F1 2010 MS Sidewinder USB Joystick controller problem

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I’m able to get my MS Sidewinder USB joystick to work in the game through the ‘My F1 > Driving Controls > Custom’ route, but my control is then too sensitive and twitchy and essentially undriveable. I need to be able to adjust settings such as sensitivity, dead zone, linearity etc., to make the game playable but can’t find any such settings screen. I assume the settings I need are hiding under the ‘Advanced Wheel Settings’ button but I can’t access this, it’s grayed out and unselectable. Other games that don't have my specific joystick pre-set e.g. NFS Shift and GTR Evolution, allow me to associate it with a wheel setting and the 'G25 without pedals' pre-set works 100%.

Any ideas on how to work around this and for me to start enjoying F1 2010 would be appreciated?

Hi Doug, exactly the same problem!

I am using same device and as you say, its way to twitchy.

Other games (rfactor) let you change sensitivity to workable levels, is there any fix / workaround for this pleeeeaaaaassseeee????

Here is Codemaster's reply when I queried this with them:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning F1 2010.
Unfortunately the advanced wheel settings are only available for wheels. Sorry.

Their concern is so touching, brought a tear to my eye. :(

I replied to this, reminding them that all their other games e.g. Dirt2 allow me to fine tune my controller under "Advanced Wheel Settings", why the ^%$&$%%$ not F1 2010?!!! ................ no reply from them.

Thanks for the reply Doug, its kinda what i was expecting!

As far as i am concerned, this renders the game usless for me as i won't / can't afford to be splashing out on a wheel just for this.

Would be interested to see theire reply if i ask for a refund....

J

PS roll on rfactor 2...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back