Motorsport | Alfa Romeo Giulia ETCR Car in Development

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Respected Italian motorsport outfit Romeo Ferraris announce stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia electric racer.

With the ever increasing drive to electrify motorsport continuing to gather speed across all forms of our favourite sport, it isn't in the least bit surprising to hear of an electric powered touring car series is set to debut next year, and the Romeo Ferraris outfit responsible for bringing to life the current Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR car are getting in on the action - developing an electric version of the beautiful Alfa Romeo Giulia for next season.

Romeo Ferraris ETCR Giulia 2.jpg

Set to participate alongside Cupra and Hyundai in the ETCR next season, Romeo Ferraris recently revealed they are hard at work alongside Hexathron Racing System developing the new car;

"We are delighted to announce the start of a new venture for our company. Touring car racing is a fascinating world and it’s no coincidence that we have been successfully present in this area for the last 20 years. After giving the Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR the highest results on the international scene that could be achieved by an independently-run programme as ours, we have decided to take a brave big dive into the new ETCR series concept" Said Romeo Ferraris Operations Manager, Michela Cerruti.
"A lot of things still need to be outlined, of course, and that is absolutely normal when you start from a white sheet of paper, but we believe that electric is the obvious choice for the future, not only for automotive but also for motor racing. Our engineers are already at work, we are starting this journey later than the big carmakers that have already been engaged in electric racing for some time, with way larger resources than a private constructor like us. Regardless of all that, we will do our utmost to keep our reputation high, as we have always done so far.”

The task in front of Romeo Ferraris is a considerable one, with this new car representing their first venture into electric racing, and considering the sizeable difference in scale between this small Italian operation versus the might of big budget brands Hyundai and Cupra. Fighting against the odds is nothing new to Milan based team, the outfit having already more than proven their worth in recent years with an increasingly competitive Giulietta in the FIA WTCR and various national championships.

Anything and everything you need to know about motorsport is just a thread posting away... drop a new thread in the Motorsport sub forum and let the community answer your questions and share their knowledge!

Romeo Ferraris ETCR Giulia 1.jpg

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Premium
I'm such a lucky old guy that had the luck to hear different machines in races, V12, V8, V6 and V4, also Boxers, but now...For me emotions are low now with electric cars. I myself own a new Giulia Veloce, a beauty with motor sound.

I'm such a lucky old guy that had the luck to hear different machines in races, V12, V8, V6 and V4, also Boxers, but now...For me emotions are low now with electric cars. I myself own a new Giulia Veloce, a beauty with motor sound.
hey have you checked out the sound that the Hyundai ETCR car makes? It's obviously not as cool as an ICE but I think it's really cool how unique it sounds.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 89 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000