Moving up from a G920...to what though?

Hi All,
I've had my Logitech G920 for about a year now, I bought it along with a PlaySeat Challenge to use with Forza Motorsport. After a while I found Forza unrealistic and moved to PC, VR using a Rift and Assetto Corsa. I've changed the springs I'm the G920 pedals too.

I've been playing online for about a month and really enjoying racing, However I'm thinking it's time to ditch the G920. I'm looking for better brake feel and a smoother wheel without blowing the bank. Id probably be buying from second hand from eBay.

I am hoping more feel with generally make me faster. The G920 sometimes is notchy, and a light dead spot before the AC force feedback kicks in.

Any recommendations out there? I've been looking at Fanatec Clubsport V1 and V2 and CSR Elite Pedals which all seem reasonably priced but I don't know if there is much difference between them other than the build quality?

Also I've seen the Fanatec CSL wheel base, any opinions on this?

Is it a worthy upgrade to these? Will I get more feel?

Absolutely loving AC, VERY quickly went from 2:24 around SPA in a GT3 car to 2:17:200 in about a month of playing, maybe a few hours a week. Trying to brake into the 2:16 is proving a challenge but it' good fun online racing, at the moment more than taking my real Porsche out for a drive on roads. Making me want another race car and get into racing instead of track days. I'm hooked!

Thanks
Jay

CSL Elite pedals use potentiometers, ClubSport use load cells. Mechanically, the CSL Elite have a better arrangement that's less likely to break if you don't mind the potentiometers. The CSL Elite LC have a load cell on the brake pedal.

Load cells will outlast your interest in simracing while potentiometers (like you have in the Logitech pedals) have about a 5-6 year lifespan before the dirt & wear causes spiking... recalibrating and/or cleaning will get you another 4-6 years of use before you consider replacement.

CSL Elite wheel base is probably not a good choice. Check YouTube for reviews. Pick a Thrustmaster if you're looking at this level.

ClubSport wheel base is where it is at if you can afford one with rim.

edit: You'll want a pair of gloves with alcantara rims because the fabric wears off onto your hands. This is normal, but doesn't get mentioned very often.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I have seen quite a few ClubSport V1 & V2 Pedals for sale at very reasonable prices.
Any reason why the CSL Elite is not good at this level? Which Thrustmaster would you recommend, 300RS?

Good point on the gloves, I use my track day gloves even with my G920, just prefer the feel.

Upvote 0
Any reason why the CSL Elite is not good at this level? Which Thrustmaster would you recommend, 300RS?

If you're going to buy a plastic housing, buy the cheaper plastic housing which happens to include the pedals, too.

T300RS? Sure. Or the T300GT gets you a clutch pedal, too. Unfortunately, you'll still want better pedals. Hmm... isn't there a T300 that doesn't include any pedals?

Upvote 0
What is your budget? I would go for https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html - Then get a second hand Fanatec rim. I managed to get a BMW one for £150, to cushion the blow sell your G920. Keep your current pedals for now but start saving for newer pedals, i.e club sport pedals v3.

The reason I recommend going for something Mid entry like the V2 wheel base, and not the CSL elite because believe me you will eventually think that the elite is not good enough and you end up wanting another upgrade - best to skip that stage from the off set. G920 taught you that you love sim racing, so now is the time to invest.

I went from Playseat - G920, was not satisfied sold it, (My playseat broke - decided screw this time to go higher end got simetik which is a TANK!!) then got TSPC racer and TM pedals, was not satisfied again sold it. now I got OSW and HE pedals, and I am loving it. Nothing beats that feeling when you jump into your rig, its sturdy, it does not squeak, the pedals feel great, the wheel feels great. Nothing making crazy noises, nothings overheating, everything just........works. Its a great feeling.

You should aim for that feeling bro, life is short, and money is not everything, if you gotta wait and save up then so be it, because the end reward is NUTS - Also I learned there is no worse feeling that spending £200, £300, £400 pound on something that you do not actually like, it is depressing. I would rather spend more and LOVE the thing than I brought.

PS Sorry if my grammar is messed up, I had no time to go over it and typed in a rush

Upvote 0
If you're going to buy a plastic housing, buy the cheaper plastic housing which happens to include the pedals, too.

