• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Mr. C - tips/hints/points/setups

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    Pretty Fly (For a French Fry) Premium

Ratings:
    +1,641
    The GT1 competition is fierce, I love it! :D:coffee:

• Love Love x 1
  2. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,641
    Well @Mike Davies and @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, I relinquish the GTR1 time to you guys. Tried a run last night, couldn't back up to my time for the life of me. :D

I may post a Bathurst GT3 setup/hotlap, though not sure if I want to upload it before the race because I don't want to show you guys my hand. :p

3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    @Christian Moreau, you have a good time there in the stone age ford but I think I can match it at least in the Bentley when I get home, at least I am hoping. But that P1 lap time is not real, right?I mean it is some sort of trick, I tried wing 1 and only focused on the exit of T1 and he was pulling away from me like mad like he was in a completely dif car or NOS.

4. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau

Ratings:
    +1,641
    I agree, I have no idea how he set up the car to accomplish that, but I find it hard to believe he was able to find that much time over me. If I look at my best lap, I'd say I could get maybe 4 tenths extra. The car gets really loose at a few braking where I have to saw at the wheel which loses me time, but that's just the nature of my "stone age Ford". :D

I'm really interested in how refueling will play out. I don't know how many laps you can go for in the Bentley on a full tank, but my old Ford guzzles gas like an elephant at a pond. :roflmao:

5. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    not only how fast he is of the slow corners but if you watch his lap , nowhere on the lap does he use the full track and in some pretty key areas his on the middle still having a much better exit than me, it's insane. Wow, 0.4 that will take some training, more important on this track than fuel its tires, they go pretty fast and wit tires x 1 that is definitely a thing to watch.2h still is very long, the concentration must be high too...

6. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC14 - Honda Civic - Spa Francorchamps - 2.17.450 LB*

Tips:
    - lift off oversteer perfection;
    - as suggested above, you enter too hot = lift off, enter too slow = lift off so nose off the car points to the exit;
    - use the brakes, be aggressive on downshift except the last downshift to the gear for that specific corner. Downshift in gear specific corner just before the apex, so the car tucks in more;
    - use all track, every cm, be confident.

Attached Files:

7. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    P1 - DMD P20 - Spa-Francorchamps - 1.57.746LB*

Tips:
    - the setup is very stable, except 1st and last turn which I take in 1st gear, I know some people that take them in 2nd so that's your solution if you have problems;
    - brakes are really good and you can trail brake allot;
    - for the fast corners try to coast but with 5% acc. pressed, it's better and more responsive;
    - use all the track, it really matters on this track.

Attached Files:

8. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    GTR3 - Bentley - Spa Francorchamps - 1.17.066

Tips:
    - it's a bit twitchy and there is definitely a 16' with this setup;
    - try to not brake at the extreme, right at the end of a hard braking period the rears will lock;
    - if it has too much oversteer increase rear wing by max 3 clicks;
    - with all the cars on Spa, use all of the track.

Attached Files:

9. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    GTR3 - Chevrolet Corvette - Spa Francorchamps - 1.17.420 LB*

Tips:
    - contrary to the name "Vette" this setup on this track is very good at coasting, so that should be your primary focus;
    - good on the brakes, very twitchy at exit;
    - apply throttle in small measures not all at once, VERY IMPORTANT, so you don't crash;
    - I don't feel the car soo good as the other's so sadly this isn't my best work, but it's decent for a race distance.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    P2 - Chevrolet Corvette -Spa Francorchamps- 2.06.606LB*

Tips:
    - I find this car more suited to Spa than others, it less twitchy in a weird way;
    - wood brakes with higher top speed make for early braking;
    - even do it will feel that you need to shift to 2nd in some chicanes, don't, keep it in 3ed there is plenty of grunt to make it fast;
    - be smooth, increase steering lock if necessary.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. indent

indent

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi - your setups are great, but here is the wrong file for download ...
    thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    Thank you so much, fixed

13. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    DTM13 - Audi RS 5 - Oschersleben - 1.20.262 LB*

