Msportdans FFb and feel settings.

Msportdan

@Simberia
FEELING SETTINGS
osuyyd.jpg

Right first im not proposing that I know everything about ffb and physics. but having played this back to back with gsce for the last 1-2 weeks, I have a feel for both games and how they compare up.

Ive come up with a pack of settings (in game) that for me gets nearer to that GSce feel imo. Now I know some of you will disagree and that's cool its just a base for everyone and anyone to work off of.

Firstly I have a DFGT so I know that will be a main factor whether these settings will work for you. You never know try them and report back with adjustments made to your wheel, others could find this useful. I have just tried to heighten the feedback given through audible and feeling. I'm using 540 deg at 13-14 ratio dep on car.

try these...
t51wep.jpg

a9xto9.jpg

1gsmfr.jpg

to iterate this wont make RRe suddenly feel like Gsce in physics and realfeel, but may get nearer to that feeling.

Last edited:
I see why you think r3e is floaty.. turn that understeer down. I have mine and 33% and it feels just right. And shouldn't the steering ratio be 23-24 for 540 deg? I feel like the car doesn't want to turn any lower than that. I have the dtm cars at 28.

anything higher than 16 for me makes the car far too twitchy like playing fzero..

but as i said for me the car feel more realistic. stock settings with the numb ffb is not to my liking.

as someone said, taking a corner at high speed and there is not change in force its just one linear feedback coming through wheel..

I'm having a similar issue with the steering. I tried 540/23 (default) in the Cruze just now and the wheel was turning less than it does in an F1 car and throwing me off the track. I had to reduce it to around 540/12 to get some reasonable steering.

I was tempted to change it to 900/28 to try to get smooth steering, still may do that :O_o:

its very apparent when you test drive a car and cant adjust ratio the cars a twitchy mess, and reminds me unfortunately like shift where a slight corner will send you in a horrid power slide..

I'm having a similar issue with the steering. I tried 540/23 (default) in the Cruze just now and the wheel was turning less than it does in an F1 car and throwing me off the track. I had to reduce it to around 540/12 to get some reasonable steering.

I was tempted to change it to 900/28 to try to get smooth steering, still may do that :O_o:
What wheel do you have? I don't have this issue with the g27. I have the logitech profiler set to 900° and let the game choose the steering lock per car. Maybe that makes a difference. Also do you guys have speed sense steering turned up?

While 540/23 works for me on medium and high speed corners, I've definitely done a few 180s at Hockenheim T2 (the first hairpin), but even with lower steering ratios, the DTM cars, at least, really maintain high yaw angles.

Oddly enough, it reminds me a bit of Grid Autosport, and definitely contributes to the sensation that the cars are pivoting about a central axis, instead of turning with the front wheels (with power from the rear).

I really do enjoy DTM 2014, however, and I hope these settings tighten up the steering. I'm on a CSW, but hopefully that won't make a huge difference.

As an aside, I've solved my instantaneous lockups with a brake sensitivity decrease to 30%, but I feel a bit pathetic as that setting is likely provided for G27 pedals, and I'm running a hydraulic brake.

Whatever works I guess.

Henk

I also have issues with lockups at times. I found decreasing the brake sensitivity in car tends to fix it, but have had to resort to the overall in the profile before too.

It can be particularly bad with the WTCC Cruze which, for no apparent reason, pulls hard right under heavy braking on slopes. Mine never did that - even if I locked the wheels up, it slid forwards in a straight line! :O_o:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 162 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%