Resource icon

Motorsport Database Editor 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Blizzer submitted a new resource:

Motorsport Database Editor - Change Database Modding Files

Donation is not mandatory. Just do it if you want to support me.
Hello guys,

I would like to share with you, not a mod, but an application to help you on modding now that the game have workshop support.

Basically, the application reads the database base files that come with unitypackage provided (On application is on "Files" folder), transform them into a "table" that can be edited and saved on a new file that can be saved directly into Modding Folder.

At the moment, i don't know how to create somethings like championships so i only tested it creating...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Hey I didn't managed to do that what u said but I did something else I used files from 2016 mod and with your tool I imported it in 2015 mod which worked for me before cause I have 1.0.16 version of the game, I didn't made molding databases cause it isn't working 4 me instead I saved it on my desktop and then replaced in mm data and now works fine, everything is good beside the images of teams and sponsors, maybe that's what u should make for your next update of your tool

Hey I didn't managed to do that what u said but I did something else I used files from 2016 mod and with your tool I imported it in 2015 mod which worked for me before cause I have 1.0.16 version of the game, I didn't made molding databases cause it isn't working 4 me instead I saved it on my desktop and then replaced in mm data and now works fine, everything is good beside the images of teams and sponsors, maybe that's what u should make for your next update of your tool

Hi,

Glad to hear that it worked for you in some way.

newCareerSlider.png

The slide that i talk about is this one, on "New Career". You just need to put the saved files on (your game folder)\MM_Data\Modding\Databases and turn this On.

Tell me if it worked for you :)

About Logos, i can do that but i would need someone to explain me how you can alter them to see how i can incorporate it.

Regards

about images u should ask enzoli for help, i dont have that slider , maybe cause i have older version of the game ?
Yes, probably that is the reason. You can create the files anyway, but have to put it on another location (Don't know where but Billy Allen made it so maybe ask him how to do it :)

Hi there! I don't have any files in my Databases files, do I need to start a new career mode before I can use these mods?
Hi!
You need to create them first. The tool only reads the database files provided, you can change them and save on that folder and then on game you can use :)
And yes, you have to start a new career to use your created files.

Excellent Utility.

I've been using CSV conversions with my mod and hope that this tool will continue to be developed so I no longer have to go such conversions to make it work.

For the most part, it work's great on most of the txt files. But other files such as Frontend.txt, tweets.txt and Dilemmas.txt it doesn't like loading them very much.

vfPx23j5j.png

As well as the error, the file above is only loading about 2 dozen lines out of the normal couple of thousand entries.

Is it something I am doing wrong my end? Or is the utility not yet compatible with these more obscure txt files? While I don't believe dilemma/frontend are currently uploadable via the steam workshop, some of the external mods (such as my balance mod) still makes many edits to these files.

Most of these files have "line breaks within a text string (so within a single column)...

...much like this sentence. So I wonder if that's what's causing the issue"

Ontop of this, I have a few people who want to create new content for the game in regard to new tweets/dilemmas/interviews/personality traits(and frontend to make them work) so having these additional files working in the editor would make all of their life a ton easier - and may get more modders on board too.

Either way, it's still a good resource. Keep up the good work.

In all honesty... I don't understand why this wasn't part of their workshop release. So expect this to be "mod of the month".

Last edited:
Hey, I tested your tool and it looks great, but there seems to be a Problem with saving ...
I made some changes to the drivers.txt and then saved it, but in the new file the line Breaks were lost.
The new file looked like this and the game crashed upon strating a new career ...
Unbenannt.PNG

Hey, I tested your tool and it looks great, but there seems to be a Problem with saving ...
I made some changes to the drivers.txt and then saved it, but in the new file the line Breaks were lost.
The new file looked like this and the game crashed upon strating a new career ...
View attachment 171775
It's the first time that i see that. That doesn't look right. I'll send you a message

Is it possible to edit the save?
To be honest, it must be possible but i didn't looked at it yet.

For what i read, the save file is a json format before being turned into bytes. If you can make the bytes turn into json, edit it and then turn it into bytes again i think that would work. But it would required some testing and i don't have code for that yet.

Maybe after this tool fulfill all the needs i look into it :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%