Mounting a Seat to an 80/20 Rig

I recently decided to dedicate a bit more time to my sim racing hobby and have decided that I’m going to pick up a 4Play 80/20 rig. So…I decided to check the local classifieds just for fun to see if there were any seats for sale. I happened to run across the Sparco Torino 2 that you see here. The price was more than right, so grabbed it. Even though I haven’t ordered the rig yet (need a few more weeks), I’m not sure how to mount the seat to the 80/20 profile.

It would appear that the seat has rails for sliding back/forth but I see no way to release the mechanism or how I would mount the whole thing to the rig (certainly additional brackets/mounts are needed).

Any help/advice is very much appreciated. Links are also appreciated if they would be useful.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,784
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,718
  • IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,654
Last edited:
On image 3600, on each side of the slider are two bolts facing inward, there should be a handle that tension mounts onto the two bolts on each side. Moving this handle upwards releases the locking mechanism on the sliders. You could probably make a replacement as this is an older version.

Example: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/1GkAAOSwIQdZLih5/s-l300.jpg

Another example picture, the handle is visible sticking out the front under the seat: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/att...ver-seat-w-sparco-rail-slider-0213131310a.jpg

Upvote 0
I took these pics to the garage and see what you mean - that bar is missing, which completely makes sense. The inward facing bolts appear to actually be posts, which makes sense if I’m understanding this particular tension mount. So I’m assuming that the bar that you lift up has holes in it that fit over the posts? If that is the case, I don’t see why I couldn’t make something without too much trouble...(famous last words).

Thanks for your reply!

Upvote 0
As far as mounting it you should get a few extra T-bolts with the racing rig.Use those and some bolts on the bottom of the sliders. The T bolts are the flat threaded pieces that go inside the slots on the 8020.I have one of the 4play rigs and it is great,very adjustable and stable.

Upvote 0
Do you mind if I ask which model you have? I was planning on the “race” or “race wide”.

I’ve never used 80/20 or had a rig but I believe I’m following what you are saying. Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0
I took these pics to the garage and see what you mean - that bar is missing, which completely makes sense. The inward facing bolts appear to actually be posts, which makes sense if I’m understanding this particular tension mount. So I’m assuming that the bar that you lift up has holes in it that fit over the posts? If that is the case, I don’t see why I couldn’t make something without too much trouble...(famous last words).

Thanks for your reply!
Before you do anything homemade, I might try reaching out to Sparco to see if they could send you one. The newer style slips over instead of having those two posts (I think it might be more secure), but for what we are using it for with our sims, not really a big deal. Another option is to buy a cheap knock-off slider kit just for the bar (throw away the knock-off sliders) on Amazon or eBay that mounts to the two posts. It might not fit exactly, but it would be easier than starting from scratch for that bar.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Sparco/879/0...dvKpuIF1S5XF8P-0zMV-kni2XH7A6iTEaAtM1EALw_wcB

Upvote 0
Before you do anything homemade, I might try reaching out to Sparco to see if they could send you one. The newer style slips over instead of having those two posts (I think it might be more secure), but for what we are using it for with our sims, not really a big deal. Another option is to buy a cheap knock-off slider kit just for the bar (throw away the knock-off sliders) on Amazon or eBay that mounts to the two posts. It might not fit exactly, but it would be easier than starting from scratch for that bar.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Sparco/879/0...dvKpuIF1S5XF8P-0zMV-kni2XH7A6iTEaAtM1EALw_wcB
On your local auto parts store about 28 dollar, only nameless brand works fine

Upvote 0
I recently decided to dedicate a bit more time to my sim racing hobby and have decided that I’m going to pick up a 4Play 80/20 rig. So…I decided to check the local classifieds just for fun to see if there were any seats for sale. I happened to run across the Sparco Torino 2 that you see here. The price was more than right, so grabbed it. Even though I haven’t ordered the rig yet (need a few more weeks), I’m not sure how to mount the seat to the 80/20 profile.

It would appear that the seat has rails for sliding back/forth but I see no way to release the mechanism or how I would mount the whole thing to the rig (certainly additional brackets/mounts are needed).

Any help/advice is very much appreciated. Links are also appreciated if they would be useful.
I have the HD platform for dd wheel from 4play Racing and I can say it is a solid build. No flex whatsoever. I have my seat from an auto junkshop and has the same railings as your seat. I'm at work right now but will show you a pic when I get home.

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for the replies! I called Sparco (fantastic customer service by the way) and they confirmed that the rails were not theirs. However, a quick look at things with a friend this evening and I think there is any easy fix on the way this weekend.

I’ll post pics once done to help the next guy!

Upvote 0
When your friend/neighbor is a fabricator and welder, 5 minutes of his time and a couple beers solves the problem. Now to give it a coat of black paint and we're good to go.

Thanks to all for the help and photos!

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 832
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%