MotoGP Champion Marquez to Get Red Bull F1 Test

Italians are comming !
Not sure if you watch all races (like I do:geek:) lower categories too but that's for sure... Italians are do comming (back). Which is also connected with that... GOAT. And his racing academy/ranch.
Standings: Moto3 - Italians are 1st, 2nd and 5th, Moto2 - they on 1st, 4th and 5th place and in MotoGP also not so bad - they on 4th and 5th place. Not too shabby huh ? :)
Regarding Rossi/Marquez/Dovi/Rabat saga....
I have my reasons, they wouldn't mean much to you now but my favorites are, more-less in this order - Vinales, Crutchlow, Rins, Pedrosa, Zarco, Nakagami...

And I think it's great not to rooting for only one driver cause you often end up disappointed.
I knew it from the first hand. All those years I bite my nails chering for J. Villeneuve dear God... Pretty much like Vinales now it was like...
"oh damn, he was 11 on grid. *hit. another bad start possition. no, wait, after start he's as low as 15!?? how the hell did he manage that, he's the only one to lose 4 possition! oh for * sake:devilish: me and my favorite drivers!"
It never changes... years gone by but my frustration stays the same. Sadly. My dad was smarter, years of experience I guess, he was like "Schumacher is my favorite! And Ferrari!":rolleyes: and those were the Schummy/Ferrari years, needless to say. Oh dad I should have been more like you. I see it now, clearly... :unsure:
I agree with you a part for your last words... I don't understand your ideas for rider preferences... For me personally, I have start to watch Valentino at 500 in date 2000.. Have been my idol from these years to now.. In these last years of struggles my passion for him is even more! It's to simple and not respectable to prefer a Rider only when he wins.. It's not my case.. Sorry for bad english (-:

Don't get me wrong, I love Vale too. He's simply an icon.
Some of his behavior on track I don't like very much, like that incident in Malaysia few years back. Actually... I was annoyed by Marquez (he wasn't in title fight but he said he race for himself, not Lorenzo) more and after Vale hit him I was quite happy:D but I was disappointed in Vale's reaction after whole incident, guess he was angry cause Lorenzo got the title.
Marquez was also not very honest after the incident, Lorenzo too... only person that speak like a normal person after that incident was Pedrosa. Since then I appreciate him much more than before, I saw that he was most honest and realistic person among them all. At least among those four... so called "Aliens".

Marquez... he's strange, to me at least. When he's on camera before the race he's so serious, almost unrecognizable, but after the race... oh man... he's like a small child. And somehow... I just feel like he's just a kid who's having fun you know... and whatever he do... somehow, I can't be mad at him.:x3: He's great for spectacle, he's damn fast, he's having a fun, and he's not trying to hide it.
Vale is (maybe that comes by years, or he's just different person) much more as they say politically correct ...I think he better hide his real feelings you know, he's always waving to the camera and stuff...

And I become Vinales fan, long time ago, he was in Moto3 still, and on one race, somewhere in the middle season TV cams show his fans waving his flags and then there's a shot of his face - he was just so childishly happy when he saw that, I couldn't help myself but to become fan.:inlove: He was quite far from being a champion that year, he had good start of season and end, and I was so happy when he in last race (and LAST TURN!) took that Moto3 title. Boy... was that a great battle... him, Rins and Salom, may he rest in peace.

Mir...:confused: oh God... that kid WILL BE great one day. And that day is not that far. He's already signed ...something for Honda, isn't he ? He could be driving this year in MotoGP I think, he's that good ! :)

Last edited:
Italians are comming !
Not sure if you watch all races (like I do:geek:) lower categories too but that's for sure... Italians are do comming (back). Which is also connected with that... GOAT. And his racing academy/ranch.
Standings: Moto3 - Italians are 1st, 2nd and 5th, Moto2 - they on 1st, 4th and 5th place and in MotoGP also not so bad - they on 4th and 5th place. Not too shabby huh ? :)
Regarding Rossi/Marquez/Dovi/Rabat saga....
I have my reasons, they wouldn't mean much to you now but my favorites are, more-less in this order - Vinales, Crutchlow, Rins, Pedrosa, Zarco, Nakagami...

