Motorsport Manager 'Everyone's a Winner' Update Due December 15th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Motorsport Manager - Everyone's a Winner Update.jpg

Playsport games have revealed a free update to the epic Motorsport Manager game will be deployed on December 15th - bringing a new 2D race option with the aim of reducing the processing power required to run the simulation and open up opportunity for those with less powerful machines to enjoy the title.

Surprisingly graphics intensive for a management sim, Motorsport Manager has sadly alienated many potential fans with the relatively steep machine requirements up to this point. Playsport have worked to address this issue with the new update, adding a new 2D mode which lets players switch instantly between the 2D and 3D visual of the race. The plan is for the 2D mode to "enable lower spec laptops and desktops to run the game by changing the full 3D race engine for a less graphically intensive overhead view". This is a pleasing development from the studio and shows a very encouraging commitment to the needs of the games potential audience.

Also due to be released as part of the December 15th update are a number of bug fixes most requested by the Motorsport Manager community, including a blue flag fix and improved AI pit strategies. Furthermore, Playsport have confirmed they are working towards launching Steam Workshop support early in 2017, possibly as soon as February next year.

15/12/2016 Patch Notes:

• Fixed an issue where some teams would pick too many risky parts
  • Fixed an issue where too many cars would run out of fuel before the end of a race
  • Improved AI pit strategies
  • Fixed an issue where a significant number of cars would break down near the end of the race
  • Blue flags no longer slow cars down but they do move out of the way
  • Fix to database importing on Linux machines without en-US locale installed

Updated minimum spec:
Windows

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVIDIA GT 335M, 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
  • DirectX: Version 10.1
  • Hard Drive: 16 GB available space
Mac OS X
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
  • Hard Drive: 16 GB available space
Linux
  • Graphics: nVIDIA GT 335M, 512MB or AMD Radeon HD 4670, 512MB or Intel HD 4000 series
  • Storage: 16 GB available space

Motorsport Manager is available for Windows PC, Mac and Linux right now. The 'Everyone's a Winner' update will automatically download on Thursday 15th December.

Motorsport Manager is a new motorsport management simulation for PC, Linux and Mac. If you want to keep abreast of the latest news, discuss the game with your fellow fans or simply download a mod or two for the title then we have you covered! Check out our Motorsport Manager sub forum and see what you can find!

Are you enjoying MM? Looking forward to the update? Will the reduced minimum specs when running 2D mode encourage you to pick up the title if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Humm, I thought it would have more zoom 3D...not 2D. Currently, you can't see the nice liveries on the cars in 3D mode while in action so having nice paint jobs on the cars doesn't really matter that much....so sad..lol.

A patch to finally fix the blue flag issues days after a community member has come up with a fix... convenient. If they actually have fixed the fuel running out issue then good, otherwise this game is done for me.

Thoroughly enjoying this game and those fixes are pretty much all the annoying ones for me which is nice, agree that a closer and further zoom would be great in 3D.

Looking forward to the workshop content from the community next year.

Really disappointed with this update.

I don't know what the devs have been doing, but the 'blue flag fix' has now made the problem even worse. Seriously, I just caught up to two battling backmarkers, my driver was in 2nd, around 25 seconds ahead of the 3rd placed car. Every time one backmarker let me through, the other would fail to do so and the backmarker that let my guy through would just un-lap themselves. This process repeated until the 3rd placed car managed to close the 25 second gap in about 2 laps, overtaking my driver.

As well as this, if there is a car anyway near you on a qualifying lap, they hold you up by 2-3 seconds minimum. Why can't they just let you through as they would in real life, meaning you lose practically no time at all?

Have they actually tested the blue flag 'fix', or just hoped it works? Really disappointed. The game is almost unplayable as it is currently.

that´s no AI blue flag fix! Just experienced in my first try with new update. Race in Montreal long GP2....my car was on 5th place, and had backmarker lap down in 12th....yet they fight my guy all the way through the lap, like for position because he had a bit fresher tyres on. No need to mention that in one lap 7th place driver sneak infront of us in the meantime.... seriousely....they ruined the good stuff, rather than repared.

Strange you guys are still seeing blue flag issues, I havent noticed any issues through my one season in predator. Ill have to test this some more but there were times I was actually really really hoping for the blue flag issues to crop up so I can close the gap to the leaders haha but it just never happened.

-Fixed an issue where too many cars would run out of fuel before the end of a race

This is clearly not working for me, I just made up 6 spots on the final lap and cars running out with over a lap to go don't come in the pits for a top up.
Also cars still getting held up when Blue flags are shown, not as bad as it was but it still happens too much.

-Fixed an issue where too many cars would run out of fuel before the end of a race

This is clearly not working for me, I just made up 6 spots on the final lap and cars running out with over a lap to go don't come in the pits for a top up.
Also cars still getting held up when Blue flags are shown, not as bad as it was but it still happens too much.
This game is unplayable still due to this. It's fine in WMC but any championship with refueling, 5 cars on average running out within the last 2 laps. Devs are having a joke. With so many people complaining about the blue-flag issues for so long, this bigger game-breaker just gets ignored patch after patch.

blue flags are still issue. Sometimes they let you by, but most of the time they try to fight you back, esp. on newer tyres. I also experienced that my 2nd chap who was to be passed for a lap by teammate....ignored my order to let teammate go. He did it...eventually...after 4-5 corners, with some complaining as well ;)

So they released a Christmas patch to fix some issues (mainly refueling problems), and then a second patch to fix what they broke in the first Christmas patch. I haven't had the chance to test yet but reading Steam forums, it seems like the second has left the game with even more issues than before? Maybe time to give up hope and come back in 6 months and see if it's finished then. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 309 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 206 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 156 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%