F1 2011 MS Wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,

I have an intermittent issue with my wireless MS wheel on the 360. Sometimes, it will disconnect at random intervals. This pauses the game and I click continue to carry on racing. After I have continued, I lose all force feedback - very annoying as you have to adjust your driving style or steering at least.

Has anybody experienced this? Or is it just my wheel? It doesn't see to happen with Forza.

I thought it could be interference, but I'm not convinced as I have checked all surrounding wireless frequencies.

Thanks.

I have had my MS Wheel 'pausing' for me a couple times this week, but i have never lost the force feedback.
I'm not sure if mine is pausing randomly or if it is a track issue somehow (doing India this week)

Do you have batteries in your wheel as well as the adapter? No adapter means no force feedback, maybe there is something going wrong with the connection... I have a wheel (for parts) that will not work with the adapter, and only works with batteries, so no force feedback. Maybe whatever is wrong in mine is starting to go on yours as well.

This is why i don't like the idea of wireless pads, wheels etc. I would rather spend extra £££ on a wired wheel than use a wireless one. I think the MS wheel costs you over 1 to 1.5 seconds per lap maybe even more than that, i want to save up for a better wheel like the G27 or something. The MS wheel is just convienent for me at the moment because i can't mount a wheel any where so the wheel sits on my lap.

This is why i don't like the idea of wireless pads, wheels etc. I would rather spend extra £££ on a wired wheel than use a wireless one. I think the MS wheel costs you over 1 to 1.5 seconds per lap maybe even more than that, i want to save up for a better wheel like the G27 or something. The MS wheel is just convienent for me at the moment because i can't mount a wheel any where so the wheel sits on my lap.

The wheel sitting on your lap is probably whats costing you time.....
I don't have any problem setting fast times with my MS Wheel and my Wheel Stand Pro.

What's the theory behind the MS wheel being slower than other wheels? It's something i've never heard before.

The wheel sitting on your lap is probably whats costing you time.....
I don't have any problem setting fast times with my MS Wheel and my Wheel Stand Pro.

What's the theory behind the MS wheel being slower than other wheels? It's something i've never heard before.

Yes the wheel been on my lap is costing me time but the wheel its self costs you time aswell. Their are many posts around about wheels and how some are not as good as others. I'm only going by what i have read, i don't know if any actual testing has been done to see how each wheel type effects gameplay but if there was then that would be very interesting to read and see if there is really any difference to be found between wheels and in what why the differences effect gameplay.

I'll have a look around to see if i can find any posts about it.
I know that if you don't have force feedback or wheel weight you can turn it quicker, so that could potentially save you some time on a lap, but personally i like driving with force feedback and wheel weight turned on.

I'll have a look around to see if i can find any posts about it.
I know that if you don't have force feedback or wheel weight you can turn it quicker, so that could potentially save you some time on a lap, but personally i like driving with force feedback and wheel weight turned on.

I know the feeling Karl as we have the same Wheel, Ive tryed with no force feedback and wheel weight. It didnt feel right. What ever wheel I get, I wouldn't be going any faster anyways. I Just enjoy my midfield/back row battles :D

WOW, that's expensive Chris.
How does the MS wheel attach to that small metal plate?

I got the Elite second hand, it even came with a gear shift mount and a monitor mount all in for £150 (although i dont need them). Picked it up from Salisbury on Sunday and set it all up last night when i arrived home from Bath. Spent about an hour altering it so that i could find a comfortable position to sit in :)

Ive used Velcro to mount the steering wheel to the plate. Works a treat, no movement whatsoever. You can just use the clamp but you need to stuff like a piece of wood into the gap as well to fill out the space. Velcro is definetely the way forward after having an experiment.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%