MGP20 MotoGP 21 Announced | New Trailer and Screenshots Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone are set to further expand their two-wheel bike offering in the near future, with the announcement of the next in a long line of official MotoGP bike racing games - MotoGP 21.
  • Official game of the 2021 MotoGP Championship.
  • All bikes, teams, riders and circuits of the current season.
  • Return of historic bikes and riders.

Another new 2 wheel racing adventure is about to begin as recent days sees the announcement of the latest official MotoGP racing game - MotoGP 21.

As usual from a Milestone developed bike racing title, the new announcement it packed full of some absolutely incredible looking visuals, an area of the MotoGP games that increasingly impresses with each new release into the franchise.

Visuals aside, Milestone appear to have done well to pack the upcoming title with plenty of interesting content, adding both the Moto2 and Moto3 series alongside MotoGP and historic favourites, plus a well fleshed out career mode where players can either pick up with their favourite rider, or form their own team to take on the might of the Grand Prix racing world.

MotoGP 21 is set to release on both console and PC April 22nd this year.

Check out these awesome looking screenshots below:

MotoGP 21 3.jpg
MotoGP 21 4.jpg
MotoGP 21 5.jpg

MotoGP 21 2.jpg

About the Game:

The Very Best of MotoGP

Live the 2021 Season at its fullest with the classes MotoGP™, Moto2™, Moto3™.

Live the most authentic and immersive 2-wheels racing experience with more than 120 official riders, over 20 tracks and new and improved features for an unprecedented level of realism. And for the first time, the Long Lap Penalty. Relive the history of MotoGP™ with more than 40 historic riders and their iconic bikes.

Plan Your Game
Take full control of your managerial career: joining an official team or creating a brand new one it's up to you. Then select your Staff: a team of professionals will assist you throughout the season and your career, helping you to take crucial decisions like the choice of the best contract and the development of your bike.

And once you get to the highest classes, build your own Junior Team, handling every aspect.

Every Detail Under Control
When you can control and manage every aspect of the race, every decision matters. Keep tabs on the level of Fuel, the Brakes temperature and the Tire wear. Take crucial choices based on your riding style and the conditions of the race

Winning With Style
Whether is the way you ride or the way you look, style is key in MotoGP™21. Show them who you really are! Customize helmet, suit, stickers, racing number and livery with 5 incredible graphic editors!

And impress everyone with your riding style too! Also, our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning is back with significant improvements: get ready to discover new faces of A.N.N.A. in the most exciting races ever!

Take the fun to a whole new level challenging your friends online or create your own events with the Race Director mode, enjoying a smooth and lag-free experience thanks to our Dedicated Servers.

Original Source: Milestone

MotoGP 21 is set to release on both console and PC, April 22 2021.

Check out the MotoGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, chat and discussion around the world of the MotoGP game franchise.

MotoGP 21 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I may get this, last milestone GP game I bought was the VR the game...2016 I think!! Last Ride was Ride 2. Doesn't matter if a game comes out every year, you don't have to buy it!!

There are more promising things than stamping the same game every year.

There are more promising things than stamping the same game every year.

Whereas that does look very good indeed, it's basically an online hotlapping game? But also, I think we need both systems, Milestone have to pay the bills. I'd rather have the option of buying MGP 2025 at some point or Ride 6, rather than have Milestone go bust and nothing but early access online bike games (albeit with better physics). Room for both IMO and as I say no-one is forcing anyone to keep on buying the games year in year out.

Last edited:
Whereas that does look very good indeed, it's basically an online hotlapping game? But also, I think we need both systems, Milestone have to pay the bills. I'd rather have the option of buying MGP 2025 at some point or Ride 6, rather than have Milestone go bust and nothing but early access online bike games (albeit with better physics). Room for both IMO and as I say no-one is forcing anyone to keep on buying the games year in year out.
No, there is offline AI, and some preliminary test races were very promising!

"ADDING BIKE RETRIEVAL - in online multiplayer"... but offline retrieval?
P.S. Maybe some elements MotoGP21 mod can be transferred here? MotoGP class is quite OK, but Moto3 still has several teams with (now red) liveries...

Last edited:
I hope they fix the AI balancing. Right now it's awful, I started my Moto2 career at 92, Qatar 1 and 2 went fine, then in every other race I need to do a lot of tests because every track has a different AI level, so one track is 85, another one is 78 and so on.
It's frustrating, I spend most of the time finding the right AI difficulty. Sometimes they're too weak, sometimes they're too strong.

And add the freaking tyre wear to AI, every year is the same story, the player has tyre wear while AI has always fresh tyres

Last edited:
I do not experience that AI become faster than me at the end of the race. AI can have some "wear" effects though. I edited AISkill file, making wide AI skill ranges like 0.78 - 1.00. It causes some riders drop down postions (for example, 2nd to 6th). Also race results have greater variety, though gaps can be larger.
My AI difficulty is around 50. But, yes, it varies from track to track.

Last edited:
I do not experience that AI become faster than me at the end of the race. AI can have some "wear" effects though. I edited AISkill file, making wide AI skill ranges like 0.78 - 1.00. It causes some riders drop down postions (for example, 2nd to 6th). Also race results have greater variety, though gaps can be larger.
My AI difficulty is around 50. But, yes, it varies from track to track.
How did you edit it?

I released.
Features edited AIskills file with wider range of Moto2 and Moto3 AIskills. Also it has more similar laptime generation - when free practice sessions are skipped, it is much more possible to see leaders like P.Acosta or J.Mcphee in prequalifying.
Pay attention to (!) this AIskills file contains all generation values in range 1.03 -1.06, so no "fake" good laptimes are generated when session is abruptly ended!
I was annoyed that this stupid bug is still there - I made prequalifying in Jerez. You know that Milestone improved scoreboard - when you drive, you see realtime standings in the left upper corner. So I was driving - I saw all 4 riders (Binder, Toba, myself, Acosta) going to Q2, session's time was out, over a minute was overtime. So no time could be set by any AI anymore. And then, when final standings were shown - G.Rodrigo was the third! It was obvious "fake", generated time. I think it happens, if AI has not set a lap time. And I have observed AI going into the pits at the end of first flying lap (~ technical bike issues simulated).
When I shifted all those values to - 1.03 -1.055\1.06 range, nothing like that has happened!
Because 1.03 - best of the range equals ~ 2 secs gap from best lap time, so it does not "screw up" upper part part of standings.

Last edited:
I released.
Features edited AIskills file with wider range of Moto2 and Moto3 AIskills. Also it has more similar laptime generation - when free practice sessions are skipped, it is much more possible to see leaders like P.Acosta or J.Mcphee in prequalifying.
@Marg could you please list the utils that I need to use to edit these files? I used to mod the 2017 game, so I can work out how to use them, but I would like to get hold of the right apps for the latest motogp games to get started. (I'm not interested in graphics mods, only performance ones). Thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing