Mudrunner American Wilds

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A brand new expansion pack to the impressive Spintires: Mudrunner has been release to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today.

A brand new DLC map expansion for the curiously engaging Spintires Mudrunner has landed today on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Adding a substantial array of new content to the off road driving simulation (think American Truck Sim but in loads of mud), the American Wilds DLC brings to the title no less than nine new vehicles for players to enjoy from big name licenced manufacturers, and most certainly breathes new life into what is a very well put together and challenging driving simulation.

As well as new trucks, the latest DLC also adds two large map areas based on the areas of Montana and North Dakota in the United States, offering up a variety of difficult off and on road situations in which to traverse whilst delivering the various cargo loads within the game.

According to developers Focus Home Interactive, the new DLC will offer players the opportunity to "overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers, and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine. With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills, go solo or join up to three others in the coop multiplayer".

Although initially releasing to Xbox One, PS4 and PC today, Nintendo Switch players will have to wait until November 27th to get their hands on the new content.

Spintires Mudrunner American Wilds DLC 1.jpg
Spintires Mudrunner American Wilds DLC 3.jpg

American Wilds, the new map expansion for Spintires Mudrunner is available now on Steam for £8.49.

Spintires Mudrunner American Wilds DLC 2.jpg
Spintires Mudrunner American Wilds DLC 4.jpg

To find out more about the many varied racing and driving games available today, head over to our Other Racing Games sub forum, have a browse and get yourself involved in the conversation!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Are you enjoying playing Spintires Mudrunner? Do you like this sort of game? Will you be purchasing this latest DLC? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Been a while since I played this title, may havee to fire it up.

Does it support vr?

DLC looks good.....but how do release an "american" themed offroad dlc and not include the greatest offroad capable production vehicle ever made.......the Jeep Wrangler? :)

DLC looks good.....but how do release an "american" themed offroad dlc and not include the greatest offroad capable production vehicle ever made.......the Jeep Wrangler? :)
Yeah, I really would have expected a Jeep or 3.
A F-150 Raptor would be fun too.... :whistling:

So I don't own the base game yet. It has been on my Steam wishlist forever, but until now I've just never quite been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on a purchase.

Yeah, I really would have expected a Jeep or 3.
A F-150 Raptor would be fun too.... :whistling:

So I don't own the base game yet. It has been on my Steam wishlist forever, but until now I've just never quite been able to convince myself to pull the trigger on a purchase.

^ ditto - had my eye on Spintires forever. Too many fun sims to play...

There are countless Wranglers in the workshop. Also Chevys, Fords, Dodges...
Initial Spintires has become amazing jeeping/trailing sim, especially with mod called SpinTires Plus, which improved the physics a lot.
Not all the amazing content was moved over Mudrunner, but take a look at Spun's and Nix's vehicles, they never let down.
The Virginia trail map is something else.

There are countless Wranglers in the workshop. Also Chevys, Fords, Dodges...
Initial Spintires has become amazing jeeping/trailing sim, especially with mod called SpinTires Plus, which improved the physics a lot.
Not all the amazing content was moved over Mudrunner, but take a look at Spun's and Nix's vehicles, they never let down.
The Virginia trail map is something else.

Good to know, thanks!!

Sorry for high jacking the thread but has any offroad simmers tried this title Pure Rock Crawling on steam?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/824720/Pure_Rock_Crawling/

Looks interesting but the opposite of mud lol

I haven't tried it sorry, and my SpinTires experience is very limited. The jeeping/trail/crawling format suits me more than logging missions, because of limited time. There are a lot of rock crawling maps for Spintires/Mudrunner, and that Virginia map I've mentioned is also very hardcore rock crawling map. I like ST/Mudrunner because it feels more raw and true to life, like you are really stuck in the wilderness. Original ST with STPlus was a great experience, the Mudrunner has improved cockpit view (still no working gauges), and the physics became a little better, something in between vanilla ST and STPlus. There is a STPlus for Mudrunner as well, but I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Ergh... I hate this game. And not because the game itself, it's really well made technically, but because of the awful camera angles and FOV. I always end up feeling sick after playing it.

Damn, I thought this game was all about the trucks.

If I knew it was a 4WD sim I would have bought it on release....

I got the original spintires for £2 and thought it was utttterly flawed but utterly brilliant, then i found the mods....
Then saw that as an owner of spintires you could the mudrunner for a discount....so got that for £7.99....... so far so good....
This DLC.... well for sure its a buy for me, absolute bargain this game for the hours it gives back in entertainment.

Honestly tho, I don't think this DLC is worth buying, at least for the sake of content. There are countless good jeeps in the workshop already, and a lot of great trailing maps. They've made some new buildings and a bridge, but the foliage is the same Russian-alike. There is even desert canyons for original Mudrunner in the workshop, including the Moab. I'll buy it for supporting the devs tho.

I think I saw this game a year ago, or was it another title... But I always asked in the videos I saw if there's cockpit view but no one answers me. May I ask here if this title has cockpit view? And playable with a wheel? Slow technical stuff seems also interesting if only I can drive inside the vehicle. Anyone has this title?

I think I saw this game a year ago, or was it another title... But I always asked in the videos I saw if there's cockpit view but no one answers me. May I ask here if this title has cockpit view? And playable with a wheel? Slow technical stuff seems also interesting if only I can drive inside the vehicle. Anyone has this title?
Cockpit view and wheel support (works fine with my Fanatec CSL + TM shifter) is included.

I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion here. I personally believe they should have focused on expanding the Russian theme instead of trying to catch ATS buyers. That is what made Spintires so great, an original concept and setting compared to all the other driving simulation games. Plus there are a lot of promised things that still didn't make it into the game, like tracked vehicles which are still not officially supported, and with a new game coming next year it seems like they will never be. Some of these American trucks aren't designed for off-roading, and even their descriptions tell you they are not suited for that. What's the point, then? Where's the Oshkosh HEMTT? Don't get me wrong, I love Spintires, one of my favourite indie games, but I wish the devs knew better.

I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion here. I personally believe they should have focused on expanding the Russian theme instead of trying to catch ATS buyers. That is what made Spintires so great, an original concept and setting compared to all the other driving simulation games. Plus there are a lot of promised things that still didn't make it into the game, like tracked vehicles which are still not officially supported, and with a new game coming next year it seems like they will never be. Some of these American trucks aren't designed for off-roading, and even their descriptions tell you they are not suited for that. What's the point, then? Where's the Oshkosh HEMTT? Don't get me wrong, I love Spintires, one of my favourite indie games, but I wish the devs knew better.
Well, the developement path of Spintires has been really weird; they broke up with one publisher, then found another publisher (hence the re-release with Mudrunner name). Seems the devs are really pushing for console market, and for American audience. But in my opinion the way they do that has too much compromise - they'd probably best go to 2 directions - Russian trucks and tractors, so the missions, and American 4x4's, with more trail and offroading-related theme, not logging missions. This is basically the two main directions of the title's audience. Instead they do something in the middle, which is quite not here not there for both camps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back