Mounting accessories on Non-8020 rigs

Lots of great info here, just wish I would’ve found it sooner before I upgraded my entire setup. I’ve had a sim for the last half decade and typically only used it to familiarize myself with tracks that I was going to race my radical SR3 on. After all the talk of iracing the last year, I finally decided to get a new gaming rig and upgrade my entire setup. I got rid of my
Rseat RS1 and the entire fanatec CSW setup I had. I ended up going with the following:

desktop with a 3090 and i9
My older LG curved 55in oled
Rseat N1
DD2
Simworx pedals
HK handbrake and SQ shifter
Prosim H pattern shifter
Bunch of tactile gear to install
Virpil flight controls
Button box with elgato streamdeck

with my limited knowledge of sim gear, I basically stayed with the things I sort of knew about. The N1 works well, looks gorgeous, but seems to be configured for more off the shelf components. Looking back on it, I should’ve gone with an 8020 rig since I wanted to add so many different things to it, but sort of stuck with the N1 for now. I got the basics installed such as the base and pedals, but hopefully looking for some ideas for the rest of the rig and mounting the other components.

the main issue I’m having is mounting the HK handbrake, SQ shifter, and the center flight control stick/rudder pedals. I’d also like to mount my monitor to the rig if possible. I wasn’t sure if that’s recommended though, especially since I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on a prosimu P5MP setup. That means I have to keep the base free so I can attach it to the motion platform.

now that I’ve done the smart thing and did all my research post purchase (lol), does anyone have any tips for mounting things to non 8020 rigs? I have no problem doing some fabrication work if need be, and have plenty of materials experience from working on my race car and RC turbine jets/Helis. I would rather not have a ton of man hours wrapped up in it though, as it may make more sense to dump the N1 and just order an 8020 rig. I saw some really creative solutions from people posting their setups online, and was impressed with what some came up with.

I also really liked the cube controls wheels, and wondering if there is any wireless options that will work with my current DD2 setup. That may be a long shot and the fanatec wheeis are definitely a nice bit of gear, but id prefer to have something aftermarket if the cordless is an option. Either way, any advice would be appreciated.
Definitely learned I should probably research a bit better before I go off on and order everything. Lesson definitely learned on that one. Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%