Moving from UK to Italy with 8020 sim rig

Guys I'm looking for options for my big move. Let me explain a bit: I've been living in the UK for 4 years and in the meantime I bought a 8020 Simlab GT1 Evo. This summer at the end of June I decided to move back to my country, Italy, and I need to find a way to send securely my sim rig. Now, I tried to calculate from various international parcel companies such as UPS, Parcelforce, DHL etc. but they all tell me that my parcel, even if I disassemble it, is too big. I'm sure there are options, but I can't find online any example of people doing the same and I'm lost among numerous websites for parcels deliveries. Did anyone here in Racedepartment do a similar thing? Any suggestion, experience to share to give me a little bit of hope? I would like to prepare everything in time and have peace in my mind knowing that my precious staff will travel safe!

Last edited:
Hi. Forget parcel couriers, you need an international pallet delivery.

If its less than 120cm you will get away with a half pallet - but if more you will be looking at a double/oversized pallet. There is nothing to stop you from sending it vertically to fit on a single pallett, but you will need to securely strap it down.

You'll need to be able to get it to the kerbside for the pallet truck - but I've moved some large objects using them and IMO they are generally better than regular couriers - and much cheaper!

You'll find loads of options and quotes through a search engine.

Good luck with the move btw, sorry to see Europeans go. Half of us Brits want you to stay :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your very kind answer :) I’ll have a look at that. It was in my original plan to go back to my country but the combo of Covid and Brexit speeded things up a lot. Many of the advantages I had staying here in London disappeared all of a sudden, and now unfortunately I don’t have anything that pushes me to stay. PS: I will probably ask you other things in the next days if you don’t mind :D

Upvote 0
Hi Michele, I've found this thread because I'm thinking of moving from Spain to another European country or the UK, and of course I'd like to move the sim with me :D So I'd like to ask you what you finally did and how that experience was.
In my case, it's a Playseat Challenge, with a g29, the computer and the screen. I don't own a car, but renting a car for the move is really expensive (and if I went to the UK/Ireland, too tricky too).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back