Motogp16 New 3rd Person Chase Cameras

MGP16 Motogp16 New 3rd Person Chase Cameras Pack 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I like closer cams, I would even prefer somekind "over the shoulder" cam.
That would be interesting. But I guess I'll have to satisfy with "close chase".
But there's one thing... I believe you could (must?) improve.
I don't like too high cams too, they look unrealistic and too arcade but your cams seems way too low, to the point that driver body block important track view.
Look, it's even obvious from your screenshots.
farspeedeff-jpg.159432

Maybe you should consider raise it. (and even close version ...for some who like it :D like me)
Another thing, is there already cam that isn't speed depended ? I don't like cam that goes further from driver as we accelarate. If we don't can you make a version for ones who like it stay close as it is when driving slow, please.
Simply put can a camera stay about this way for the entire time
grn1-jpg.159433

(maybe even more close, if you :geek:asking me, to have that "over the shoulder view") and a little higher so not to blocking track view ?

Last edited:
Hi, i comment you comments :sneaky:

-But there's one thing... I believe you could (must?) improve.
I don't like too high cams too, they look unrealistic and too arcade but your cams seems way too low, to the point that driver body block important track view.
Look, it's even obvious from your screenshots.

Thats a speed cam effect, its only like that when your on full thottle.

Maybe you should consider raise it. (and even close version ...for some who like it :D like me)

Thats reasonable enough, read my last notes.

-Another thing, is there already cam that isn't speed depended ?

They are all speed dependant except for one. The 3rd person fixed.

-I don't like cam that goes further from driver as we accelarate. If we don't can you make a version for ones who like it stay close as it is when driving slow, please

Yea, it can be done. But you will have to specify slow. Slow as in 1 gear? or 2 second gear on stock?

-(maybe even more close, if you :geek:asking me, to have that "over the shoulder view") and a little higher so not to blocking track view ?

That camera is with tilt, a close cam with tilt makes me dizzy. :redface:

Notes:

OK.. since interpreting your fav pov is going to be a bit tricky, I suggest you take a screenshot in freecam mode of your ideal POV. Upload it and i see what i can do to adjust the camera to that position.

Cheers

Ok, here they are.
This is the original by Milestone:
149po92.jpg

And if you can make it look something like this:
2zdx28i.jpg

?
Please.

You will notice that FOV (field of view) is also a lot smaller.
Too big FOV perhaps give you a bigger sense of speed but at a same time - makes game look too artificial and too "arcadish" you know...

Thanks.

P.S.
I'm not sure is you can leave that "sense of speed" cameras TOTALLY, but if you can't then you could make a effect a small as possible. ("to make camera goes further away as you accelerate") This too makes game look like some cheap arcade. :)

So its basically this one from the mod:

New closer fixed 3rd person POV

3rdfixed-jpg.159430

only a bit closer and lower with the field of view thing

So I tested your mod.
I realize there's so many cams in it. There's even one close enough to the one I have been asking for. That's the one of the two who looks the same, I'm sure you know which two I'm talking about, that 2nd one. The one which doesn't change when going fast.
But mate, I don't know did you notice but all your cams which are speed sensitive has one common problem. As you accelerate camera goes backward and then - driver block the view of the track ! Please take a look again and understand that this is impossible way to drive.
I also love that camera that looks like it's mounted on tail and have that "gyroscopic" motion, just it has way too big FOV.
Another thing - since you put this much outside cams - we now don't have NOT SINGLE "on board" cam ?!? I'm not happy about it to be honest.
And since I can't really convince you to do stuff as I would love I realize that I will have to do some editing by myself. For myself.

So I tested your mod.

I did say ss dont help much....

I realize there's so many cams in it. There's even one close enough to the one I have been asking for. That's the one of the two who looks the same, I'm sure you know which two I'm talking about, that 2nd one. The one which doesn't change when going fast.
Yes, the 2nd is my fav, I never like the 1st one that much, just added that one to see how it felt.

But mate, I don't know did you notice but all your cams which are speed sensitive has one common problem. As you accelerate camera goes backward and then - driver block the view of the track ! Please take a look again and understand that this is impossible way to drive.
Yes, its called experimenting with views. I don’t expect them all to adjust to everyone’s taste which means they will be subject to modification when there’s a reasonable reason. The objective was to make a different variety of pov, and hopefully one or two at most would adjust to someone’s taste. You like one and hated the rest. For me that’s great. Doesn’t mean the other cams can’t be improved.