T300RS? Sure. Or the T300GT gets you a clutch pedal, too. Unfortunately, you'll still want better pedals. Hmm... isn't there a T300 that doesn't include any pedals?

Thanks, I'll take a look at the Videos!

Upvote 0
What is your budget? I would go for https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-5.html - Then get a second hand Fanatec rim. I managed to get a BMW one for £150, to cushion the blow sell your G920. Keep your current pedals for now but start saving for newer pedals, i.e club sport pedals v3.

The reason I recommend going for something Mid entry like the V2 wheel base, and not the CSL elite because believe me you will eventually think that the elite is not good enough and you end up wanting another upgrade - best to skip that stage from the off set. G920 taught you that you love sim racing, so now is the time to invest.

I went from Playseat - G920, was not satisfied sold it, (My playseat broke - decided screw this time to go higher end got simetik which is a TANK!!) then got TSPC racer and TM pedals, was not satisfied again sold it. now I got OSW and HE pedals, and I am loving it. Nothing beats that feeling when you jump into your rig, its sturdy, it does not squeak, the pedals feel great, the wheel feels great. Nothing making crazy noises, nothings overheating, everything just........works. Its a great feeling.

You should aim for that feeling bro, life is short, and money is not everything, if you gotta wait and save up then so be it, because the end reward is NUTS - Also I learned there is no worse feeling that spending £200, £300, £400 pound on something that you do not actually like, it is depressing. I would rather spend more and LOVE the thing than I brought.

PS Sorry if my grammar is messed up, I had no time to go over it and typed in a rush

Thanks for the enthusiastic reply!!

As cheap as possible bro. Just got back from a Snowboarding trip with the boys, got a Porsche Boxster GTS as a fun car in the Garage, off to Le Mans and the Nurburgring....so pushing my luck with the wife lol.

I see what you mean and agree. I do love Sim racing way more than I expected, as I've done alot of track time in real road and race cars, but Sim racing has just given me all that from my home!

I actually have the Playseat Alcantara WRC Pro, just the middle bar is abit annoying as my brake foot hit it. I'll try some adjustments. Most of my time to be made up is probably under trail braking and corner entry so thought the pedals would help with that but then probs need a combo of a good wheel and pedals.

I'll need to price it all up and go from there. Will get premium membership here and join some races.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the enthusiastic reply!!

As cheap as possible bro. Just got back from a Snowboarding trip with the boys, got a Porsche Boxster GTS as a fun car in the Garage, off to Le Mans and the Nurburgring....so pushing my luck with the wife lol.

I see what you mean and agree. I do love Sim racing way more than I expected, as I've done alot of track time in real road and race cars, but Sim racing has just given me all that from my home!

I actually have the Playseat Alcantara WRC Pro, just the middle bar is abit annoying as my brake foot hit it. I'll try some adjustments. Most of my time to be made up is probably under trail braking and corner entry so thought the pedals would help with that but then probs need a combo of a good wheel and pedals.

I'll need to price it all up and go from there. Will get premium membership here and join some races.

Fair enough, but in the same vein as getting a Porsche Boxter GTS!! As a ''fun car'' should be applied to your sim racing haha, go for quality. If that means you gotta wait and save up then so be it mate, patience will pay off in the end.

Upvote 0
Fair enough, but in the same vein as getting a Porsche Boxter GTS!! As a ''fun car'' should be applied to your sim racing haha, go for quality. If that means you gotta wait and save up then so be it mate, patience will pay off in the end.

Yeah I was thinking get Clubsport V1 or V2 pedals, then get the right wheel. Now you got me looking at the Simetik rig and a nice comfy bucket seat, wish I'd kept my Recaro SPG.

I'l build it up slowly.

Upvote 0
What are peoples thoughts on the Feel VR kit?
I want it to be a success, but I'm very dubious of a new company's first hardware entry coming in at 1/2 the price of the competition. The mis-labeling of a Logitech gear-drive wheel as a "Belt System", the liberal use of "gamer red" across the wheel base, the frequent referral to an FAQ that doesn't exist, and the RGB lighting on the wheel base (just... why?) do not inspire confidence.

I want it to be everything they claim and more, but I'm not willing to gamble $450-600 on it to find out.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years