• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Mr. C - tips/hints/points/setups

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    TouringClassics - Volvo240Turbo - Sachsering - 1.23.894 LB*

Tips:
    - I love this car, has good corner speed and a very nice punch in power, and amazing fun;
    - this has the coast of the Mercedes from DTM92 with the power of the Audi, but also the brakes from the Audi, or worse...so brake early and rely on that coasting;
    - it's a turbo car so either short shift at the exit of the corner or be prepared to have a big ass slide when the turbo kicks in;
    - I tried to space out the gears so at the exit of the corners is somewhat safe but still, RWD, to be really fast with this car you need some big wrecking balls;
    - the strong point of this car is that on a door to door fight it will always win, so do some BTCC stuff with it and get stuck in.

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 1
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Procar - BMW M1 - Sachsenring - 1.24.103 LB*

Tips:
    - usually, I like this car a lot, but on this track it just doesn't click, did more laps than usual to find some sort of groove, so be prepared with patience;
    - as always wooden brakes, so brake early and try to coast, and while coasting try to keep high revs;
    - some corners are not flat out like in DTM92 or TouringClassics, so just be patient with the car and see where you can push or not;
    - smooth is fast, even do it looks slow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC13 - Seat Leon - Sachsenring - 1.24.545 LB*

Tips:
    - this car is the proof of FWD cars always on the acc. pedal technique, as soon as you completely lift off you will have oversteer;
    - make smooth downshifts to not lose the rear, and as you might have guessed , NEVER completely remove foot from acc. pedal, EVEN on braking;
    - this car is really fast, I am sure there is at least 1sec in it, but it's also a handful and requires very precise driving to extract that extra tenth, if you want speed, take it, if you want fun, choose something else.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC13 - BMW M3 - Sachsenring - 1.24.973 LB*

Tips:
    - the default setup is pretty banged on, very safe, a bit slow but safe;
    - it has a bit of understeer on lift off but nothing that a bit of acc. can't cure, as soon as you hear those front tires, hard on the power pedal;
    - far better on the brakes than any of the WTCC13 cars, use it;
    - full acc. at the start!.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Formula RaceRoom Junior - Hockenheimring Short - 1.05.532LB*

Tips:
    - tricky little car on a tricky little circuit, bumps don't help either so try to take wide lines, never tight;
    - make sure you have your brake balance right, according to your driving style, after lot's of testing what I have in this setup I might use always for this car, it's very stable and only if you really push you will lock up the fronts;
    - for me this car acts like it has a low/mid-range turbo, you throw it into the corner and at the first full stab of the acc. it bites but if you gently push the acc. it's too slow. So I smash the acc. pedal and then prepare to catch any slides and go from 100% to 50-60% and then full again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jopamir

Jopamir
    "CarryOn Racing Team" Premium

Ratings:
    +1,239
    Hi Andrei
    today I took your advice not to be afraid to joi and had my first race at RD(FormulaJr Hockeneimrig., I was the yellow car, running last...:sleep:). For me it was really a lonely ride, the only cars I saw was the grid and, near the end, you passing me by (sorry for slowing you down..:cautious:)Excellent drive by the way, great win! :thumbsup:
    I havent drove the car before ( bought it for this event...) and although I was pretty slow for your standards( ~1:10sec at best) I manage to make it to the end w/t crashing and was only lapped by you :cool:. So it was ok, I guess:)
    I regret I havent seen your setup and tips offered here in the first place. Maybe I could have done it a little better (or not :unsure:..).
    I really liked you guys and the way you made me feel welcome!

Thanks, and hope to join whenever I can in the future
    Cheers,
    Jose Paulo Miranda

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    @Jopamir I can heartily recommend Mr C's setups and videos plus his driving notes, they have kept me on the track often and made cars that I struggled with easier to handle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. kedy89

kedy89

Ratings:
    +4,418
    R3E default setups are more than decent in most cases. Getting the hang of the braking points and lines is were you'll find most time. Also getting used to the car, how it handles in certain situations.

9. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,239
    Thanks for the advice Tobi
    appreciate it ;), and You're right, practice is the key and unfortunately I lack the time... (thats my excuse for lame driving:notworthy: ...and "bad" setups)
    Thxs

10. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,239
    Thanks Kenny
    Hope they make it easier for me too;)
    Cheers

11. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,239
    by the way, do you have a "good" setup for tomorrow - GT3/Hockeineim?
    Thxs

12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    If you check the OP on the thread you'll find links to all the cars he's done setups for I normally can use one for a starting point.

13. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,239
    sadly there is none for either the Z4 nor Hockeneim in the GT3 series...:(
    I'll try what Ive got

14. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Honda Civic - Shanghai WTCC - 1.47.914

Tips:
    - the setup feels very stable for me, but the most important thing on this track is throttle control out of the corners, modulate - modulate - modulate;
    - out of the bunch on my hands the Honda feels the most stable under braking;
    - T1 just downshift and try to not hold a very tight line, middle of the track is perfect and cut back right at the end;
    - for the long right hander before the back straight, modulate a bit but short shift it works like a charm;
    - as with all fwd cars, never completely take the foot off the throttle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Chevrolet RML Cruze TC1 - Shanghai WTCC - 1.48.028LB*

Tips:
    - in my hands, the Cruze feels the fastest but it's a bit twitchy, there is a 47.6 in the car for sure;
    - as with the Honda modulate-modulate-modulate but this car feels a bit eager to go than the others so modulation is a bit tricky;
    - definitely crazy on the brakes, in T1 the fronts lock a bit and for the penultimate turn after long straight the rears lock up a bit, tried dif things with bias and balance but nothing so I just deal with it;
    - as with all fwd cars, never fully take the foot from the throttle;

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Citroen C Elyse - Shanghai WTCC - 1.48.564LB*

Tips:
    - as with all fwd cars, never fully take the foot off the throttle;
    - this car feels extremely stable in high-speed corners and it tucks in a lot better when it lift-off a bit;
    - also, the top speed is 2km/h faster than other but that is still a bit relative as it depends on how you exit the turn before the back straight, and I never managed to exit that turn, in the same way, two times in a row;
    - I feel that this car gives a bit too much confidence and you try to push when you should not,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Honda Civic - Sonoma WTCC - 1.38.693LB*

Tips:
    - in sector 1, short shift;
    - take a wide approach to T1 and brake straight;
    - when you want to acc from T1 force yourself to wait for 0.5 - 1sec more, you will have huge understeer;
    - brake pressure at 100% but on this track modulate the brake as you do the acc. ;
    - lot's of practice, you need to be precise;
    - as always, never fully liftoff from acc and try to be as smooth as possible.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Aquila CR1 - Salzburgring - 1.24.543LB*

Tips:
    - brake late be smooth;
    - use all the track;
    - to be fast with this car you need to be hard on it.

Attached Files:

19. Jopamir

Jopamir

Ratings:
    +1,239
    Im sorry Mr.C, but where is the setup file..?:geek:
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Group5 - Chevrolet Corvette - Salzburgring - 1.18.919LB*

Tips
    - since you are a crazy enough to pick this car, the only tip I can give you is, hold the **** ON!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.