MGP20 MotoGP 21 Announced | New Trailer and Screenshots Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone are set to further expand their two-wheel bike offering in the near future, with the announcement of the next in a long line of official MotoGP bike racing games - MotoGP 21.
  • Official game of the 2021 MotoGP Championship.
  • All bikes, teams, riders and circuits of the current season.
  • Return of historic bikes and riders.

Another new 2 wheel racing adventure is about to begin as recent days sees the announcement of the latest official MotoGP racing game - MotoGP 21.

As usual from a Milestone developed bike racing title, the new announcement it packed full of some absolutely incredible looking visuals, an area of the MotoGP games that increasingly impresses with each new release into the franchise.

Visuals aside, Milestone appear to have done well to pack the upcoming title with plenty of interesting content, adding both the Moto2 and Moto3 series alongside MotoGP and historic favourites, plus a well fleshed out career mode where players can either pick up with their favourite rider, or form their own team to take on the might of the Grand Prix racing world.

MotoGP 21 is set to release on both console and PC April 22nd this year.

Check out these awesome looking screenshots below:

MotoGP 21 3.jpg
MotoGP 21 4.jpg
MotoGP 21 5.jpg

MotoGP 21 2.jpg

About the Game:

The Very Best of MotoGP

Live the 2021 Season at its fullest with the classes MotoGP™, Moto2™, Moto3™.

Live the most authentic and immersive 2-wheels racing experience with more than 120 official riders, over 20 tracks and new and improved features for an unprecedented level of realism. And for the first time, the Long Lap Penalty. Relive the history of MotoGP™ with more than 40 historic riders and their iconic bikes.

Plan Your Game
Take full control of your managerial career: joining an official team or creating a brand new one it's up to you. Then select your Staff: a team of professionals will assist you throughout the season and your career, helping you to take crucial decisions like the choice of the best contract and the development of your bike.

And once you get to the highest classes, build your own Junior Team, handling every aspect.

Every Detail Under Control
When you can control and manage every aspect of the race, every decision matters. Keep tabs on the level of Fuel, the Brakes temperature and the Tire wear. Take crucial choices based on your riding style and the conditions of the race

Winning With Style
Whether is the way you ride or the way you look, style is key in MotoGP™21. Show them who you really are! Customize helmet, suit, stickers, racing number and livery with 5 incredible graphic editors!

And impress everyone with your riding style too! Also, our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning is back with significant improvements: get ready to discover new faces of A.N.N.A. in the most exciting races ever!

Take the fun to a whole new level challenging your friends online or create your own events with the Race Director mode, enjoying a smooth and lag-free experience thanks to our Dedicated Servers.

Original Source: Milestone

MotoGP 21 is set to release on both console and PC, April 22 2021.

Check out the MotoGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, chat and discussion around the world of the MotoGP game franchise.

MotoGP 21 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I leaved a lot of hate comments about Ride 3 because that was a very disappointing Milestone. But have to admit that since MotoGP19, they got on the very right track and are delivering amazing games.

Ok, Ride 4 was a very broke and disappointing game until some very recent updates, but now it's simply the best bike game ever made (and, yes... I'm playing the genre since the 80s). I'm occasionally playing MotoGP20 (because R4 is way better to my taste), and it's a very good game. Probably I will skip the 21 because I aways do that with yearly franchises (usually I skip 3 or even 4 years... still playing FIFA 18).

About bike simulation... just gave up because it's impossible to simulate anything with current controls. I also have GP Bikes here and is a very frustrating game. When my bike simulator is harder than my real life bike it means that something is very wrong. The Milestone's games, otherwise, allow me to use some real techniques, with real pacing, but still very controllable. As I can see, it means that these games are very good simcades, and there is nothing wrong with that. Specially that some of my favorite bike games are ones like Midnight Club LA and Mega Drive's Road Rash 1 & 2, that are as arcade as it can get.

Me in Superbike 2000 (also Milestone!).
"Cool, so AI-crashing means they will actually lose a lot of positions. This can be coooool" (I was 10... cool was probably used even more than that).
Race 3: "Turning this off. I crash more in one race than all AI's combined in 10".
In MotoGP20 AI crashes were OK. After modding AI made more mistakes. And turning "this off" is unacceptable for real bike sim racer. Also in MotoGP20 I made terrain almost unridable, so AI had difficulties to get out of gravel (where they respawned), so losing even more time.

TrackDayR will be released (early access) on 17 march 2021!
I will not skip. But - I did not see a word here about crashes - after the crash - no respawn, you will have to run to bike to pick it up and rejoin! After 20 years since sbk 2001 this feature returns.
Yes, finally we'll have a simulator, and not something like MotoGP.

I finally stopped trusting Milestone after MXGP20. It's shame.

Last edited:
'I wOnT bUy iT cAuSe I cAnT mImIcK tHe tRuE sIm eXpErIeNcE'
Geez, let your hair down a bit - it's all gaming, even your super serious sims. You'll never have access to the proper sims the motorsport drivers / riders use so anything below that is 'unrealistic'.
I swear the sim community should just get off its high horse and just enjoy things. You'll have more fun and live longer ! It's just a game in the end.
I personally can't wait to buy this one, Milestone is on the up since MotoGP 17 and these games are miles better than what Codies has been doing since '15.
NB : if you care so much about graphics (that aren't related to the bike / rider), maybe you're not so much a 'true sim fan' eh ? Always heard graphics weren't that important... ;)

I used to try and play bike games a lot with a controller like MotoGP 06 but really they were just arcade type games. Not really simulation. You could get good at it but it was no representation of the real thing in any way.

Bike games just never have been a good simulation and I'm not sure they ever will. They should have just stuck at Super Hang on and left it there.

NO VR NO BUY

The Dev is in to VR, just needs some convincing to go with it. Not convinced people could hack the motion/sickness based on his experience with MXBikes.

Regarding the swearing about 'no real MC controller options', this is one for starters:

I know it might be to sit between two chairs, i.e. between stick and full blown MC rig, but options to even add something less expensive home made rig.
(This video was originally linked from another RD user in another thread on this site last August, I think)

Last edited:
I may get this, last milestone GP game I bought was the VR the game...2016 I think!! Last Ride was Ride 2. Doesn't matter if a game comes out every year, you don't have to buy it!!
Ride 4 is a huge step from R2, and MotoGP 2016 is a very bad game, while the 2020 is an amazing racing game that easily rivals Codemaster F1 2020 (that is the best F1 from them... by far).

I really recommend that you play at least one of them. MotoGP2020 is available "for free" on Microsoft Game Pass for PC, so you can try it without spent to much money.

• Deleted member 963434

Couldn’t say it better. I would love to play this game if there were a motor wheel thing controller available.
lol i drove motorcycles on my wheel in GTA V with realistic driving and wheel support mods. all you need is centering spring on your wheel...
i dont get it when i read someone asks "why motogp game would not add wheel support" and they answering him "its not same thing", "you cant ride motorcycle on steering wheel its different thing than car" lol of course. but even if we have "controller" for motorcycles i guess yo mean motorcycle handlebar?? it still wont be a real think and not close, and also i would tell to differenc than car steering wheel xD when yo drive real car yo controll it by steering wheel, also in sim yo controll sim car by steering wheel, so thats yo can tell same thing. but when driving motorcycle yo control it by leaning your body and whole motorcycle xD so that "controller for motorbike sims" shall be WHOLE MOTORBIKE that yo lean your body on it LOLOL... man.... i tell they can add wheel support just add centering spring to it and yo lean your wheel 60 degree to righ that would be like leaning moto gp bike 60 degree... what do you expect? yo got no clue how they ride them motrbikes yo think yo just need motorcycle handlebar to sim steering be legit.... i tell yo yo need whole motorbike that yo ull lean whole yo body on it to be realistic, and it still wont cause your controller wont do wheelie when yo put too much throttle.. so whats point of all this bullsh@#t tellin we need proper controller for motorbikes... its beyond current technology and SAFETY (watch mechanical bull) so all we need currently is just simple steering wheel support and wheel just spring back to center and it still is much better and precise than controller lol

• Deleted member 963434

Regarding the swearing about 'no real MC controller options', this is one for starters:

I know it might be to sit between two chairs, i.e. between stick and full blown MC rig, but options to even add something less expensive home made rig.
(This video was originally linked from another RD user in another thread on this site last August, I think)
yes i tell yo this "PROPER CONTROLLER FOR MOTORBIKE" is same useless as our car's steering wheels.. its same thing just yo not have round controller but handlebar but its both same "realistic" LOL HAVE YO EVER RIDE REAL MOTORBIKE?? yo know yo not controll it by handlebars but leaning your body?? and to tell more when you want to turn right yo not only leaning your body right but also leaning yo handlebar left?? so in this case to be most realistic he shall turn his input to left for actually turn his motorcycle right in sim xDDD i tell yo steering wheel support of corse is not realistic, but its EXACTLY SAME realistic as handlebars, its just for your own SATISFACTION to not turn motorbike by round wheel but handlebars "oh so realistic i have handlebars just like in a real motorbike" xD
i tell yo want realistic motorbike controller yo need whole motorbike that you must lean it into corner, it goes wheelie when yo put too much throttle... its TOTALLY different thing than driving car yo cant even compare. yo cant even compare it to flying simulator on joystick...

Ride 4 is a huge step from R2, and MotoGP 2016 is a very bad game, while the 2020 is an amazing racing game that easily rivals Codemaster F1 2020 (that is the best F1 from them... by far).

I really recommend that you play at least one of them. MotoGP2020 is available "for free" on Microsoft Game Pass for PC, so you can try it without spent to much money.

