Moving R3E install on an SSD

It should be fine.
There are only two problems though.
1 being the R3E User folder in documents will be looking at elsewhere so when you launch the game from it's new location, it will create a new folder instead of using the old one. That's of course unless you manually edit the path in GameInstallDir.ini

Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

2nd issue might be in the registry. Hopefully the game will trigger the launcher setup so that it can reorganize registry according to the change in the path.

If not, I suggest running "verify local game files" in Steam which should trigger the launcher setup.

just a quick thought;
load times......
old fashion game ; everything is on your hard drive , you fire it up and see an improvement from old hd to new ssd times
R3e ; although lots of its on your pc a lot of it is web interfaces , so loading times are dependant on ... your connection/your ping and lastly , the r3e server ..; so if that runs at x speed it wont get any faster just because you have it installed on a faster hd/ssd

just a thought

Andi

I think that's exactly the reason, Andi. It's a shame because loading a track should be nice and snappy, but as you said, the always online requirement is the nature of the beast with R3E and this is an unwelcome side affect.

just a quick thought;
load times......
old fashion game ; everything is on your hard drive , you fire it up and see an improvement from old hd to new ssd times
R3e ; although lots of its on your pc a lot of it is web interfaces , so loading times are dependant on ... your connection/your ping and lastly , the r3e server ..; so if that runs at x speed it wont get any faster just because you have it installed on a faster hd/ssd

just a thought

Andi

57/43Mb download/upload speed should be enough so that it doesn't take 2 minutes to load an empty track then.

once again it would depend on your connection and the servers !!

i dont want this to sound flipant but it is from both sides as such , and the game isnt just loading the track i assume, its loading the track , checking security , syncing session with your stats , - etc

Andi

Last edited:
And 3 years later it's still the main reason I rarely bother with this game. Crippled by design.

Stops their Intellectual Property being stolen and crudely ported into other sims though,I haven't seen Chang circuit ripped to any other sim.
I agree it can be frustrating at times,But I also have to agree it's a smart move by the Devs to protect their property from thieves.

Stops their Intellectual Property being stolen and crudely ported into other sims though,I haven't seen Chang circuit ripped to any other sim.
I agree it can be frustrating at times,But I also have to agree it's a smart move by the Devs to protect their property from thieves.
And from customers.

And accessing content for free illegally is still not theft, in case you care about intellectual honesty as much as intellectual property.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%