MGP19 MotoGP Developers Milestone Aquired by THQ Nordic/Koch Media

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone bought by THQ Nordic.jpg

Italian racing game developers Milestone have been acquired by the ever expanding THQ Nordic / Koch Media group.

Announced earlier today, the acquisition of Milestone s.r.l by THQ Nordic / Koch Media is a major boost for the long standing Italian development team, adding welcome funds and resources to the studio as they look to build upon their expanding officially licenced racing game franchises - including such titles as the official MotoGP championship game, MXGP and of course their own RIDE series of releases.

“Becoming a part of the Koch Media Family is an important step for our studio. Being run as a family business, which is built on the enthusiasm of its team members and centred around racing games, we are delighted to bring our expertise and knowledge into the company group and strive from the experience and knowledge outside of our core DNA. We are sure that the combination of our experiences will strengthen our position in our market segment and help us to bring more exciting games to our fans and extend the frontiers of racing within the gaming industry,“ says Luisa Bixio, Vice President Milestone s.r.l.
Primarily known for their bike racing titles in recent years, Milestone have progressively brought bigger and better games to the marketplace since forming under their previous name of Grafitti, back in 1994. Earlier this year their latest release, MotoGP 19, is widely regarded as one of their best racing games to-date, featuring some impressive graphics and a first introduction of Neural AI in a publicly available racing game on home PC and console.

Of course MotoGP 19 isn't without its own issues, but the progressive improvements shown by the franchise continue in an upward trend, something that should be accelerated in future years by the new arrangement with THQ Nordic and Koch Media.

With the studio now in the same family group as Wreckfest, it will be interesting to see what new IP and projects are developed in the coming years...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 955978

...doing the Maserati Tipo Birdcage around Sergio’s Südschleife has a very grounding affect about simracing...
Thank you very much Sergio!

• Deleted member 955978

Maybe? I dunno, you're acting like this is a website for simracing enthusiasts while it's not like this.
Don't get me wrong, I love simracing, but RD is not just about sims, is about virtual motorsport. And simracing is part of virtual motorsport
So,
Okay, let's start again without the aggro.
The site is called Race Department so on the virtual side we deal with racing games, a quick look at our sections tells you that.
Anyway can we get back on topic please.
shure Kenny,
But please state you cut half of the discussion...
Hugs

• Deleted member 955978

Because many RD members are MXGP/MotoGP/Supercross fans perhaps...? This is big news to me.
Meh, this thread was censored, cutting most replays out...
Ask Kenny....
I have enough of this, going to bed now
No hugs to ge found here...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years