Mr Pibb's 2012 update

Well, there are a number of databases I have provided. There's both 2012 and 2011 team order, with or without 20 track season extension, and all in pre and post patch versions. You would loose 2012 team order (if you are using 2012 team order). You would loose 20 track season if you're using that.

But regardless of whether you're using 2011 or 2012 team order, with or without 20 track season extension you would also loose:

Driver nationality and flag
Team statistics
Driver statistics
Car Number

Pretty much what's shown in the screenshot in post #110.

Of course it's probably possible to combine the two. Not sure about the 20 track extension though, and how that would work with an AI mod. My mod does not alter any performance related data at all. It is purely a statistical/language/graphical update.

Thanks! I believe Rowing is seeking your permission to combine the two?

Has he contacted you?

Sorry I am new to modding this game, is this mod better than the F1 2012 Season Mod v1.0? Or are they generally speaking the same?

This 2012 update is graphical/stats/language/pit-lane order update only.

There are no perfomance file hacks etc. All files are at standard game resolutions, so game will perform/operate exactly as standard, except things are shown as 2012.

hi Mr Pibb

i installed the mod everything is working fine & i really wanna thank you for this wonderfull mod, but only one thing is strange i putt all the new helmets in it, but if if let us say the helmet of hamilton into the newest helmet i can't see the new helmet i only get the old helmet again.

i changed the helmet in the cars/mc1/livery_00 file and i saved it for high & low textures but nothing changes. can you fix this or have answer for that?

thanks

The helmet in the cars folder is the helmet you see on track. When the race starts you ought to see your helmet during the wobbly animation showing where you are on the grid. But the helmet you see in other cut scenes such as getting into the car/celebrating a top three finish - is a different file.

For that you need:

..\Codemasters\F1 2011\characters\models\higtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg
..\Codemasters\F1 2011\characters\models\medtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg

And the helmet you use in career is another file (well two - hi and low), so is the one in the driver select menu, yet another in the career helmet select menu and there's a further one yet again in the team mate challenge screen.

The helmet in the cars folder is the helmet you see on track. When the race starts you ought to see your helmet during the wobbly animation showing where you are on the grid. But the helmet you see in other cut scenes such as getting into the car/celebrating a top three finish - is a different file.

For that you need:

..\Codemasters\F1 2011\characters\models\higtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg
..\Codemasters\F1 2011\characters\models\medtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg

And the helmet you use in career is another file (well two - hi and low), so is the one in the driver select menu, yet another in the career helmet select menu and there's a further one yet again in the team mate challenge screen.

i know but i changed them in both (with my custom helmet for carreer) but didn't see any changes because i changed my visor with other publicity on it then on the original of hamilton, but when i get in the car or celebration screen i don't see the changes. it stays the original hamilton visor. then when i go normally to grand prix the helmet must be changed for sure, i take hamilton & tadaaa again (out of nowhere) original hamilton helmet :D xD very strange because there is NO hamilton helmet anymore on my disk :p

i know but i changed them in both (with my custom helmet for carreer) but didn't see any changes because i changed my visor with other publicity on it then on the original of hamilton, but when i get in the car or celebration screen i don't see the changes. it stays the original hamilton visor. then when i go normally to grand prix the helmet must be changed for sure, i take hamilton & tadaaa again (out of nowhere) original hamilton helmet :D xD very strange because there is NO hamilton helmet anymore on my disk :p

let us say i don't see it in the cutscene's carreer or grand prix but when i'm racing i see the helmet that's pretty weird :(

hi Mr Pibb!
thanks for this awesome mod, great work man! one little question: i've installed your mod, everything is fine, in addition can i update the AI of the game with AI MOD 2.3 patch or they won't work together? sorry for my english!
thx in advance,
B.

If you mean kristiannn's AI mod v2.3 as in this thread, then it says it's compatible so yeah, I guess it is. But I'm not the author of that mod, so can't say for sure.

Glad you're enjoying the mod :)

EDIT: Saturday 3rd March. Version 3 released. Includes Petrov.
EDIT: Sunday 11th March. Optional 20 race season pack added.

Hi. I've updated pretty much everything I can think of to 2012 season, with exception of helmets.
I've updated the following:

Driver names
Driver stats
Driver nationalities
Driver numbers
Driver questions
Driver birthday
Driver uniforms

Team names
Team stats
Team motorhomes
Caterham garage
Caterham garage loading screen
Caterham team uniforms
Caterham brakeboard
Caterham steering wheel
Caterham logo
Catherham trucks
Caterham paddock

Cars: I've not updated car liveries except for the driver name and car number.
So this HAS been changed on car livery.
In the case of Catherham, I have not changed the livery.

