Motorsport Manager Coming to PC, Mac and Linux!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Motorsport Manager Formula Car 2.png

Playsport Games and SEGA Publishing Europe Limited have announced the upcoming release for Windows, Mac and Linux of popular iOS and Android sim Motorsport Manager, due to hit the shelves this coming September.

Initially developed for mobile devices, the PC version of the title will benefit from a substantial redevelopment and expansion bringing the product into the mainstream marketplace. As can be expected from a management simulation release, Motorsport Manager offers players the opportunity to take control of their very own open wheel racing team right from through the lower Formula’s to eventually make it on to the world stage and challenge for the World Championship. With factory improvements and staff hiring and development right the way through to creating race strategy, Motorsport Manager aims to become the most detailed racing management simulator available to PC gamers.

Motorsport Manager Release Trailer:

Although not benefiting from an official licence to represent any real world series, Motorsport Manager should provide an interesting and engaging experience for PC race fans. With high quality 3D graphics showcasing all the racing action alongside modern and intuitive menu screens, the lack of official cars, tracks and drivers should not diminish what promises to be an addictive and engaging gaming experience.

Christian West of Playsport Games said:

"As motorsport fans, we’ve been waiting to play a game like this for a long time. That was how the original Motorsport Manager for mobile devices came about.”

“We wanted to take that experience to the next level by building an all new version of Motorsport Manager for PC with massively enhanced gameplay and unparalleled depth. With the help of SEGA, we’re hugely confident of delivering a management experience that fans of motorsport will absolutely love.”

Motorsport Manager is due to release on PC, Mac and Linux September 2016.

Motorsport Manager Track 2.jpg Motorsport Manager Track 1.jpg Motorsport Manager Brakes.jpgMotorsport Manager Formula Car.pngMotorsport Manager Menu.jpg

Do you have an interest in playing a motorsport management simulator? Would you consider purchasing this new game upon release? Have you played this title on your phone? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
If this is as addictive as Football Manager (and I don't like football btw!!) then I see many many hours being lost to this game.

It sounds great, would be awesome with an offical licence but you can't have everything I suppose...
If you can mod the game, is going to be so sweet. You can in FM (SEGA), so I am sure you can here as well.

The original mobile Motorsport Manager game was pretty addictive. But being a mobile game, it just can't be as detailed as it should be (Limited by the RAM, disk space), so after a while it got repetitive but I can tell a PC version without any limitations will be great. I'll definitely be getting this :thumbsup:

How epic would it be to have the management side of things integrated into a "normal" race sim?

Even stuff like adding in a EuroTruck Sim element to carry the freight from factory to track...

It could become a sim racing world type game... Mmmm

Had many a conversation about this with @Bram in the past. The possibilities could be endless.

Just imagine wanting to chat to a mate over TS. Rather than loading up the TS and looking at a blank screen you could load the "sim world" and go to a track while other people are testing and walk round the track with your joystick, find a nice seat in the grandstand and watch some cars while you talk...

Man I could go on for ages on this topic (I smell an article coming :D)

I can live with unlicensed content. But coning from mobiles, I have my doubt it will offer much depth for longer and difficult tasks within the development of a car over a season for example. I just don't feel this will be a "sim" but hope for the best. I loved F1 Manager by a German studio back in the 90s.

Oh man of course, I totally forgot you could mod CM....

Real teams and names... :D :D :D :D

Now if you can create mod tracks that you can watch on the epic looking 3D videos, then happy times ahead.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
I am not sure about modding the liverys, because they change with sponsors, bur drivers and names all the way throug the team (drivers, engineers, ect.). For me real names makes a huge difference.

Yeah I like real names myself I must admit.

Love the idea of bringing an ageing former F1 driver back out of retirement to teach the young charger to become a future race winner...

My team would be:

Chassis: Own design
Engine: lamborghini
Tyres: Goodyear
Team Manager: Ross Brawn
Driver #1: Paul Di Resta
Driver #2: Alex Lynn
Test Driver: Mika Hakkinen ;)

Awesome.

Had this on phone about a year. Had some install issue at first but that was just me trying to download with 4g. Saying that I emailed the dev an he was straight back to me with offers of help, impressed I was. Stopped an started a few times but always engaging, hope the PC version will add some nice layers to a neat little app. :)

How epic would it be to have the management side of things integrated into a "normal" race sim?

Even stuff like adding in a EuroTruck Sim element to carry the freight from factory to track...

It could become a sim racing world type game... Mmmm

Had many a conversation about this with @Bram in the past. The possibilities could be endless.

Just imagine wanting to chat to a mate over TS. Rather than loading up the TS and looking at a blank screen you could load the "sim world" and go to a track while other people are testing and walk round the track with your joystick, find a nice seat in the grandstand and watch some cars while you talk...

This makes me think of adding all that stuff into a Sims game :p Military job, play a game of battlefield, etc

Just wander too far on track or you will get run over and then me in my paramedic sim would have to come and scoop you up lol

I can live with unlicensed content. But coning from mobiles, I have my doubt it will offer much depth for longer and difficult tasks within the development of a car over a season for example. I just don't feel this will be a "sim" but hope for the best. I loved F1 Manager by a German studio back in the 90s.

Was that this game?: http://www.f1managers.com/f1-manager-professional/

This site seems to try to gather information about all the F1 manager games that have been released

Motorsport Manager looks like it will be more slick than the early access Race Team Simulator, though the latter looks quite interesting too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334059290

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%