(MP) Black screen freeze bug

Chris

Premium
Ever since version 0.9.4 has been released I've been getting the occasional bug whereby my monitor goes into standby mode for about 1-2 seconds and then turns back on again. The audio loops and when the monitor turns back on, I find out that I've lost about 3 seconds as I rejoin the race in the exact place in which it froze.

It's really really odd. I know that several others have been having it (@Sniper, @Jack, @Casper). It seems to happen in Multiplayer. I'm not sure if it happens in single player, but I've never encountered it during a test session or whatever, so I think it's MP-only.

Here's what it looks like on the replay.

I concur have has same issue since 2 updates ago. Whole screen locks up for a few seconds and you seem to stay in same place while others drive forward. Happened online 3 times in one practice session.

You can add me to the list: it happened to me a few time, always in online race. Usually pretty short (but you loose time on this lap). One was particularly long: the other people did 2 laps of East Kansai (the short Suzuka) while I stayed stuck in the same corner! I was more accusing my connection than the game… But it is true that it happened only in the recent weeks and only online.

:confused::confused:
This is a work for these 2
X_Files_main-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

Exactly the same issue for me, sadly. Freeze occurs then car stays in place and when it reactivates the other cars have continued on and I am in the same place having lost whatever length of time the freeze has lasted for.

This is something that only happens to the quick guys, the quicker you are the more frequent the 'adjustment'
I read that this has been added to version 0.9.4 to help even the playing field.
Its like time ballast :p

This is something that only happens to the quick guys, the quicker you are the more frequent the 'adjustment'
I read that this has been added to version 0.9.4 to help even the playing field.
Its like time ballast :p
so I would imagine that you have not experienced this then sean :whistling::whistling:
actually you could be right I get quite a few freezes, could be because of my awesome pace:)

so I would imagine that you have not experienced this then sean :whistling::whistling:
actually you could be right I get quite a few freezes, could be because of my awesome pace:)
Yes, I have had the freeze a few times, but because I'm so quick, I also get the 'kicked out of the race' adjustment used on only the FASTEST! haha :inmydreams:

Jokes aside, I got the freeze in practice at Bathurst, can't say in the race because I was viewing my desktop after lap 3.
At Brasilia I don't recall having any freezing and was never kicked out either.
Now this could be because of either of two things:
1) I was too slow :p
2) I verified my game and this fixed that issue (I recall about 72 files may have been found to be, well no good.)
Maybe everyone having the issue should try a verify?

Well I did provide some DynHUD logs to Marvin in the Reiza forum, and he told me that some of them were completely messed up and unusable. We thought it was because I'm using an iMac, but if I remember well those logs were coming from the race with the huge freeze I was describing above… I'd be happy to provide more logs when I get the problem again, hopping my config is not too unusual… I think we should try to get them logs from as many different people as possible, to help them finding the factors.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back