And I think it's great not to rooting for only one driver cause you often end up disappointed.
I knew it from the first hand. All those years I bite my nails chering for J. Villeneuve dear God... Pretty much like Vinales now it was like...
"oh damn, he was 11 on grid. *hit. another bad start possition. no, wait, after start he's as low as 15!?? how the hell did he manage that, he's the only one to lose 4 possition! oh for * sake:devilish: me and my favorite drivers!"
It never changes... years gone by but my frustration stays the same. Sadly. My dad was smarter, years of experience I guess, he was like "Schumacher is my favorite! And Ferrari!":rolleyes: and those were the Schummy/Ferrari years, needless to say. Oh dad I should have been more like you. I see it now, clearly... :unsure:

Indeed, Mobidello won Moto 2 last year, I looked it up and the previous middle class winner for Italy was Simoncelli (RIP) back in 2008!! and last 125 was Dovi in 2004!! Those are long dry spells! I still see a lot of Spanish dominance in the future, especially with Marc!

When I started watching Bike Gps it was the early 90's and the Rainey/Schwantz/Doohan battles....epic stuff until Rainey's awful accident :(, but as my avatar shows I was a Schwantz fan so know all about disappointment too. '93 and Rainey's crash was not how Schwantz wanted to win.

I like to spread my loyalties more now (what with the ridiculous talent throughout) but still have my faves.

I admit, I don't follow bike racing as long as I follow F1 but as a child I had some album with stickers and had some knowledge about it...
I loved Scwantz most of those three legends, simply cause and I'm a bit ashamed to say it out loud - he always had best looking bikes. :D
Or was it with thar uber cute
s-l300.jpg

PEPSI logo:inlove: or it was, as same as cool,
s-l300.jpg

Lucky Strike logo. @@
That and I only had his poster, which I put on my room door. :p

Yeah, I'm that superficial. But like I said, at least I'm ashamed to say it loud. :laugh:

edit:
Japanese_motorcycle_Grand_Prix_1991.jpg

What a pic huh ? =/
Doohan (3) Schwantz (34), Rainey (1) and Kocinski (19) at the 1991 Japanese GP.

Last edited:
Hey all bike fans, if you have Amazon Prime, you can watch this documentary for free. It's sensational!!!
https://www.amazon.com/Hitting-Apex...4330&sr=1-16&keywords=motorsports+documentary

As for Rossi, I know he's not slow, I was trolling a bit, but he's 39 and the bike is inconsistent. That Zarco can consistently outrun him is not a good look. Same against Vinales. As for Honda being the best, not until they put a Ducati motor in it. Pedrosa is consistently 10-15th in qualy, while even Lorenzo can get front rows.

We'll bring up the GOAT talk in 13 years when Marquez has a fuller career, you can't compare their body of work now. Too soon. But watch that doc, they have a GREAT comparison of the riding styles and the changes that Marquez's arrival forced onto the top riders.

@Ryan Soucy, sorry but your bad cheer for Marquez it makes you blind and not objective.. Firstly Zarco can outrun Rossi maybe in another dimensional universe and not here.. Zarco has a bike that is more consistent and faster because have various spec in there... Rossi and Vinales have to make the difficult job to test every single combination for try to make Yamaha much faster...Rossi with the bike of Zarco surely can win much more, but the task of the official riders is not only to make a bike faster and suitable for themselves with 2018 engine, 2016 frame ecc. Unlike Zarco.. Rossi and Vinales have to put the new pieces and have to test them.. So if the engineers have make a bad job (like this year) (electronic firstly) Rossi and Vinales will have more difficulties... Your second wrong sentences is the Ducati engine... Ducati engine is no longer much more faster then Honda engine.. And today is more important the electronics then 10 or 15 more horsepower..
Put a "disagree" here too, but I speak of real facts and that those who are objective can confirm.

Last edited:
Plus Rossi is the Goat because is the only ever to have make so many riding styles change.. From 125 2T, to 250 2T, to 500 2T, to 1000 4T, to 800 4T, and now 1000 4T, with Bridgestone and now various spec of Michelin tyres..no other words needed here, bye(-:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back