PC1 Msportdans REDONE FFB set T300.

Msportdan

@Simberia
okay, my final stab at this I swear. This was tested on a t300. So thrustmaster wheels may be okay. Im sure it will translate well on other wheels. I tested this with the fgulf at snetterton (5 hours this afternoon). Since my recent experience in a similar openwheeler in real life, I have tried best to translate my feelings into this set. I also tested other cars namely the stock (for its sluggish handling) and the formula 1. So as you can see ive tried both ends of the spectrum regarding car handling. I cant get the road bumps without basically losing all feeling of tyres, so sorry guys, this is for your tyres only.

This is one setting for all cars. But you can tweak car masters for overall strength (as examples shown). You can let me know how this feels on different cars, and maybe post with your own tweaks. This has in my experience stopped clipping too. Also has stopped the aggressive force in slower hard corners.

TM Wheel Profiler (gain constant etc etc)
100/100/100/0/0/game centre wheel.

Wheel Config PCARS
Deadzones> 0
Sensitivity> Defaults
Damper Sat> 0
FFB> 100

Wheel FFB PCARS
Defaults apart from the below
Tyre Force> 90

Car FFB PCARS

Master scale> 100 >fgulf 40 >F1 50>stock car (examples)
Fx> 20
Fy> 10
Fz> 26
Mz> 28
Smoothing> all 0
Arm angle> 2200

Body Scale> 0
Body Long> 0
Body stiffness> 100
Body Damping> 0

SoP Scale> 0
Sop Lateral> 0
Sop Differential> 0
Sop Damping> 0

Just to add, everyone check steering lock on all cars. Most are well to slow or fast then they're real life prefered setup.
I use 540deg
>Road cars or older protos 19-23
>Open wheelers and lmps and track day cars 14-17

Good luck t300 owners!!!

dan

okay, my final stab at this I swear. This was tested on a t300. So thrustmaster wheels may be okay. Im sure it will translate well on other wheels. I tested this with the fgulf at snetterton (5 hours this afternoon). Since my recent experience in a similar openwheeler in real life, I have tried best to translate my feelings into this set. I also tested other cars namely the stock (for its sluggish handling) and the formula 1. So as you can see ive tried both ends of the spectrum regarding car handling. I cant get the road bumps without basically losing all feeling of tyres, so sorry guys, this is for your tyres only.

This is one setting for all cars. But you can tweak car masters for overall strength (as examples shown). You can let me know how this feels on different cars, and maybe post with your own tweaks. This has in my experience stopped clipping too. Also has stopped the aggressive force in slower hard corners.

TM Wheel Profiler (gain constant etc etc)
100/100/100/0/0/game centre wheel.

Wheel Config PCARS
Deadzones> 0
Sensitivity> Defaults
Damper Sat> 0
FFB> 100

Wheel FFB PCARS
Defaults apart from the below
Tyre Force> 90

Car FFB PCARS

Master scale> 100 >fgulf 40 >F1 50>stock car (examples)
Fx> 20
Fy> 10
Fz> 26
Mz> 28
Smoothing> all 0
Arm angle> 2200

Body Scale> 0
Body Long> 0
Body stiffness> 100
Body Damping> 0

SoP Scale> 0
Sop Lateral> 0
Sop Differential> 0
Sop Damping> 0

Just to add, everyone check steering lock on all cars. Most are well to slow or fast then they're real life prefered setup.
I use 540deg
>Road cars or older protos 19-23
>Open wheelers and lmps and track day cars 14-17

Good luck t300 owners!!!

dan
So I'm looking for steering lock...I can't find that. I see arm angle but that's it.

actually pcars is uninstalled now. between the online kiddie ai, the poxy ffb and the silly things you can do in these cars that you shouldn't beable! nothing like my real life experience, just cant be done!

please rename thread to

Msportdans IS DONE WITH FFB on his T300.

rant off!

I`ve learned to live with the FFB. At some point someone, somewhere, after many years of study and a Master`s in Engineering will discover the perfect settings. In the meantime I`ve decided it`s not that important. I`m quite happy to play RRE and Dirt:Rally with a controller, so all this FFB stuff just a smokescreen. AC is probably the best and Pcars the worst, but... I`ve been playing online, from about 16:30 until 02:00, just me and a friend in a dedicated server and it was a blast. Sure there were a couple of disconnects, and both of us lost our controllers a couple of times, but their servers are so easy to set up and get into, and the driving`s great. That Ariel Atom, with all assists off is like driving on ice, but fun. And isn`t that what it`s all about? It`s just a shame that the AI`s so poor, the sound is the worst by far out of it`s contemporaries, and that they`ve made the FFB so complicated...

actually pcars is uninstalled now. between the online kiddie ai, the poxy ffb and the silly things you can do in these cars that you shouldn't beable! nothing like my real life experience, just cant be done!

please rename thread to

Msportdans IS DONE WITH FFB on his T300.

rant off!

You'll be back. :laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 189 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%