Mouse Steering Indicator

Apps Mouse Steering Indicator 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
kakakakkaka submitted a new resource:

Mouse Steering Indicator - cursor for mouse steering

Mouse Steering Indicator is an iRacing inspired visual aid for sim racers that use mouse.
It renders transparent grid with a point that precisely tells you how much gas, brake and steer your device outputs.
It will make you faster and more consistent.
Best to be used with FreePIE/vJoy where front and back mouse movements are mapped to gas and brake.
As for today AC doesn't let you do that from the options menu.
Enjoy.
View attachment 487902
[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

I see this is the discussion page. In the URL, this is a "thread". The button to come here is titled "Ask a question".

Thank you for making this. I hope you'll update and maintain this.

(taken from my review)
Improvements to be made as of now, version 0.3.

Necessary improvements.:
- A proper more prominent center is necessary. Clearly seeing the center will help massively. When the car suddenly oversteers, and you have to quickly save the car from spinning... where's the center? Oops, i was slightly off on the center haha...
- Can you add setting to make the pointer a single solid color? (color should be configurable. GUI as RGB sliders/-+ buttons is simple to make but not user friendly, but you can have buttons for preconfigured colors though)

Good improvements:
- Do you think the module can be made not transparent? I tried changing each three instances of the function "ac.glColor4f" and each two of "ac.setBackgroundOpacity", that didn't do it. Seems like custom UI modules are stuck being transparent unless Kunos allow non-transparency.

Last edited:
I think we will need the freepie script that uses the x and y axis of the mouse in order for us to use it in game. i tried to search for it but i can't find one that uses the both axis of the mouse...

Edit: I actually managed to find one script from a flight sim. was needed just some minor sensibility adjustment and done.
Video of me using it with the app:

Last edited:
you dont need that, it throws an error in "py_log_txt" on exit, but not a game braker.

# def shutdown(self):
# ac.removeItem(self.settingsWindow)
# ac.removeItem(self.appWindow)

btw, this is for Lists and their items, no need to remove anything on exit
ac.removeItem(listwindow, id)

Is there a way to use this externally in other windowed mode games or applications?? I want this indicator in other simracing games too..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back