MP info from Twitter

The guy behind Trading Paints (skin sharing service for iracing) was on the official forums a couple months ago giving hints that some form of Trading Paints will be available for AC at some point.

But on day one, unless you have already emailed your personal paints to all your friends you will only see stock. (or plain...won't know until Friday)

First they need to get the basics of MP right. They need to provide a trouble/bug free multiplayer experience, with good netcode, no showstoppers etc.

If all that is in place, then, and only then, can and will they consider adding new features like auto-downloading skins/setups.

AC still has 5 years development time ahead. Enough time to get to perfection ;).

For private leagues servers, added skins should normally make no problem if they are also included in the server game and if all drivers have the same skin collection ?
Using word "added" in place of "custom skins" intentionally of course.

Logically they might be visible for anyone who also has them. ( supposing the system may be compared with GTR2 or other previous sims )
I hope so anyway. ;)

its the initial release of the MP netcode and your talking about league servers??? Anyone considering starting a league this early is asking for trouble. We dont even know if it works yet. I think people should just wind themselves back a bit and wait and see if things work ok. Dont go jumping at the bit thinking everything is going to work as you think it will. Chances are that alot of bugs will be found in the first release and personally i would wait until atleast V 1.0 is out before doing anything except standard skin club races.

Also, looks like we'll be getting a couple of screens today or tomorrow

Untitled.jpg

Of course I know that Dave. ;)
For once we need more information for something important, we get ... less.

The info above says too much or not enough.

Finally, I'd prefer less or no communication at all rather than have unsure news.
We should get the surprise rather than trying to read between the lines and Kunos should work with less pression.
World of ultra communication nowadays with its good qualities but sometimes its worse faults.... ... this last remark not because I'm older and against new habits but just a question of impartial observation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%