Motorsport Manager to Add GT Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Motorsport Manager GT Update.jpg

Playsport Games confirm GT racing will be coming to Motorsport Manager this February 22nd.

Motorsport Manager, the best selling racing management simulation focused on the world of top level F1 style open wheel racing is to receive a substantial update in the coming days, with several enhancements and expansions to the core game base - not least of which will be the inclusion of two new closed cockpit GT racing championships.

"The GT Pack brings a fresh and exciting challenge, expanding our world of motorsport to the thrilling environment of closed-wheel racing! Managers can fight it out in two series, the proving ground of the GT Challenger Series and the prestigious International GT Championship, with both championships populated with new teams, drivers and staff" said Playsport on the official MM Facebook page.
With the addition of GT racing - a long requested feature from many fans of the series, it will be interesting to see if Playsport look to expand the number of motorsport series further in future updates. With Motorsport Manager offering a very solid base software, this latest DLC may prove to be the first of many new and exciting motorsport forms due to be added to the game.

Motorsport Manager - Create Your Own Team DLC.jpg

Additional to the GT Challenger and International GT Championships, fans will also be looking forward to receiving some further good news come release day. Due to be added as a free DLC, Playsport have developed a 'Create your own team' feature, where players can create your own brand new team from scratch and build up your infrastructure and resources as you look to take on the established names within your chosen series. In my opinion this is a very good move by the developers and is sure to be an exceptionally popular addition to the title.

"The player will be able to customise their team colours, name, logo and uniform. The update gives the player greater control by allowing them to create and personalise their very own team, and to be their own chairman" said Playsport of the new create your own team feature.
It is not known at this time if the team creation feature will be available across all disciplines of racing within Motorsport Manager, or if the new functionality will be limited to just the original open wheel content.

As well as the two new DLC packages coming to the game players can also look forward to a hefty update to the main software itself, bringing the build up to version 1.3 and addressing a number of areas of the simulation. No details have officially been revealed by the developers as to what build 1.3 will contain, however having seen a leaked changelog online already it looks like it will be a rather sizeable update indeed...

In other Motorsport Manager related news the developers have confirmed a new boxed version of the title, including all DLC released to date, will hit store shelves on Friday 22nd March. The boxed release will be available in the UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, France, Nordics, Australia, Poland, Hungary and Benelux.

The Motorsport Manager GT Series will be available as additional DLC content on Wednesday 22nd February and will retail for £5.99/$7.99/€7.99

Motorsport Manager GT Update 2.jpg
Motorsport Manager GT Update.jpg

Motorsport Manager is a motorsport management simulation for PC, Linux and Mac. If you want to keep abreast of the latest news, discuss the game with your fellow fans or simply download a mod or two for the game then we have you covered! Check out our Motorsport Manager sub forum and see what you can find!

Looking forward to the new update and GT content? What sort of new features would you like to see alongside the GT release? Do you still enjoy MM? What series / cars would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
GIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOW!

They really seem to have thought about how to develop this brand and you can see how they can easily release additional incremental add ons (I expect charged for but that's to be expected think $7.99 is affordable for the majority).

The cost of such add ons if kept down can bring this game to the top of many peoples wish lists they could add new tracks (pretty much unlimited real or fictional options) and then different car types the obvious Nascar (or MM Nas Motors) will appeal to our American friends and then .. well the limit with modding as well it is pretty much unlimited.

Very happy this is coming and don't mind the delay. I do sometimes wonder if the developers read these forums (2D mode and GT cars are what a lot of people requested). On the off-chance that they do, I'll post some feedback before we get the DLC.

I was hoping the DLC for this would take a slightly different route. I was hoping we'd have multiple makes and models of car, and everyone was a customer team. Less development and smaller budgets, but the ability to switch to different cars which had different strengths and weaknesses (and prices reflecting those). Similar to GT3 for example - lots of cars, lots of customer teams, achieving approximately the same result.

The inclusion of ERS systems is awesome, but I was hoping that would be more Prototype based - which would be similar to the single seaters in that there is more development. It is a little disappointing to have a GT series which all the cars are the same and you don't buy a new car every 2-4 years.

This isn't a complaint, just what I personally would've preferred to see. The game is still absolutely brilliant (and much better than I expected), so I'll buy and love this DLC. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%