Mounting options Sim Lab P1

GEO147

Premium
Hey I have a P1 and have the Fanatec Shifter and Handbrake. The handbrake is attached to the right of the shifter but that isn't ideal. Anyone any advice on where else on rig I could attach or a better setup idea.

wsu5av.jpg

Seems to be fairly limited as to where the handbrake can go. Just seems lie when I see guys streaming they have the perfect setup. And although your is decent it looks like the mounting position of the handbrake limits the height the shifter can go

Upvote 0
Does that help show the flexibility I have. I actually very much like how things are right now. It feels very natural to me.

The main limitation is because of the bend in the handbrake lever. I don't want to run my hand into the handbrake lever in 3rd or 5th gear.

As you can see I could move the sick up further, rotate it and move the hand brake up and down.
When my Heusinkveld hand brake gets here I'll be able to change the bend of the brake to give me more clearance.
handbrakemount.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn’t use the mounting plate as I wanted my handbrake closer to the wheel, so I mounted it directly to the inside of the right upright profile using the holes on the handbrake case itself, only problem is one of those holes is too close to the metal mount inside so you can’t normally put a bolt through that hole as it won’t sit flush on the inside of the case, so I dremelled down one side of two washers to make it work.

40593074143_0f7dd462e2_z.jpg

Upvote 0
That looks promising. Not sure what you mean with the washers but maybe I will understand when I try the same .

Both sides of the case have four mounting holes but if you take the case off you will see the back upper right one is too close to the mount for the pivot point or whatever you call it for the arm of the handbrake, so I cut down two washers to place around that hole to make it usable, if someone was mounting it like this on the left of their rig it would work fine but on the right it has a bit of a design error, here’s a photo.

1575-E66-B-83-E9-4-C43-B76-D-9545-A374227-B.jpg

This way of mounting might not work for everyone but it was the easiest way I knew to get it closer to the wheel. If you try it make sure to give a few millimetres clearance at the top to put the case cover back on without touching the bottom of the wheel deck.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing