Motorsport Manager Editor

Motorsport Manager Editor Alpha 3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, I've got the mod working and I've managed to change the names of the drivers, however when I get to Championship Standings Screen all the names disappear and just have a '-' next to them. Is their another file you have to change to fix this? It's the same when I change Team names

Anyone getting errors now, ensure you extract both Drivers.txt AND Teams.txt before you start playing..

I was getting very annoyed I was getting errors when trying to edit the drivers data before creating / importing the Teams.txt ... all of a sudden all the errors went away!

*EDIT*

Ok, I am also getting the Errors with "-" on Driver standings and Team view page. Screenies attached.

DC

Last edited:
possible to get mechanics, engineers, scouts to be read and shown in your program too?
also does anyone know what values apply, to which statistics? minimums and maximums? just curious if someone figured this out already? some figures are confusing in the driver stats, 1-10? 0-200? 0-100?
great work @Wasserlasser thx for sharing!

same here with errors in names, teams and etc. seems to be or has to do something with CHARACTER CODING, tried even 1-2 letter changes only and names don't show anymore. replaced by "-"
not sure why...i couldn't figure it out.

***EDIT*** update, after checking and looking around, original files seem to be in UTF-8 coding, and your program/ editor changes these to UTF-8-BOM (not sure what this means though)

Hi guys,thanks for the editor, its a great idea however i seem to be doing something wrong...i went through and changed driver details to the 2017 lineup, ive checked tht i havnt got more than the 3 drivers per team (ie 2 race seats and a reserve) however when i boot the game and go to select a team the game just shuts down, no error messeges or anything, does anyone know what iv done wrong? im on the latest patch through steam, all i really want is the correct 2017 teams and drivers (at least the confirmed ones) so if anyone has a working resource file tht they could share id be greatly appreciative :)

UPDATE so i copied the text from the "legends mod" for all the f1 driver names as its them i want without the legend and fantasy leagues, and pasted it in the drivers txt, the game works and the team i choose has correct driver names (vettel raikonnen etc, however im getting blank names in other teams and the standings as others have said...

UPDATE2. i took my working "legends mod" drivers.txt (all drivers names show correctly in game) and used the editor to swap verstappen and kvjat. the game works and shows the correct drivers (ie max and danny ric at red bull) but now all the names in standings etc are blank, i also tried changing the drivers manually in the drivers.txt so that verstappen was "in line" directly under ricciardo just in case that made a difference but i still get blank names in game. not sure whats going on here and why the legends mod shows all real names without problems? thanks in advance

Last edited:
So after extracting the .assets file, I started to edit the drivers and teams. I changed all drivers and teams to real life ones, so also GP2, GP3, F3 and some F4 drivers & teams.

As soon as I want to start a new game or race weekend the game shuts down.

I already invested 4 hours into editing everything, I really want to fix that. Could the problem be that some drivers dont have a weight and some other details are also blank, I always edited contract length ? Is there a certain way to type in traits ?

I also heavily changed driver abilities, statistics and also edited Team statistics and their wealth, so basically anything.

I might redo the teams editing, but editing all drivers again would just be too time consuming.

I hope someone has a tip.

Edit: I also changed some drivers star rating

Edit 2: The game also shut down when I only just edited Teams or edited Drivers

Edit 3: The game also shut down when I only change the names of the "F1" Drivers

Last edited:
So I just spent the last 2 hours playing around, and every time I thought I was getting somewhere with this sodding error it got me again.

Firstly, I thought it was the tool.. so convinced of this I edited the entire teams and drivers files (including D.O.B, nationality and team colours) manually on notepad... and it didn't solve the error (all data worked, except standing etc as per above).

So I tried it using Wordpad, but just tried changing one name... It worked!! All names and teams Showed.

Next I tried setting .txt files to be opened by Wordpad by default and then tried the took.. only changed one name.. again it worked! Woo finally I cracked it!!

Next I tried editing all names and teams (and females to males) using the tool... AGAIN the error comes back.

There is more trial and error I could run, but my god I'm getting frustrated! It could be linked to the changing of females to males, or chancing team names.. or something completely different!

Just thought I'd perhaps help out by telling you my trial and errors!

Thanks for all your feedback. I am busy at work this week but will work on this more over the weekend to see if we can provide a solution for all this.

Keep your feedback coming.

i have only tried editing minor things, as long as there is no "guide" to how "values" work and are applied, 0-200? 0-10? 1-20? and so on, i find it hard to edit and change, since it is time consuming and don't want to start from scratch.
- there is something i noticed and going on with "character coding/ set" as i wrote, UTF-8 and UTF-8-BOM, will test some more. (with notepad++ it allows you to change character coding/ set in the fly, so something to experiment with)
- another thing i have not found is, how stars for drivers are made or calculated? haven't found it nor figured it out yet...currently just testing and playing around with "drivers.txt"
- also new drivers which come in later, generated as new young drivers, I have not found that list either "txt"
- would be nice to have the editor with its UI being capable of opening other "txt" files like "scouts, mechanics, engineers and so on"

Quick question: Is there a way to add drivers? I can add them in the text file myself, but then i run into the name error. If I try to add then use the program, the formatting is incorrect and it will crash. Any advice, or should I just stick to editing drivers?

Edit: Yeah, it seems all my problems were solved using wordpad instead of the editor. I'll keep a close eye on this thread to see future releases.

Last edited:
- character set/ coding for me solved it, after i edited simply changed coding with "notepad++" all *.txt file to "UTF-8" now all is showing correctly in game, all those "-" (dashes) are gone.

- there is name file somewhere, when you are extracting from the resources.assets, you can see some names, because i noticed driver names from season 4,5 and 6 are NOT in the "drivers.txt", so must be elsewhere

- found two files with many names, not sure how it works and how it acts in game, or used in game, but surely some of the names i know from future season are in these: "Names.txt" and "Second Names.txt"

Last edited:
- character set/ coding for me solved it, after i edited simply changed coding with "notepad++" all *.txt file to "UTF-8" now all is showing correctly in game, all those "-" (dashes) are gone.

cheers rocafella glad to hear u solved the "missing names" error, i have a question tho as iv never used notepad++, can u explain how u changed the coding etc so i can try it on my txt file. i havnt played the game in over a week as i wait for a working "real name" fix and im desperate to get going again lol!! thanks in advance

found two files with many names, not sure how it works and how it acts in game, or used in game, but surely some of the names i know from future season are in these: "Names.txt" and "Second Names.txt"

I just checked Names.txt it appears that it contains every standard driver, but this time everyone is male. For Example Thomas North for Jenson Button instead of Jenny North.

Besides that it contains REAL names of F1s Chief Designers.
"Paddy","Lowe","UK"
"Adrian","Newey","UK"

I also looked into Second Names.txt and also First Names.txt those appear to be part of automatically generating new drivers after 5 or 6 seasons.

I have got the same issues , spend 3,5 hours and now i cant play, anyone figure it out yet?
So after extracting the .assets file, I started to edit the drivers and teams. I changed all drivers and teams to real life ones, so also GP2, GP3, F3 and some F4 drivers & teams.

As soon as I want to start a new game or race weekend the game shuts down.

I already invested 4 hours into editing everything, I really want to fix that. Could the problem be that some drivers dont have a weight and some other details are also blank, I always edited contract length ? Is there a certain way to type in traits ?

I also heavily changed driver abilities, statistics and also edited Team statistics and their wealth, so basically anything.

I might redo the teams editing, but editing all drivers again would just be too time consuming.

I hope someone has a tip.

Edit: I also changed some drivers star rating

Edit 2: The game also shut down when I only just edited Teams or edited Drivers

Edit 3: The game also shut down when I only change the names of the "F1" Drivers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back