Good to know! I keep on meaning to get Ride 4 and a later MGP game, but keep on getting sidetracked by other games. I have a wish list on steam of 80 games LOL!! smeg load installed but unplayed bought in sales. Too many games not enough time!! Only just putting serious time into Deus Ex Mankind Divided!!

yes i tell yo this "PROPER CONTROLLER FOR MOTORBIKE" is same useless as our car's steering wheels.. its same thing just yo not have round controller but handlebar but its both same "realistic" LOL HAVE YO EVER RIDE REAL MOTORBIKE?? yo know yo not controll it by handlebars but leaning your body?? and to tell more when you want to turn right yo not only leaning your body right but also leaning yo handlebar left?? so in this case to be most realistic he shall turn his input to left for actually turn his motorcycle right in sim xDDD i tell yo steering wheel support of corse is not realistic, but its EXACTLY SAME realistic as handlebars, its just for your own SATISFACTION to not turn motorbike by round wheel but handlebars "oh so realistic i have handlebars just like in a real motorbike" xD
i tell yo want realistic motorbike controller yo need whole motorbike that you must lean it into corner, it goes wheelie when yo put too much throttle... its TOTALLY different thing than driving car yo cant even compare. yo cant even compare it to flying simulator on joystick...

Calm down, mate - but nice with some enthusiasm :D
To answer your question - I took my MC driver license +30 years ago and would argue I know all about the difference.
My advice was just one for starters, i.e. for entry level and small economy, as a better alternative to sticks and wheels for MC games. I didn't mention anything about a full motion MC simulator.
Nevertheless, you certainly have a good point in spring centering, but that can be added for the rig I linked to as well.
Edit: If sim games/mods for cruiser MC's exists (?), and not just all the various sport bike games, I think this is in fact a cheap and fine approximation.

Last edited:
Until we have access to a controller that can mimic what it is to ride a motorcycle, like we do for driving cars, any attempt to develop software is futile in a simulation perspective.
Feels like building a boat in a desert.
stock-photo-boat-abandoned-landscape-desert-arizona-vehicle-watercraft-alone-vast-62bc3064-15c4-47dc-83f1-4bf1f7ba774d.jpg
If you want some "real" feeling you have to do what I, and other more talented people, have done, build your own controller. I used parts of an old sidewinder ff steering wheel (pots and other assorted parts), bicycle handlebar and levers (for front brake and clutch), custom built lever for gearshift and rear brake (foot), and parts from a gamepad for rider lean and assorted buttons. Lot of work, much soldering and trial end error, and you're probably gonna be slower than with a gamepad, but so much more fun. Also, preferably play a simulator game like Piboso's GP Bikes or MX Bikes. Milestone games are not great when it comes to translating the inputs (have to use X360ce and UJR), terrible deadzone issues even if you tweak it.

Good to know! I keep on meaning to get Ride 4 and a later MGP game, but keep on getting sidetracked by other games. I have a wish list on steam of 80 games LOL!! smeg load installed but unplayed bought in sales. Too many games not enough time!! Only just putting serious time into Deus Ex Mankind Divided!!
Mate, your backlog had 80 games, but mine goes trough the 80s. My recent "achievements" were to finish games like Wastelands 1 and R-Type Final (100%), now working on complete Mega Turrican, before finally try the first Dragon Slayer.

Ride 4 I use to play casually... is a good game for when you just have those 15-30 minutes, despite having some more hardcore challenges in there that may need some more attention.

And R4 let me do things like these:

CFC71A44BBD58FCC6A67F72C77751630D5B85920

0646A12918E8DE7702A294C3ACFBB380BBE14540

Yes, I'm talking about the livery that I made...lol

Until we have access to a controller that can mimic what it is to ride a motorcycle, like we do for driving cars, any attempt to develop software is futile in a simulation perspective.
Feels like building a boat in a desert.
stock-photo-boat-abandoned-landscape-desert-arizona-vehicle-watercraft-alone-vast-62bc3064-15c4-47dc-83f1-4bf1f7ba774d.jpg
I agree
Been a few years since I've tried a Moto Sim, but when I did the closest thing I found, was running Motorcycle simulations with a force feedback Joystick. The experience did not compare well with the Simulation and controller options for simulating four wheels.

• Deleted member 963434

Calm down, mate - but nice with some enthusiasm :D
To answer your question - I took my MC driver license +30 years ago and would argue I know all about the difference.
My advice was just one for starters, i.e. for entry level and small economy, as a better alternative to sticks and wheels for MC games. I didn't mention anything about a full motion MC simulator.
Nevertheless, you certainly have a good point in spring centering, but that can be added for the rig I linked to as well.
Edit: If sim games/mods for cruiser MC's exists (?), and not just all the various sport bike games, I think this is in fact a cheap and fine approximation.
oh i replied not even looking at video.. this thing has potential for me. i misunderstood or something. but it looks pretty legit, only if it had centering force maybe some vibrations ? now i see it even has real motorcycle gears and i suppose rear brake? my advice would be add FFB centering spring and vibrations that get stronger when you about to lean too much. and maybe use left handlebar to leaning forward/backward - as right is for throttle make left for leaning, though it can be weird at start but why not?
or maybe something like tracir would serve as leaning? yo move head backward yo leaning back, you move head closer you lean forward xD last motogp i played was maybe motogp 08 but i remember you must lean forward there to gain top speed and lean bacward to brake faster

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing