MotoGP 2015: Rossi vs. Lorenzo Title Showdown

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
I am really excited for tomorrow's race at Valencia. Even though Rossi starts on the last place, he can climb up greatly if he can give out his maximum. It will be interesting especially if he catches Marcquez on track. I really wonder how will they act eachother this time.

upload_2015-11-7_16-50-6.png

That was interesting to see a rival team's rider guarding Lorenzo's lead. Not the title battle everyone expected, but i can't be said that Lorenzo did not deserve it.

He did deserve it, but Marquez' driving was :poop:. Cruising behind Lorenzo, protecting him from eventual attacks. It even looked like he was fending off Pedrosa in the end when he had closed the gap and tried to go for it. And him saying that he was waiting with an attack for the final laps is bull:poop: as well imo. Can't remember a single race where Marquez was waiting when he was pretty much glued to the back wheel of the driver ahead.

I read/heard some people tell/write that Rossi's title was stolen, but I don't think so.

Of course Marquez and Pedrosa could have finished ahead of Lorenzo today, but it was pretty clear that if they have any opportunity to help Lorenzo against Rossi, they would do it.

So, in my humble opinion, Rossi lost his 10th title at Malaysia, when he took Marquez down.

CTTaU8cWwAA9_Hp.jpg:large

CTSzW3rWIAApxou.jpg:large

Rossi's gap to the top3 got bigger after he was past Dovizioso, not even sure if he had been able to beat them without penalty. Imo he lost it in Misano when he waited too long to switch bikes.

At Malaysia he was taking every half a chance to pass Rossi. Today he didn't try half an attack (except when his teammate tried to pass). Well done to Jorge Marquez for the title, but Rossi is our champ. I'm so pissed off about Marc, and remember, this childish behaviour could destroy his career. How ridiculous his behaviour was, was proved with the booing in his home country.

Rossi's gap to the top3 got bigger after he was past Dovizioso, not even sure if he had been able to beat them without penalty. Imo he lost it in Misano when he waited too long to switch bikes.
Well, he was trying bloody hard to pass all those bikes, degradation must have played it part. Plus that closing a gap of 12 seconds in 18 laps would be a miracle, so there was not point in trying like crazy.

The season was indeed lost in Misano or maybe Malaysia (3 points for pushing another rider off line?)

Of course I know it is penalty points :p

I think the goal with the penalty was to send him at the back. Otherwise there would be no effective penalty for the incident.

A race report from a Rossi fan (the guy who penned his bio): http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/motogp-race/what-really-happened-in-valencia/

The fact is Rossi should have kept his mouth shut after Phillip Island and no issues would have occurred. Despite what one fanbase claims, one doesn't help their 'friend' win by taking 5 points off them by winning on the last lap of a race. The problem is Rossi chose to pick on Marc who gave no quarter - even to Lorenzo in the final race. Rossi claims one thing, Marc and HRC claim that Rossi is full of shite.

I don't believe Marc, Dani or HRC rode against Vale or are pro Jorge, all they care about is winning and couldn't give a stuff about Yamaha or its riders.

One problem was the riders were told to cool down and stop aggressive passing which is why Rossi had a pretty easy time passing riders until be was 4th and why the Honda boys didn't try any unsafe or hard passes unlike all the races up to Sepang. Lorenzo had 7 start to finish wins this year which featured NO PASSES at all..he was untouchable.

5 of the last 9 dry races at Valencia had no passes at the head of the race.

In all a great season ruined by some squabbles. Congrats to Lorenzo for 7 wins and 12 podiums and congrats to Rossi for his 2nd place in the world title. Yamaha have a hell of a bike and deserve the constructors title.

Can't wait for next year - Rossi v Marquez part 2.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years