Tips:
    - really stable and playful setup;
    - on T2(first long right) keep it in 2nd at quarter throttle until you see the outside kerbs then shift into 3ed and flat out;
    - for the fast left-handers enter in 5th at full speed then just before 2nd left liftoff and half a second later shift into 4th and pedal to the medal until you brake for the right;
    - it's really good on the brakes, if you find you lock the fronts play with balance if you just can't get it to work , drop the pressure from 100 to 97%.
    - this time, be aggressive with the car!
    - for an alien, there is a 19's in there somewhere.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Chevrolet RML Cruze TC1 - Oschersleben - 1.29.904LB*

Tips:
    - very weird but with the FWD cars didn't manage to get a good vibe with this track, I am sure there is at least 1sec but didn't work this time;
    - allot of understeer going out of the corners so, slow in, prepare the exit and blast out, don't try to push mid-corner;
    - for the fast left-handers just as you arrive brake a little so you put the weight on the front and after for the Love of all that is Holy in motorsport don't fully lift, you will lose the rear and bye bye;
    - for penultimate turn also tap the brakes for front grip;
    - good luck with patience:)) .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    WTCC15 Honda Civic - Oschersleben - 1.29.677LB*

Tips:
    - very weird but with the FWD cars didn't manage to get a good vibe with this track, I am sure there is at least 1sec but didn't work this time;
    - allot of understeer going out of the corners so, slow in, prepare the exit and blast out, don't try to push mid-corner;
    - for the fast left-handers just as you arrive brake a little so you put the weight on the front and after for the Love of all that is Holy in motorsport don't fully lift, you will lose the rear and bye bye;
    - for penultimate turn also tap the brakes for front grip;
    - good luck with patience:)) .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    GTR1 - Saleen S7R - Bathurst - 1.57.127 LB*

Tips
    - Pray! a lot;
    - Pray some more;
    - On the twisty bit never be on full throttle;
    - Treat it like a WTCC car on top of the mountain, don't try to use all power just try to maintain speed;
    - It's quite fast from other cars, brake early;
    - Turn in is decent, going out is the problem so patience;
    - Pray!

Attached Files:

17. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    GTR2 - BMW M3 - Oschersleben - 1.24.295

Tips:
    - A bit tail happy but 10% of patience and you are golden;
    - A trick is to put lower lock in steering settings, for this car I have my usual 540 degrees of rotation both in game and wheel settings with 18 lock;
    - don't stay too much on coast, it doesn't like it, has some liftoff understeer;
    - rely on the brakes, you can really push the braking zones, you can even miss a braking zone and still make the corner, not fast but not crash either.(miss = by a little, if you miss completely the braking zone, good luck to you).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    GTR2 - Cadillac - Oschersleben - 1.24.583

Tips:
    - Unlike the other GT2's this is car like's to coast, so when you lift off especially at the fast left-handers it will tuck in;
    - Short shifting is a thing with this car, has plenty of grunt to make it, T1, T2, last turn is mandatory;
    - Even do it's the heaviest I find it the best on braking, not by much but enough to crawl back some time;
    - Even do it looks like it might slide more actually I think it's a lot safer than BMW in terms of oversteer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    DTM92 - Audi V8 - Sachsenring - 1.23.523 LB*

Tips:
    - as normal with this Audi, try to not liftoff it will understeer like crazy, slowly but firmly press acc. and the car will go to the inside
    - don't push it too hard at the exit, to much lateral force and you will have a 4 wheel drift, it may be cool but it's slow
    - this is a heavy car, comparing brake points with the Merc is bonkers, but it's much, much safer and I enjoy the Audi more, so brake early and power out.
    - at the start full acc.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,434
    DTM92 - DTM92 Mercedes 190E Evo II DTM - Sachsenring - 1.23.411 LB*

Tips:
    - contrary to the Audi from the same class, excellent on the brakes and even more awesome on coasting, especially in 2nd gear;
    - a bit down on power so expect to not be able to pass by the Audi or Opel on the 2 straights but you can pass under braking if you are close enough;
    - brake as late as possible, hard down shift and coast, coasting makes a lot of time when done properly;
    - don't be too hard on the acc., the setup is safe but still an RWD car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Love Love x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.