Mouse pointer disappears with VR

I’m not a fan of head look controls in VR and am more than happy to stick with a mouse for making menu selections in game. My problem is that every so often the mouse pointer disappears and, having turned off head/gaze control I’m left unable to select anything.

I’m using Steam VR with an Odyssey HMD if that makes a difference or causes issues? I’m also using a CSL Elite so may be able to use the D pad on the wheel but would much prefer to stick with mouse control.

Am I missing something in the settings within the game, Steam VR or my PC settings. I have no other issues with mouse control when not running AMS2.

....and yes you’re right in thinking I’m not very technically savvie.:)

I also use VR. With gaze control fully disabled in the VR options menu, I don't get any problems with the mouse pointer disappearing. I'm on a Rift S... perhaps this is an issue with the Odyssey specifically?

Perhaps, or something within my steamvr settings. Thankfully it’s a rare occurrence but annoying when it does show its head. At least I know it’s not (Or shouldn’t be ) a gaze control issue if you’ve also got it turned off.

I‘ll have to keep aware of what I’m doing during my menu selections to see if I can replicate it and track down the cause.

It’s not stopping my enjoyment though, haven’t touched AC since the Hockenheim update.

This happens when your mouse pointer on your desktop mirror (the screen that shows what you see in VR) moves over to another screen.
To re-enable it... move the mouse cursor on your desktop back over to the mirror screen and left click. That should reset it.

common problem with SteamVR.

Should this be an issue if the mirror is full screen? I’ll check my settings as I can’t remember if it’s on full screen or borderless.

Thanks for the info, that will stop me quitting and restarting!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%