Resource icon

MotorSport Manager Balance Mod (Part 1) 1.31d

Login or Register an account to download this content
1.2H Released

Interviews
Okay! I have completely fixed and overhauled the Interviews! They work splendidly for the most part. There may still be a few options hidden in the code that aren't activating yet, but I'll unlock them as I play the game.

I will ask anyone who thinks they get an odd Interview question (or crash) let me know about it - I can change how they activate

Rule Changes
I now want to talk about Rule Changes... Namely Rules which currently do Extremely little:

• Pitlane Speeds - Have been seperated more. You will now have a seemingly slow pitlane or a fast one depending on the rule
  • 12 Tyre Allocations - Has been reduced to 9 so now you really have to manage when you use tyres.
  • Costs! These have been increased. It seems the AI can cope with them better due to their new Development Cost Reductions.
    • Pitstops (+£50,000 between Small and Large Pitcrews) - This has quite a large effect anyway with regard to simultaneous pitstops. The price increase is a very secondary consideration.
    • Refueling (+£50,000 between No refueling and refueling equipment) - Again, price is a very secondary consideration, whether refueling helps or hinders you is a more important decision.
    • Tyre Supplyer Costs (£10,000 and £100,000 dependning on which of the two suppliers) - Performance now costs a lot. Cost is now a key consideration when when considering the tyre supplier.
    • Tyre types (Road Tyres, Performance Tyres, Slicks. These are £50,000, £100,000, £150,000, £200,000 and £250,000) - again, performance now costs a lot and depending on how the votes go, you can now lose a lot of money per race.
All in all, there's a new tactic: Either reduce costs for yourself by voting in cheaper rules - allowing you to invest in other areas. Or Increase the costs, which while will bump up your costs, will also increase the costs for the AI - who may then begin to struggle with money and cease developing (despite their bonuses).

Morale Changes
"Happiness with Car" and "Comparison with Teammates Car" have been altered. Happy Faces will keep the status-quo. Orange faces will be a slight decrease in morale, and Red faces will be a big loss in morale.

Redzone Changes
I realised I have accidently added some Redzone to Risky Parts... these have been removed.

As a new feature, any component which has a +/-Reliability change will NOT incur the +10 redzone penality. This is to increase the importance, and thus the incentive, for players to choose a +/- Reliability Part.

This means, the +10 Redzone will ONLY occur on:

• Stock Parts.
  • Which Have a +Performance or +MaxPerformance Stat
It will NOT occur on
  • Designer slot Only Parts.
  • Parts which already mention Redzone
  • Parts which mention reliability
  • Parts which are Risky.

Race Balance
Adjusted the spread of cars (from worst to best). I am trying to create some closer racing while maintaining that you cannot win a race with just a midfield team. If I've inadvertently made the races too easy again. please report back and I'll look at it some more. As you know, finding the best balance is just a matter of tweaking and experimenting.

Personal Stats

I have adjusted the user stat increases to increase more uniformly.

1. RaceManagement. Increases/Decreased by 10% a race, depending on your position. This means that if you have a good season, its going to increase by ~1 per season (10 races) to ~1.6 (16 races).
  2. FinanceManagement increases by 2% per week. It therefore increases by ~1 per season (52 weeks). It will go down 2% any week you are in the red.
  3. LoyalityManagement increases by 3% per week. It therefore increases by ~1.5 per season (52 weeks). It will decrease by 50% if you change teams - which is fair. By default. it goes down by 20% for any firing you commit. As the penalties are big, it is expected that the ~1.5 increase a season will pan out to be an average of 1. Let me know how it all works out.

Things that are put off until the next version
  1. Fanbase still isn't working as intended. I want to do more investigation
  2. Suspension radio messages are apparently still the wrong way around. I want a full list of what else is wrong before I look for and fix that.
  3. I thought it was in my head, but someone else now believes that having an INCREASE in rubber on the track actually makes everyone slower, not quicker. I'll need to look into it completely.--- oddly, i cant find any evidence that track rubber does anything to race pace at all
  4. Tweets and Stuff - I still need to make a proper post on it.
  5. Increase the amount of tweets you get per session.
  6. (forgot to put my interview modded text in the asset folder. The changes are in the file, I just forgot the text file for merging mods)
User Note

If you find an Interview which either (1) does make sense for your race event or (2) crashes the game (yes, they can do that if you somehow get into a situation where a race result contractions all the avaialble interview question conditions) please let me know so I can have a look and fix it.