Main menu welcome screen
Main menu driver selection graphics
Main menu driver selection flags
Main menu driver selection car numbers

Race dates

Track selection menus
Track introduction graphics
Track records
Track stats

Hemets: I not updated helmets, but where there are driver team order swaps (like in Mclaren), car numbers, helmets etc are corrected.
Where there are new drivers, they get their predecessors helmet.

I think that's it.

Caterham features a lot because of the removal of the lotus logo and replacement with the new Caterham logo.
Other team logos are close enough for me, so I've not bothered updating them, but team names have been updated.

Some screenies:

1Catherhammotorhome.jpg

2welcome.jpg

3teamselect_v2.jpg

4trackselect.jpg

5ingarage_v2.jpg

6ontrack_v2.jpg

7Catherhamgarage.jpg

Mod comes in four options:
2011 team order (pre patch)
2012 team order (pre patch)
2011 team order (patch 1.2)
2012 team order (patch 1.2)

Includes original flow.bin.

Where patching to true 2012 order, your current save game may be considered corrupt, and you may be forced to restart your career.
You can patch your existing game by using the 2011 team order patch, and it should be ok.
This will result in the team/driver selection menu not being shown in logical 2012 car number order and garage locations on track being in the same order as 2011.
For example, Williams will be in garage 6 when they really ought to be in garage 9 for 2012, Di Resta will be in driver two location in his garage, etc. But otherwise everything else is fine.

Here's a screenie showing the difference between 2011 and 2012 team order:

Mr_Pibbs_2012_mod_v30_options.jpg

As an optional extra, I have added Track graphics for the following tracks:

Singapore
Brazil
Suzuka
Korea
Delhi
Monaco (new to v2.0)

Obvious existing signage around a track that had the old F1 2011 logo has been replaced by F1 2012 logo.
If you see any other obvious F1 2011 logos to change, please let me know.

I haven't spotted any obvious F1 2011 logos in other tracks.

Some more screenies:

TrackSingapore-1.jpg

TrackBrazil.jpg

TrackSuzuka.jpg

TrackKorea.jpg

TrackDelhi-1.jpg

TrackMonaco.jpg

As an additional optional extra, I have added a 20 race season pack.

YOU MUST INSTALL REDDVERS BAHRAIN AND AUSTIN TEXAS MOD FIRST.

This gives you 20 races in the season instead of only 19. Instanbul is replaced with Reddvers Bahrain graphical update, and Austin Texas is added to the season (as Korea with Reddvers Austin Texas graphical update). This requires you to rename a track folder before playing Korea or Austin. Instructions for this are provided.

20trackmenu.jpg

Well, that's it really.

Download (English and German version only) full mod v3.0 here.
Upgrade any version of the mod to v3.0 (English and German) here.

Download the track extension pack v2.0 here.
Upgrade v1.0 track extension pack to v2.0 here.

Download the 20-race extension pack (English and German) v1.0 here.

Thanks.

Mr Pibb.
Can I change drivers and teams names only?

thanks mr pibb for this mod! its amazing and i love the details included!

heres quick gameplay with the mod,its not such a great lap,but just wanted to upload something:)

Hello Mr Pibb

Merci... for your great job.
I play with since 2 days wiith the 2012 order. And I have 2 questions.

1/ I play the Torro Rosso but now the DRS dont work (but Ok for the KERS). Do you know what I can do? Where is the problème or wich file i must to edit ?

2/ Witch program can I use tou modifie the lyvery of this Torro Rosso to make my personnal team ?

Thanks a lot (sorry for my poor english)
Jmarq

Thanks for the video SeaL :)

@jmarq: This mod does not affect the DRS or any performance files at all. If you have no DRS in the Torro Rosso it's not due to this mod. It's either down to someone else's mod, or some of your own hacking, perhaps a controller configuration problem or a game installation glitch. I don't know to be honest. But it aint this mod.

You can download livery updates from this site, and see what files are provided to see what files you need to alter. There's the car itself, then there's also the garage, team uniforms, team trucks, the trailer etc etc etc, not to mention the driver and team select menus. All of these things are in numerous files. If you just want to update the car, update:
..\Codemasters\F1 2011\cars\tr1\livery_main\textures_high\tr1_gen_high_main.pssg
and
..\Codemasters\F1 2011\cars\tr1\livery_main\textures_low\tr1_gen_low_main.pssg

Use Ryders PSSG Editor to extract/import the DDS files from/to the PSSG file, and use photoshop or whatever to edit the resultant DDS files. You may need to download a DDS plugin for your graphics editing program.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back