4 longhaul than Oshkosh veichles. Here explained why we have them instead of HEMTT. Don't take it bad.

My only mistake was not edit "most of recon cars are american" into "most of recon MOD cars are american"

Honestly tho, I don't think this DLC is worth buying, at least for the sake of content. There are countless good jeeps in the workshop already, and a lot of great trailing maps. They've made some new buildings and a bridge, but the foliage is the same Russian-alike. There is even desert canyons for original Mudrunner in the workshop, including the Moab. I'll buy it for supporting the devs tho.

Did you just answer your own question...... and in the process sell to yourself....?

do this all the time!

Did you just answer your own question...... and in the process sell to yourself....?
I just don't have victim mentality.
There is a lot of sh** being thrown at these devs, and at devs generally nowadays, people portray them like greedy evil yet still play the titles and demand more.
Im glad to support people who do what i like.

The last time i played spintires mr, i transported logs. There were 3 shitty routes. And with the finish in sight i got stuck. No way to winch myself out. So i setup a rescue mission. with another truck full of logs, That would complete the mission. During my rescue the second truck fell sideways and got...stuck..right. That was about when my joypad learned how to fly and i closed the game, never to be touched again.
So i pass this DLC:whistling:

I love this game so much. I love how you can set off and it organically develops into an event...

For example i took the land rover out to explore a mod map, ended up rolling down into a bog whilst trying to get a watchpoint....
so go back to another mod jeep and set out to go winch that puppy out of there...

Hour later i have finally got the land rover out onto dry land....

It should not be fun...but i bloody well is!
It looks amazing too, some angles and lighting it is simply amazing just to look at your truck going over stuff... and the water effects!!
The mods are out of this world too.
I wish RD had a section for this great fun sandbox game.
You literally make your own game each time...
It's a thinking gamers games.. not a 'go here' 'do that' 'you can't do that' 'win this' 'open this'....

https://steamcommunity.com/games/675010/announcements/detail/1637531887530632743

Hello MudRunners!

Rev-up your nostalgia with MudRunner: Old-timers, the latest free DLC pack for the world’s ultimate off-road experience. This is Mudrunner’s third free DLC, and we can’t wait for you all to get your wheels dirty with a new map, new vehicles, and brand new add-ons!

Old-timers releases today for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch players everywhere. Two vintage vehicles, one with two unique new add-ons, combine with the new Rocky Hills map to give you new reasons to jump back into MudRunner.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/675010/announcements/detail/1610511561977222920

wLYsudU.jpg

MudRunner Patch 07/08/2019

• Fixed a sound-related crash
  • GMC DW950 now has its own unique cistern addon
  • 2 new vehicle parameters exposed via XML for modders, both in "Motor" section:
  • EngineResponsiveness (defaults to 0.04), controls how fast the vehicle accelerates in response to user input.
  • ClutchDelay (defaults to 0.1), idle engine time after changing gears in automatic gearbox mode.
  • Random addons don't spawn for vehicles in proving grounds
  • "RELOAD" in proving grounds now updates textures the same way as "UPDATE"
  • Minor legacy camera position fixes

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years