Patience is advised in case this does indeed happen. It should be a quick fix.

wow. I didn´t check this balance mod so far, but ... i´m very interested, especially if kills those nonsense traits.... like married his teammate...and break out with him...:cry:...yeah, in my 4th season GP3 my drivers Rossi & Fukuzumi went through whole Mexican soap opera inbetween races, which affected the racing, which i think was extremly bizzare.:p

i do have a question, which i can show you later if you want with graphics. Game with Enzoli´s mod works great, appart from some ridicoulous personal traits... :O_o:, but ... after spendng 5 seasons in GP3... now into 6th qualified (season before i rejected promotion) for GP2 grid i noticed some crazy shuffle of drivers. There´s no way... Rosberg,Vettel and some other chaps would run GP2.... and half of F1 grid is filled with some unknown drivers... even one which was sacked by me as reserve driver - yet... Helmut Marko saw future in him and rewarded him with Red Bull ride. Anyway.... there´s no chance it would be such change in 5-6 years, and looks quite strange. Is there an option to make F1 drivers not signing anything below F1? And retired drivers wouldn´t go to drive GP2 after few years? Is that "repairable" ...or there´s nothing to be done?:thumbsdown:

Yeah Dimagico. I'm afraid I don't think this mod is for you based off of what you've stated. The changes I think you want certainly are not within the scope of this mod.

I'd argue that my mod does the opposite :p

Could you let me know how you increased the game speed to 5x 10x? I am comparing both the Assembly-Csharp.dll files but I am unable to spot the difference.

Also is there any way to edit the number of races for each championships?

Could you let me know how you increased the game speed to 5x 10x? I am comparing both the Assembly-Csharp.dll files but I am unable to spot the difference.

Also is there any way to edit the number of races for each championships?

1. Check the first couple of posts in the Editing Assemby thread.

2. Yes, in the Assets Championship.txt you can use the location IDs to set the races you want. Minimum of 2.. maximum untested.

Thanks! I was able to figure out how to modify the number of races. But I am still stuck on how to change the race speed.
After I break up the Assembly file, is it the pdb file that I need to look into?

There will be a patch 1.3 soon, update the of fashion please. He very much is pleasant to me. I for 12 seasons didn't become a champion)))) I only with him will play this game.

Hi, does steam overwrites the mod when it checks for updates?
i've tried it out and i enjoyed, then i quit the game, left steam running and it started downloading some files(not few KB as sometimes happens but more), i installed the game just before trying the mod so i'm pretty sure i had all the updates

I guess that right now steam tries to update your game to 1.31. So with every major update and patch your old files will be replaced. Also I think FlamingReds mod isn't going to work with the new 1.31 patch. So the mod will be too updated for 1.31.

TheFlamingRed updated MotorSport Manager Balance Mod (Part 1) with a new update entry:

New Features in 1.31a

New Features in 1.31a
(from 1.3b normal edition)
Will update the original post in time

Made the Factory less overpowered
I have decreased the number of staff available at level 2, 3 and 4. This is because Factory 2 was far too powerful, and factory 3 was so powerful that factory 4 isn't worth the investment. This is particulary true in this mod where spending more on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello TheFlamingRed. I love your realistic mod.
I think I had a bug with the interview after the race. I answer the first question about the performance of first driver, then during the second question screen is freezing and I can't do anything, neither answer or go back to menu. So I have to close the game and launch it again. I have installed Enzoli mod and Enzoli facepack. I'm playing on a previous saved game, didn't start a new season after have installed your mod. Let me know if you have any solution :)

Last edited:
Hello TheFlamingRed. I love your realistic mod.
I think I had a bug with the interview after the race. I answer the first question about the performance of first driver, then during the second question screen is freezing and I can't do anything, neither answer or go back to menu. So I have to close the game and launch it again. I have installed Enzoli mod and Enzoli facepack. I'm playing on a previous saved game, didn't start a new season after have installed your mod. Let me know if you have any solution :)
This is a known bug we've discussed in the developmental thread. There is a fix coming Monday :) for the time being, skip interviews.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%