Mr Pibb's 2013 Mod

I downloaded this mod with intense, but then... It doesn't work. Crashes the game right after I get to doubleclick the game's .exe file. Everything installed as told, but... What to do now? :F

In terms of the tyres, I think Australia is super soft (red) and medium (white). With this mod I still seem to have yellow and white. Could you advise where to make the change in the db please?

snthennumbers: Thanks for that! :) It was pretty remiss of me. :redface: I'll include this in a new version shortly.

luke watson: No, I've not modified the option tyre types in tracks. If you want to alter this look in "track_model" section of database, and probably the "option_tyre" and "prime_tyre" columns.

If anyone gets a crash to desktop straight after the F12012 exe splash screen: If you modified the database yourself and got a message "cannot convert" while saving the database, then that'll probably be the result. My database is 455kb. I had the same problem once, caused by the above. Database in that instance was only 428kb.

Hey Mr. Pibb, question for you:

Although you made the liveries for the drivers and teams, did you you link those changes to the database file? AKA is Sergio Perez running with the performance stats from the "Sergio Perez" in the "ai_driver" table in the database.bin file? Or would he technically be running with "Lewis Hamilton" stats?

Put another way. I see when I'm racing with driver tags on, that Hamilton is in the Mercedes (awesome!). But...is that "HAM" I see out on the track above the Mercedes car actually driving according to the stats for "Lewis Hamilton" in the ai_driver table? Or is it running with either Nico Rosberg or Michael Shumacher's stats?

In fact I think in this case it goes a level further because in your mod you have Rosberg at the #1 driver at Mercedes and Hamilton as #2. In the original F1 2012 files Shumi is #1 and Rosberg is #2. Therefore if (and no offense of course, I'm just siding on caution) you havent connected the livery changes with the ai_driver table stats, then with your mod it would be as follows:

Perez driving with Hamilton's stats
Rosberg driving with Schumacher's stats
Hamilton driving with Rosberg's stats

And then there would be other issues in the table as well.

Let me know, because (again no offense, but you said most other game files were left default...I did see your database had basically every driver stat set to 1...which I thought left a little room for improvement ;) )....anyway, what I was getting at, is that I've made a database that lines up the driver you see on track with their stats in the database...as a...precaution lets call it :p

Anyway just let me know,
Thanks in advance!

snthennumbers: Thanks for the question. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well.

Like I said in my first post, this is a graphical/language/stats update. And by "stats" I mean a driver/team's number of wins/poles etc. There are no hacks for performances etc. Pointless really, as we have no idea who's gonna perform like what. The season hasn't even started yet.

So yes, Perez is Hamilton and Hamilton is Schumacher. It's just a name change. Rosberg is still Rosberg though. He's just no 1 status within the team. In fact, you could go much further. There are others who have swapped teams too - Hulkenberg and Pic. But essentially Mclaren number 2 will peform as Mclaren number 2 in standard game except with Perez's name in lieu of Hamilton's. etc.

As for nearly every driver stat being set to 1. That's not down to me. I have not altered any performance figures at all. Game is bog standard with name/graphical changes only.
It's a personal mod released for the enjoyment of others. Like the first post says, take it or leave it.

I'll correct that issue with Marussia's KERS and do a wee update for that but I have no plans on doing the sort of thing you're talking about.

If anyone gets a crash to desktop straight after the F12012 exe splash screen: If you modified the database yourself and got a message "cannot convert" while saving the database, then that'll probably be the result. My database is 455kb. I had the same problem once, caused by the above. Database in that instance was only 428kb.

I haven't touched to that at all, but still crashes... :F

snthennumbers: Thanks for that! :) It was pretty remiss of me. :redface: I'll include this in a new version shortly.

luke watson: No, I've not modified the option tyre types in tracks. If you want to alter this look in "track_model" section of database, and probably the "option_tyre" and "prime_tyre" columns.

Thanks so much, that was the right area to alter the compunds for a race weekend.

The hards still show as silver though, not orange. Any idea how to alter that?

I have instead of Giedo van der Garde photo a red cross.Do you know what to do with it?Everithing else is OK.
Thank you for answer.

I installed the mod, everything works fine, the liveries are great, but the names in the menu haven't changed. For example in Mercedes, Michael Shumacher is still listed as driver #2, but there is a picture of Lewis Hamilton and a union jack next to Shumacher's name. Also, the on-track F1 2013 ads on the barriers and billboards still say 2012. Did I install it wrong?

S
I installed the mod, everything works fine, the liveries are great, but the names in the menu haven't changed. For example in Mercedes, Michael Shumacher is still listed as driver #2, but there is a picture of Lewis Hamilton and a union jack next to Shumacher's name. Also, the on-track F1 2013 ads on the barriers and billboards still say 2012. Did I install it wrong?
Sounds like you've not installed the language file or the track file. At least.

Luke: The mod should have tyre colour in it (orange). Did this not work? I included a render_materials.xml file with orange tyres.

wharrgarblinggoose88: <- That's a tricky name you've got there... You need to install the english language file provided. Mod is english only. Also, the track pack is a seperate download. Check the bottom of first post.

fitti: You need to reinstall the frontend file: b_nonpersistent.pssg

Chris667: No idea. Hopefully someone else can help. That shouldn't be related to the mod.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%