I also love that camera that looks like it's mounted on tail and have that "gyroscopic" motion, just it has way too big FOV.
I tagged this one: Mushrooms. I did it for fun. It also makes me dizzy.

Another thing - since you put this much outside cams - we now don't have NOT SINGLE "on board" cam ?!? I'm not happy about it to be honest.
Well, what can I say? The title says 6 new chase cams… it didn’t say anything about board cam. So that shouldn’t catch anyone by surprise. If youd like an on board cam, something might be conjured up, not that I think a variety of onboard cams could be molded without them being very very similar contrary to 3rd person cams. If you want make an ss and ill see what I can do.

And since I can't really convince you to do stuff as I would love I realize that I will have to do some editing by myself. For myself.
I dont expect a mod to adjust to perfection when its just out of the oven. There are certain things that you pointed out like, the camera is too low and your right. I only test this cam for short periods of time, so I didn’t really realize it was not that practical.
However that said, I don’t mind taking requests with such a personal matter like favorite pov. Its as personal as interpreting what a green fart smells like. Anyway as long and we straight from A to B I don’t mind.
:ninja:

That said, i believe the 2nd cam you were talking about was slightly closer, so a did small modification to the 1st one ::confused:

Yeah, that's the one.
Is it possible to upload only this and that "Mushroom" cam:) (with the same or very close FOV as this cam from your video) and only instead of those two Milestone outside cams, leaving those 3 (or there is 4?) on board cams in their original state. Please ?
If you don't want to change your mod into this maybe then to upload as a separate mod or somewhere ...else, like Mediafire.

Thanks for your time.

heh , course not, yesterday i was on vacation :rolleyes:... today i worked :cry:.

Ah,,, The problem i have with on board cameras is that they have to be adjusted for EVERY bike, if you want to do it right. Im too lazy for that :sleep:

I kinda lost you in you 1st post though.

Please enumerate, that are 6 posible camera positions. The original options are

1. Close Rear Camera
2. Mid Rear Camera
3. Far Rear Camera
4. Cockpit Camera
5. Helmet Camera
6. Ground Camera

cheers

What files are needed to run this mod? I want to try it, but i won´t overwrite my whole data.mix. So an overview off the needed files would be nice.

So i tried v2 for a couple of laps on Losail. i like 2 of them very much, so thank you for your work.

some feedback:
perspective 1 & 2 (bike stays not centered)
nothing for me. the bike is not staying centered on the screen, this makes me a litte bit dizzy

perspective 3
20161116191324_1.jpg

one of my favorites. only problem i have is the rumbling when you hit the curbs. i would like to see this toned down a bit.

perspective 4

20161116191347_1.jpg

i like it, but it´s problematic in straight line breaking because i can´t see where i´m going.

perspective 5
20161116191421_1.jpg

one of my favorites. visibility in straight line breaking is less of an issue.

perspective 6
to close to vanilla for me so i haven´t tried it.

again, nice mod
cheers

i have an audio bug after pausing the game in perspective 2,3,4,5 (as in my post above).
here is how it happens:
1 start practice session or whatever
2. pause the game
3. unpause -> no game sound

if i switch through the perspectives, sound starts again as soon as i hit perspective 6. all perspectives have sound again after that.

is this just my setup? has anyone else this?

i tried it also with your data.mix, same result

Hi, thanks for the feedback,

About
perspective 1 & 2 (bike stays not centered)
nothing for me. the bike is not staying centered on the screen, this makes me a litte bit dizzy

These are mostly tilt cameras, yea they are a bit dizzy. I want to see if it moves less, but i wasnt very succesfull.:sick:

only problem i have is the rumbling when you hit the curbs. i would like to see this toned down a bit.

I dont know if its the nature of the camera, but il try to take that one down too. i dont know if its possible though:O_o:

i like it, but it´s problematic in straight line breaking because i can´t see where i´m going.

Yea..:cautious:

About the sound.

Yep, i encountered this whilst cruising through the view as well. i try and figure it out, but its strange.:unsure:

Another thing weird as fuc, is trying to do a time attack with the M1R :whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%