Motorsport Manager Review/First Impressions

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Well I only got 5 hours into this game, but what a good game this is!

The tutorial has been very helpful understanding how the game is played, very complete, with useful information for the player. It took me I think 2 races to get familiar with the game settings.

The settings I put were long distance races, which could vary between 35-50 laps (maybe laps less or more than the minimum/maximum). You can actually set how long the races are, and the difficulty is set by how long the race is and how well you manage your cars.

The cars have a real degradation factor and could ruin your entire race depending how well you perform.

I didn't grab a top tier team in the low tier Euro Series (you can play all tiers, you just have to choose) a team, but I got a team with some good drivers, a balanced cars, OK staff, but the HQ facilities are poor, so I got myself a challenge. Creating parts is a must and improve their reliability and performance, even the stock ones is key for good performances. Strategies too and practices help quite a lot, though I feel practices lack more time to get a good feeling of the car and how the race will play out. 12 minutes is kind of short to get a good feeling.

I could go really into the review of this game, but so far this game will consumes hours of my playtime.

Final Fantasy XV, you better be a DAMN GOOD GAME, because I just found my new favorite time killer I guess.

What you guys think about it so far?

I didn't grab a top tier team in the low tier Euro Series (you can play all tiers, you just have to choose) a team, but I got a team with some good drivers, a balanced cars, OK staff, but the HQ facilities are poor, so I got myself a challenge. Creating parts is a must and improve their reliability and performance, even the stock ones is key for good performances. Strategies too and practices help quite a lot, though I feel practices lack more time to get a good feeling of the car and how the race will play out. 12 minutes is kind of short to get a good feeling.

Stay off my Vexala Motorsport!!:mad:
And use your voting power to change the practice times if you need it ^^, I like the short practice sessions.

With that being said, there might be some frustrating features in the game, but I'll wait until I have played more to see if it's the case or not. Done 4 races, the first one went totally wrong, then it was a bit better :)

Stay off my Vexala Motorsport!!:mad:
And use your voting power to change the practice times if you need it ^^, I like the short practice sessions.

With that being said, there might be some frustrating features in the game, but I'll wait until I have played more to see if it's the case or not. Done 4 races, the first one went totally wrong, then it was a bit better :)
****, I didn't know about the practice voting. LOLS.

I done 4 or 5 races thus far with SILVA RACING (GO BRASIL) and I'm getting good results, my second driver is in second in the standings while the other is seventh :p

****, I didn't know about the practice voting. LOLS.

I done 4 or 5 races thus far with SILVA RACING (GO BRASIL) and I'm getting good results, my second driver is in second in the standings while the other is seventh :p

Each year there are some voting on the rules with the GMA, so choose your voting smartly ;)

Oh damn, when I read poor HQ facilities I assumed it was Vexala, as they have the worst :p
I haven't had your success either ;p But I am looking good to get the top 5 in the teams championship as expected.

Oh, I also had a fun little discovery when scouting a driver, a personality trait was "Pay Driver". Gave a set sum of money each race, halfed if he was used only during practice. I liked that detail! :) (didn't sign him, his feedback skill was awful)

@Lorenzo Bonder

HwNzNVk.jpg

Seems like my team have some rather unfriendly fans!

Hello there sorry if this discussion is not for solving problems but i wanna play this game so bad but every time when i start the game it shows a pink screen then the intro and then everything is pink you can just see the backround nothing else.Can you help me please??

Decent base to work from but several things have to change if it's going to last beyond the novelty stage

- Commercial /sponsorship model. There isn't one, basically. See GPW for how to do it properly.
- Fixing an engine / gearbox during a pitstop at the cost of a few extra seconds? No.
- Future driver contracts can't be done, you either have to sign them there and then and sack your existing drivers or not at all.
- Suppliers / works deals etc. Non-existent. I'm quite concerned about this and it's not the sort of thing you can just mod in. Again, see GPW. I don't understand why this part of the game is so barebones.

There's plenty to like, of course. The race engine is very nicely done and, in fact, single races are what I'm enjoying most. I hope this is just the beginning and that the above are added and expanded on in modular fashion by the devs because if they are then it can become the gold-standard for "F1" management games.

Eager to see where they go with it but also apprehensive - these F1 style management games have been nothing but a series of disappointments for two decades now.
-
-

The three first points are clear derivatives from this originally being a mobile game.
There are no works deal, and the only suppliers deal you get is at the end of each season, again something that most likely are mobile-game legacy.

I honestly do think that they will need 2-3 games to get the modes refined and properly done, hopefully they will sell enough for SEGA to be willing to publish it. This needs a Football Manager - style fanbase, I really hope it gets it, as this is the best "F1"/F1 manager game since the 90's. Also the only one that actually have potential!

Yup, agreed there!
Compared to the "old" F1 manager games it has pluses and negatives, but overall I think it fits in there quite well considering how games and gaming have moved on since the late 90s.

As thegreatradish said, I would like more 'commercial' elements to the manager like negotiating works deals and sponsors. But for now its a good start, happy to pay the price it is for the game I've bought. I've only managed a few hours, but it looks like it has a long-term gameplay when it comes to building up from not-gp3/formulaford all the way to the top.

It can run quite happily in my collection alongside GPW. So glad it still works on win7, bring back micropose!

It's "almost there", isn't it? I would be more than happy to pay for multiple DLCs to flesh it out. Maybe that's their plan, and I'm cool with that - I'll throw money at the damn thing to get it to do the things I mentioned above.

They are a business after all and making the most complete F1 management game ever for £25 wouldn't get them very far. So long as they continue to build on it and take it in the correct direction, I will support it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 413 40.0%