MSI 2070 Super Trio > 3070ti FE ???

Hi all,

So i recently upgraded my 2070super to a 3070ti Founders.

system
b550 tomohawk mb
AMD 3600 CPU with a noctua cooler.
16gb of 3200 Ram

After installing it I wasn't massively impressed with its performance temp wise or fps wise (was expecting to see better) with AC VR on a Quest 2, so started to dig deeper.

I've come across a few posts that suggests the CPU maybe the issue and that it could be my bottleneck, so I've now ordered a 5800x

However......... I've just installed one of my old fans to replace a noisy one, so while i was in there, i thought id stick the old 2070super back in, just for a comparison. What ive found is the 2070 super seems to hold a far more consistent frame rate and a higher one than the 3070ti. I even upped the cars on track from 10 (where i was still having issues with the ti) to 24, and the 2070 super still output a far more consistent frame rate than the ti.

Does this sound plausible? Can anyone explain why this could be?

I'd really like to try and get to the bottom of this, so as i can send the 3070ti back if the performance difference is really so little with regards to AC and VR, and obviously the CPU i have on orddwer may not be what i need either.

Cheers all :)

Hi all,

So i recently upgraded my 2070super to a 3070ti Founders.

system
b550 tomohawk mb
AMD 3600 CPU with a noctua cooler.
16gb of 3200 Ram

After installing it I wasn't massively impressed with its performance temp wise or fps wise (was expecting to see better) with AC VR on a Quest 2, so started to dig deeper.

I've come across a few posts that suggests the CPU maybe the issue and that it could be my bottleneck, so I've now ordered a 5800x

However......... I've just installed one of my old fans to replace a noisy one, so while i was in there, i thought id stick the old 2070super back in, just for a comparison. What ive found is the 2070 super seems to hold a far more consistent frame rate and a higher one than the 3070ti. I even upped the cars on track from 10 (where i was still having issues with the ti) to 24, and the 2070 super still output a far more consistent frame rate than the ti.

Does this sound plausible? Can anyone explain why this could be?

I'd really like to try and get to the bottom of this, so as i can send the 3070ti back if the performance difference is really so little with regards to AC and VR, and obviously the CPU i have on orddwer may not be what i need either.

Cheers all :)
Your 3070ti might be bored and not boosting into 3D mode!
Right click anywhere on your desktop - > Nvidia control panel - > 3d settings - > for applications:
Now find the assetto corsa profile (if there is none, create it (choose the acs.exe, not the launcher!).
Now find the power/energy setting in the application profile and set it from "optimal" to "prefer maximum performance" or "high performance", not sure what it is in your language.

This will force your 3070ti to go into 3D mode.

Nvidia tries to save power by downclocking your graphics card when you don't need the full performance.
But I've found that sometimes it's just really really bad and you get massive stuttering.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 384 39.8%